• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Building a desktop!

Years
Just curious, but how many of y'all here have built your own desktop(s)? What is the primary reason you have one built; did you maybe build a home theater PC, a CAD workstation, or a gaming rig?

I'm looking to hopefully build a computer for Christmas and was just wondering if anyone else here actively uses a custom build. 8)

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
I can't say I actively use one, but I've made a build for myself that I'm happy enough with. I realized that I spend so much time online that I should really set up a computer that's better than my crummy laptop (and can actually play Fallout 4) so, yeah. I have the parts all prepared for something that's in my price range and I'm going to get going to ordering parts and building it soon.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
do it! you get a machine which perfectly meets your specifications for half the price. you know exactly what's gone into it, it's got no bloatware at all, and you kinda feel this weird sense of satisfaction while you're using it.

Happy and at peace. :)
Years
I've been planning on and off to build one over the years. I have build them for classes and such, but not my own.

Currently, I'm going to wait to see what Zen has to offer before making any decisions.

Years
Saving up for a cheap gaming computer. Currently still checking out what components to buy.

Years
my file server is custom built using standard desktop pc hardware and case and i prefer custom built since u can get what you want without all the darn bloatware oem copies of windows comes with that you really dont want

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
I built multiple PCs including my current rig. Hoping to do some big upgrades soon like a new x99 series MoBo!

Its a very fun activity for me even though I always get super stressed and worried that I'm going to break something...

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
My current, rapidly aging PC is something I've built, I'm going to (hopefully) build a new PC soon as well.

Eden

Right you are, Ken!
Years
Yup! I built my own PC in 2013. However, I guess you can say I've built two at this point. I've upgraded this thing so much that it's hard for me to consider it the same PC anymore.

Years
Yup! I built my own PC in 2013. However, I guess you can say I've built two at this point. I've upgraded this thing so much that it's hard for me to consider it the same PC anymore.
Well in that instance at least a custom build can go any way you want it to, unlike pre-built/OEM builds. :D

Years
Good ol' gaming PC built from scratch.

Glad I bothered building it cause now I know how to replace stuff without having to look at a manual and go "THIS IS THE RIGHT PIN CONNECTOR RIGHT???"

Years
I've built several rigs for myself and others. It's a great (but expensive ;-; ) hobby once you get into it. Feel free to PM me if you need any help picking out components or any tips for a first time builder! Best of luck!

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
Years
I just finished building mine! Not got the new mouse&keyboard yet but it's 100% built, and it's running great.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 28, 2022
I built My own Desktop cause I wanted one for Gaming but the premades sucked so I made my Own.. :)

Back