• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Burning Souls - Halloween Event 2020

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
🕯️ Burning Souls 🕯️
Challenges' Halloween Event - 2020

Welcome to another Spooky Challenge event! Do you have the heart, the will power, the energy to survive? Make sure you're stocked up, because it will slowly go down the drain.
General Rules

🔥 This Challenge can be completed on any main series Pokémon game. Additionally, any ROM hack or fan game completed through 8 gym badges and an Elite Four counts as well.
🔥 The Challenge is completed once you beat the region's Elite Four and the credits fully roll. Yes that means beating AZ or Brendan or running from Koko if that's the type of thing your game makes you do.
🔥 This Challenge runs from October 5th to November 2nd, 2020.
🔥 To make sure you've read the rules, your favourite horror monster is
Bienfu
[img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/fourworldseries/images/8/85/Bienfu.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/340?cb=20170725123359[/img]
🔥 Legendary and Mythical Pokémon are banned from this challenge. Pokémon Amie, Refresh, and the EXP Share are allowed in all games in which they exist.
🔥 If you need to evolve a Pokémon through trading, feel free to do so. Otherwise, no trading is allowed. Similarly, hacking or trading in items is allowed for evolutions, provided it is unavailable before the Elite Four in your game.

Cursed Rules - for this event!

🥀 Hordes of Chandelure have attacked Unova and are draining energy from all living things. Because of that, your Pokémon can only level up 20 levels, if you catch them when you have less than 4 badges, and only 10 levels if you caught it after that. This will later be addressed as level limit.
(Example: you obtain your starter at level 5, meaning that with no other rules in place, you must Box it as soon as it reaches level 25).
🥀 When a Pokémon hits its level limit, it must be boxed permanently. If its level limit hits 0 or less because of some rules, you have to permanently box that Pokémon too.
🥀 After finishing each Gym, post in the thread and you will be given an additional rule, which you have to play with for the remainder of the run unless mentioned otherwise. This way, you will have a unique (and hopefully fun) Challenge. If you want to check the list of your rules, just click on your name in the post below!
The only exception for this rule is between 5th and 6th Gym in Johto and between 4th and 5th Gym in Hoenn games, since there isn't really anything to do between these two. So you can beat both Gyms and then report here and get 2 rules instead of 1.
🥀 After obtaining a badge, please wait until you are told what your new rule is before proceeding.
🥀 In the case of a contradiction between the rules here and the personalized rules, the text of the personalized rule prevails unless noted otherwise.
🥀 All of your rules stack. In the case of a direct contradiction, don't be afraid to go with your guts or ask Janp or Eleanor to settle the contradiction.
🥀 Players of games in the Alola region will not face gyms. Instead, they will get a new rule after every Grand Trial, as well as after four specific Trials: the Trial of Verdant Cavern, the Trial of Wela Volcano Park, the Trial of the Abandoned Supermarket, and the Trial of Vast Poni Canyon.

🔮 Name:
🔮 Trainer Class:
🔮 Your favourite horror monster:
🔮 Game:

You can start playing your chosen game right after you sign up, as there is no additional rules that need to be added, but will have to wait for an update everytime you have a badge! We will try to update the PLAYER BOARD just below daily, or every two or three days if we're like, extremely busy fighting off the ghosts.

Presented by Janp and Eleanor / CSS by Eleanor
Chandelure art from [color=#b3ffff]https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dPB4A[/color]

The flames burn higher and higher...
🕯️ Hall of Fame 🕯️
You truly have everything it takes.

🌟 Kostucha
🌟 Eleanor
🌟 Sydian
🌟 Sheep

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years

🕯️ Player Board 🕯️
Click on the name of a player to see their progress and current rules!​

[tab=1]
    Backer_f_OD.png
    • Dawn • White
    [/tab][tab=2]
    Guitarist_OD.png
    • Cubism • Radical Red
    [/tab][tab=3]
    Lady_OD.png
    • Sheep • Gold
    [/tab][tab=4]
    Ace_Trainer_f_V_OD.png
    • Eleanor • Blaze Black 2
    [/tab][tab=5]
    Bug_Catcher_IV_OD.png
    • Kostucha • White 2
    [/tab][tab=6]
    Rancher_OD.png
    • Janp • Alpha Sapphire
    [/tab][tab=7]
    Pokemon_Ranger_m_OD.png
    • Wschmidth • Theta Emerald
    [/tab][tab=8]
    Bird_Keeper_Guitarist_HGSS_OD.png
    • Sydian • Ruby
    [/tab][tab=9]
    Medium_OD.png
    • Aeternum • Emerald
    [/tab][tab=10]
    Ninja_Boy_OD.png
    • Superjolt • Black
    [/tab][tab=11]
    Psychic_f_OD.png
    • Yuna • Y
    [/tab][tab=12]
    Aroma_Lady_IV_OD.png
    • Hyzenthlay • X
    [/tab][tab=13]
    Camper_FRLG_OD.png
    • Pok3pals • Soul Silver
    [/tab][tab=14]
    Ace_Trainer_m_IV_OD.png
    • 11wildy • Crystal
    [/tab]

Dawn
Pokémon White
Badges: 1 / 8
Current standard level limit: Caught level + 20
One time rules:
  • none yet!
Continuous rules:
  • Mystic water - All Water-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
Cubism
Pokémon Radical Red
Badges: 2 / 8
One time rules:
  • none yet!
Continuous rules:
  • The Gray area - Pokémon listed as Gray in Pokédex gain 10 more levels for their level limit.
  • Affinity with the enemy - All Ghost-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
Sheep
Pokémon Gold
Badges: 8 / 8
Current standard level limit: Caught level + 10
One time rules:
  • Guardian angel - Pick one other player's Pokémon. It gains 10 more levels for their level limit. - ✔️
  • The ghosts are coming - For the next segment, you can only catch the first Pokémon you find in each new area, and you can't catch any Pokémon in areas you've already explored.
    (Badge 4 to Badge 5)
  • Fat demons - You can only use Pokémon that weigh more than 100.0 kg (220.5 lbs.) for this segment.
Continuous rules:
  • Minimize Weak Points - All Normal-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit. x2!
  • The Curse of Eternal Youth - When a Pokémon evolves, it loses 5 levels from its level limit.
Eleanor
Pokémon Blaze Black 2
One time rules:
  • Odd team - All Pokémon in your odd team slots gain 5 more levels for their level limit and all Pokémon in your even team slots lose 5 levels from their level limit.
    After Badge 4
  • Heart Swap - Exchange one of your rules with one of another player. - ✔️
  • Not so odd team - All Pokémon in your even team slots gain 5 more levels for their level limit and all Pokémon in your odd team slots lose 5 levels from their level limit.
    After Badge 6
Continuous rules:
  • Telepathy - All Psychic-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
  • Good Healthcare - Any Pokémon that knows a HP-draining move gains 5 levels in for their limit, but any Pokémon that knows a move with Recoil (or with a recharge turn, like Hyper Beam) loses 5 levels from their limit instead.
  • Like a rock - All Rock-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
  • Meddling with mystic forces - Any time you teach a Pokémon a Psychic or Ghost-type move, it gains 2 levels for their level limit. Any time you teach a Pokémon a Dark-type move, it loses 3 levels.
  • Light's End - Fairy, Fire and Electric-type Pokémon currently on your team lose 10 levels from the level limit. (Pokémon who have 2 of these types at the same time, such as Dedenne, still lose 10 levels).
    Swapped from Aeternum!
Kostucha
Pokémon White 2
One time rules:
  • Back to square one - All Pokémon currently on your team lose 20 levels from their level limit.
    After Badge 4
  • Ghostly adventures - All Ghost-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 10 more levels for their level limit, but all other Pokémon currently on your team lose 10 levels from their level limit.
    After Badge 5
  • Tall ghosts # 1 - You can only use Pokémon taller than 2.0 m (6'07") for this segment.
    (Badge 7 to 8)
  • Return from the grave - Pick one Pokémon, who is boxed because of level limit. Put it on your team with a new level limit of 15.
Continuous rules:
  • Shatter point - Rock, Bug and Ice-type Pokémon lose 10 levels from the level limit.
    (Pokémon who have 2 of these types at the same time, such as Crustle, still lose 10 levels).
  • Hexed Hands - Held items can no longer be used.
  • Cursed bag - You may no longer use items, except TMs, outside of battle.
  • Black and White - Pokémon listed as Black and/or White in Pokédex gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
Janp
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire
Badges: 5 / 8
One time rules:
  • Honest - Pick one Pokémon on your team. It will no longer have any level limit, regardless of other rules, but it must be boxed permanently at the end of the current segment.
    (Badge 1 to Badge 2) ✔️
  • Short ghosts #1 - You can only use Pokémon shorter than 1.6 m (5'03") for this segment.
    (Badge 2 to 3)
  • You are not prepared! - Each Pokémon currently on your team loses 5 levels from their level limit, unless it knows at least one Ghost-type move.
Continuous rules:
  • The Gray area - Pokémon listed as Gray in Pokédex gain 10 more levels for their level limit.
Wschmidth
Pokémon Theta Emerald renev.
Badges: 7 / 8
One time rules:
  • Energy Leak - For the next segment, every time a Pokémon faints, it loses 5 levels from its level limit.
    (Badge 1 to Badge 2) - ✔️
  • Variety of horrors - For the next segment, you may not catch any Pokémon who shares a type with one that is already in your team.
    (Badge 2 to Badge 3) - ✔️
Continuous rules:
  • Paranormal Trio - Normal, Psychic and Ghost-type Pokémon on your team lose 10 levels from the level limit. (Pokémon who have 2 of these types at the same time, such as Indeedee, still lose 10 levels).
  • Spark of life - All Electric-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
  • Natural Selection - Pokémon in the Amorphous and Mineral egg groups gain 5 levels for their limit (Pokémon that are in both groups at the same time get 10 levels instead: that means the Yamask and Sinistea evolution families).
  • Ghostly fire - All Fire-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
  • Underwater mysteries - Water, Dragon and Dark-type Pokémon currently on your team lose 10 levels from the level limit. (Pokémon who have 2 of these types at the same time, such as Crawdaunt, still lose 10 levels).
Sydian
Pokémon Ruby
One time rules:
  • Odd team - All Pokémon in your odd team slots gain 5 more levels for their level limit and all Pokémon in your even team slots lose 5 levels from their level limit.
  • You are not prepared! - Each Pokémon currently on your team loses 5 levels from their level limit, unless it knows at least one Ghost-type move.
  • Return from the grave - Pick one Pokémon, who is boxed because of level limit. Put it on your team with a new level limit of 15.
Continuous rules:
  • Affinity with the enemy - All Ghost-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
  • Sleep paralysis - Each time a Pokémon is affected by a status condition, it loses 5 levels from its level limit.
  • Soaring Spirit - All Flying-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
  • Malevolent grass - All Grass-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
Aeternum
Pokémon Emerald
Badges: 6 / 8
One time rules:
  • Guardian angel - Pick one other player's Pokémon. It gains 10 more levels for their level limit. - ✔️
  • The ghosts are coming - For the next segment, you can only catch the first Pokémon you find in each new area, and you can't catch any Pokémon in areas you've already explored.
    Swapped from Eleanor!
Continuous rules:
  • Ranger Database - From now on, you may only catch one of each Pokémon species / evolution family.
  • Telepathy - All Psychic-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
  • Meddling with mystic forces - Any time you teach a Pokémon a new Psychic or Ghost-type move, it gains 2 levels for their level limit. Any time you teach a Pokémon a Dark-type move, it loses 3 levels.
    Sneaky tactics - All Dark-type Pokémon on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
Superjolt
Pokémon Black
Badges: 0 / 8
One time rules:
  • none yet!
Continuous rules:
  • none yet!
Yuna - Phye
Pokémon Y
Badges: 7 / 8
One time rules:
    After Badge #1
  • False messiah - Pick one other player's Pokémon. It loses 10 levels from their level limit. - ✔️
  • Skinny demons - You can only use Pokémon that weigh less than 60.0 kg (132.3 lbs.) for this segment.
    Badge #4 to #5
Continuous rules:
  • Forest's Curse - Grass, Poison and Flying-type Pokémon currently on your team lose 10 levels from the level limit. (Pokémon who have 2 of these types at the same time, such as Bulbasaur, still lose 10 levels).
  • Straight Jacket - Pokémon caught in Premier Balls get 5 more levels for their level limit. This rule can apply to a max of 5 Pokémon.
  • Soul Vessel - All Pokémon that evolve by stone or by holding a certain item while being traded gain 5 more levels for their limit. This also includes their evolved counterparts, but not their pre-evolutions (For example, Roselia and Roserade will gain levels, since Roselia evolves by Shiny Stone, but Budew will not).
  • Telepathy - All Psychic-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.
Hyzenthlay
Pokémon X
One time rules:
  • none yet!
Continuous rules:
  • Starter-lock hex - Your Starter can no longer be used.
Pok3pals
Pokémon Soul Silver
One time rules:
  • none yet!
Continuous rules:
  • Light's End - Fairy, Fire and Electric-type Pokémon on your team lose 10 levels from the level limit.
11wildy
Pokémon Crystal
Badges: 0 / 8
One time rules:
  • none yet!
Continuous rules:
  • none yet!

Last edited by a moderator:

pkmin3033

🔮 Name: Dawn
🔮 Trainer Class: Delinquent
🔮 Your favourite horror monster: Regenerator Bienfu
🔮 Game: White

EDIT: Ready to be a guinea pig for my first rule!
Spoiler:

Last edited:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
🔮 Name: Cubeth
🔮 Trainer Class: Guitarrist (BW)
🔮 Your favourite horror monster: Bienfu
🔮 Game: Pokémon Radical Red

Years
🔮 Name: Sheep
🔮 Trainer Class: Lady (BW)
🔮 Game: Gold

Doing the thing!!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
🔮 Name: Eleanor
🔮 Trainer Class: Ace Trainer, ♀ (BW2)
🔮 Game: Blaze Black 2

The spirit of WizardOfOdd is with me in this one!

Years
badge #1 obtained!!

156.gif

Quilava ♂️ Lv. 16
Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen, Ember​

Wanted to pick up another mon but forgot I had to beat Falkner first oops. will be sad to box my fire baby when he hits 25 (haven't used this one in a while) but it must be done

Years
🔮 Name: Kostucha
🔮 Trainer Class: Bug Catcher (Platinum)
🔮 Game: White 2

Last year's event was really fun, looking forward to completing this one :)

*EDIT*

Got the first badge, decided not to catch any Pokemon in case I got a rule that would force me to box them anyway.

Team:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Don't forget to say hi to our new mod - Eleanor!

🔮 Name: Janp
🔮 Trainer Class: Rancher
🔮 Game: Alpha Sapphire

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Eleanor • Blaze Black 2 • Badge #1

I've obtained my first badge as well, but only after assembling a way too big team and grinding a bit too much! It wasn't even that easy, my Pokémon really weren't doing much damage and despite having started rather well, stacking up Charge Beams with Flaaffy, Cheren was still able to almost turn it around. The other battles were still doable though, and I really didn't have that many problems - as it's supposed to be with this kind of hacks, I suppose.

My team right now is...
Spoiler:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years

Ruleset Update!

💀 Dawn / Badge 1:
Mystic water - All Water-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit.

💀 Janna / Badge 1:
Minimize Weak Points - All Normal-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit.

💀 Kostucha / Badge 1:
Shatter point - Rock, Bug and Ice-type Pokémon lose 10 levels from the level limit.
(Pokémon who have 2 of these types at the same time, such as Crustle, still lose 10 levels).

💀 Eleanor / Badge 1:
Telepathy - All Psychic-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit.

Last edited:
Years
🔮 Name: Wschmidth
🔮 Trainer Class: Pokemon Ranger
🔮 Game: Theta Emerald Renev

This seems like a lot of fun, especially the customized rules.

Last edited:
Years
Update #2 -Toxic Badge-

Huh I guess I won't be much of a bug catcher with that rule. I like a good challenge though so don't go easy on me ;)

Nothing really happens between gyms 1 and 2 in White 2 so all I did was catch a lv. 13 Magnemite and easily beat the gym with it. Early steel type is good to have.

Also hi Eleanor :)

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Gym 1 Defeated

I didn't know what this ROM hack would add to Roxanne's team, so I gave Yawn to my Marshtomp predicting a Lileep (I was right), despite my usual habit of just going ham with offensive moves.
I'll probably be more picky with what Pokemon I catch in the future now that I realise how quickly I'm going to level them past the level cap. I really didn't need anything but Marshtomp and Butterfree.

Team screenshots:
Spoiler:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Spoiler:

Ruleset Update!

💀 Kostucha / Badge 2:
Hexed Hands - Held items can no longer be used.

💀 Wschmidth / Badge 1:
Energy Leak - For the next segment, every time a Pokémon faints, it loses 5 levels from its level limit.
In this case this rule is in effect until you get Badge 2.

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Eleanor • Blaze Black 2 • Badge #2

Roxie was pretty difficult, and I was underleveled (as usual), but this time I was able to come up with a decent plan and not wing it, if that makes sense. I've caught a lot of new Pokémon too, including a rare Mime Jr. that has replaced Ralts - the reason being, it becomes fully evolved right at level 15 in this game!

My team right now is...
Spoiler:

Years
Update #3 -Insect Badge-

I typically don't use held items (mostly because I don't remember where most of them are) but in W2 you get a nice selection of items early on with stuff like Scope Lens or Eviolite and Lucky Egg later on that I always rotate on my team. I'm going to have to change my playstyle a bit this time :P

Similarily to previous segment, nothing much happens up to 3rd gym. I caught a lv.17 Grimer and swept the Bug Gym with Pignite and Magnemite. I'll have to expand my team very soon but I'm still going through the available choices.

Team:
Spoiler:

Years
Badge #2 Obtained!

Decided to pick up Spearow for my new rule, and it was very helpful. :D I don't use it often but when I do it's always a good addition. Good speed and attack this early in the game.

Getting through the cave was a lil tedious since my whole team doesn't do well against rock, but luckily they have poor sp. defense and ember takes care of them fast enough anyway lol.

156.gif

Quilava ♂️ Lv. 18 (obtained lv. 5 - max lv. 25)
Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen, Ember

180.gif

Flaaffy ♀ Lv. 17 (caught lv. 6 - max lv. 26)
Tackle, Growl, Thundershock

21.gif

Spearow ♀ Lv. 16 (caught lv. 3 - max lv. 28 (20+5 from rule))
Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack​

not looking forward to whitney ugh

Years

The Halloween Event in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

marshtomp.gif
shroomish.gif

PART 1

Let's go!

I had no idea who to pick as my starter, so I went with the Nuzlocke's ID rule and ended up with Mudkip. My favourite out of the trio, but I should probably also use different Water-type in Hoenn one day.

Anyway, I didn't want to solo this whole segment with just Mudkip, so I picked Shroomish as my other Pokémon for now, since it has been a very long time since I've used one. And because I had time, I decided to try DexNav, since that's also a feature I didn't use that much. After a while I got one star Shroomish with Seed Bomb, which was nice. I hoped for Draining Punch, but I was slowly getting level 15 Shroomish and my level 12 Mudkip couldn't beat them. But now that I think about it, level 15 would probably be better for this event.

As for a name themes, I decided to go with famous educators. Pestalozzi is my favourite educator, since he tried to make education better, but failed, so he moved elsewhere, tried to make education better, but failed. So he moved elsewhere... You get the picture. But for real, he's one of the best educational reformer.

Beating Roxanne was no problem. Shroomish cleared her Geodude and Mudkip beat her Nosepass, which led to his evolution.

Team

marshtomp.gif

Pestalozzi, Bold Male Marshtomp
lvl 16 (5), Torrent
- Water Gun
- Tackle
- Mud Shot
- Growl

shroomish.gif

Rousseau, Calm Male Shroomish
lvl 12 (5), Poison Heal
- Seed Bomb
- Tackle
- Stun Spore
- Leech Seed

Level in () means the met level

Years
Spoiler:
Ruleset Update!

💀 Eleanor / Badge 2:
Good Healthcare - Any Pokémon that knows a HP-draining move gains 5 levels in for their limit, but any Pokémon that knows a move with Recoil (or with a recharge turn, like Hyper Beam) loses 5 levels from their limit instead

💀 Kostucha / Badge 3:
Cursed bag - You may no longer use items, except TMs, outside of battle

💀 Sheep / Badge 2:
The Curse of Eternal Youth - When a Pokémon evolves, it loses 5 levels from its level limit

💀 Janp / Badge 1:
Honest - Pick one Pokémon on your team. It will no longer have any level limit, regardless of other rules, but it must be boxed permanently at the end of the current segment

Last edited by a moderator:
Back