• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Burning Souls - Halloween Event 2020

Years
  • Energy Leak - For the next segment, every time a Pokémon faints, it loses 5 levels from its level limit.
    In this case this rule is in effect until you get Badge 2.
    Aw man, I was just thinking how nice it was not having to worry about my Pokemon fainting. Now I needed to be careful.
    I really needed Vespiqueen for the 2nd gym, so I had to make sure it didn't faint twice or I wouldn't get it, preferably not faint at all.

Gym 2 Defeated

I had a few close calls with Queen getting real close to fainting, even got to 1HP at one point.
    The new rule made it more intense, but ultimately didn't change anything since no one fainted.
    Queen swept the 2nd gym no problems, but the lvl 20 Haryiama did scare me for a bit because I know it could've had a rock move. Hopefully I can keep Marshtomp for gym 3, but he'll be severely underlevelled.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Ruleset Update!

💀 Wschmidth / Badge 2:
    Variety of horrors - For the next segment, you may not catch any Pokémon who shares a type with one that is already in your team.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Halloween Event in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Burning Souls - Halloween Event 2020

PART 2

I had a hard time deciding which Pokémon I'll sacrifice because of Honest rule. I did not get the benefit of the rule, since none of my Pokémon were close to their level limit, but I still had to box one after beating Brawly. I decided to box Shroomish in the end, since Marshtomp is more reliable Pokémon against Wattson.

I also wanted to catch new Pokémon, but the interesting part of Granite Cave is locked behind Mach Bike. So I think I'll be returning here next update, since I really want Aron and Sableye. So I ended up catching only Zubat for now. But I plan on filling up my team next time, just to be sure I have something when bad rules start stacking up.

The battle with Brawly was pretty okay. I started with Shroomish, but he was still too weak to beat even Machop. So Marshtomp had to come in and shake the whole Gym down. So with that, I'm ready for new rule.

Team

Pestalozzi, Bold Male Marshtomp
    lvl 18 (5), Torrent
    - Water Gun
    - Tackle
    - Mud Shot
    - Growl

Montessori, Bold Female Zubat
    lvl 12 (11), Inner Focus
    - Bite
    - Supersonic
    - Astonish
    - Leech Life

Level in () means the met level

Box

Boxed because of Honest

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor • Blaze Black 2 • Badge #3

I'm still underleveled but somehow making it through... not for long though. Most of my team members are about to hit the cap, but luckily I've chosen them so that they would conveniently evolve a few levels sooner, and thanks to them I was able to beat Burgh! Sure, I almost got swept by DOUBLE TEAM of all things, but I still managed, which is all that matters! I've caught many new Pokémon as well, shot a fantastic movie, beat up Team Plasma, and spent all my money on useless things (apparently)... all while I'm bracing for the crazy segment to come! It's the last one with this level limit, I have to make it count.

My team right now is...
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Badge #3 get!!

oof that new rule will be tough, but luckily Spearow can still make it to level 23 evolved because of the normal types gaining +5 levels rule I rolled earlier. managed to evolve her, and she was very helpful all the way!

Quilava ♂️ Lv. 22 (obtained lv. 5 - max lv. 25)
    Quick Attack, Cut, Smokescreen, Ember

Flaaffy ♀ Lv. 20 (caught lv. 6 - max lv. 26)
    Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave

Fearow ♀ Lv. 20 (caught lv. 3 - max lv. 23)
    Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack​

took down Whitney with barely any HP left on my last mon (Quilava), since she kept using Milk Drink ;_; but we managed to pull through with some paralysis luck! Now I'll have to start deciding on my team for the next few gyms...

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i don't know that i will finish just bc i'm doing other projects + work but hopefully picking ruby will make that happen lol. also for what it's worth, i do all my playthroughs without using items in battle, so just something to keep in mind in case i get a rule that will contradict it. it's just a personal preference.

🔮 Name: sydian
    🔮 Trainer Class: guitarist
    🔮 Your favourite horror monster: bienfu('s awful voice wtf is that)
    🔮 Game: ruby

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update #4 -Bolt Badge-

Seeing as it's the last segment with the +20 level limit I caught as many pokemon that have any use in upcoming gyms as I could. So I got a lv. 26 Liepard, lv. 26 Trubbish, lv. 25 Solosis, lv. 22 Emolga, lv. 21 Yamask, a trio of elemental monkeys at lv. 22, lv. 24 Minccino, lv. 21 Sandile and level 20 Sandshrew all juuuuuust in case I get some rules that force me to completely change my team around :P

Other than that I trained my team a bit, beat Elesa's Gym and got the badge.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Update #5 -Quake Badge-

Welp haha, I guess I asked for it.

With the new rule I boxed my team and withdrew another set of 6. I also caught a lv. 28 Marill to help with the upcoming Gym. I trained my team a tiny bit just enough to defeat Clay since I'll have to trash my entire team soon after Skyla anyway.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Burning Souls - Halloween Event 2020

guitarist al | ruby | badges: 1

🔮20 level limit, 10 level limit after 4 badges
    🔮no items in battle except held (personal rule)

Not Okay lv. 13 (max: 25)
    torrent | impish
    tackle / growl / mud-slap / water gun

DESTROYA lv. 14 (max: 26) @ quick claw
    effect spore | hardy
    absorb / tackle / stun spore / leech seed

Na Na Na lv. 10 (max: 26)
    pickup | hasty
    tackle / growl / tail whip / headbutt

Emily lv. 9 (max: 25)
    shed skin | quirky
    tackle / string shot / poison sting / harden

purposely started with mudkip for the first gym so that i wouldn't have to evolve it like i would with torchic and it has more bulk than treecko. shroomish mostly for back up, but i mean, it's a good pokemon, even if i won't be able to keep it long. like i think i lose it right when it evolves. and as i type, i realize going over my plans aren't a great idea bc it can and will be used against me, won't it? ha. anyway, i'll be awaiting my next rule before pressing on.

bonus: team photo
    Spoiler:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Ruleset Update!

💀 Kostucha / Badge 5:
    Ghostly adventures - All Ghost-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 10 more levels for their level limit, but all other Pokémon currently on your team lose 10 levels from their level limit.
    One time rule, use it now!

💀 Sydian / Badge 1:
    Affinity with the enemy - All Ghost-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.

Years
  • I'll use my guardian angel rule on Kostucha in that case, to keep their Emolga's level limit at 42 👍 Hopefully it helps against Skyla! (and will be uploading my next update today!)

Years
  • Update #6 -Jet Badge-

Aw, Thank You Sheep! :D Emolga was indeed very useful against Skyla. I always wanted use an Emolga and while I'll have to box it soon, I enjoyed using it. I also got a lv. 30 Drilbur to have an easier time at PWT and help with the gym.

I can't catch anything now that will last me up to Drayden so I just focused on beating the gym.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Burning Souls - Halloween Event 2020

guitarist al | ruby | badges: 2

🔮20 level limit, 10 level limit after 4 badges
    🔮current ghosts gain 5 in level limit
    🔮no items in battle except held (personal rule)

Not Okay lv. 15 (max: 25) @ oran berry
    torrent | impish
    tackle / growl / mud-slap / water gun

DESTROYA lv. 15 (max: 26) @ miracle seed
    effect spore | hardy
    absorb / tackle / stun spore / leech seed

Emily lv. 15 (max: 25) @ quick claw
    shield dust | quirky
    gust / confusion / poison sting / harden

JetsetLife lv. 14 (max: 28) @ silk scarf
    guts | gentle
    wing attack / growl / quick attack / focus energy

i had been gearing up that cascoon to sweep through brawly so there's that. i spent some time grinding her up and taillow. i caught a couple more pokemon in granite cave too, so i'll start listing boxed pokemon. i meant to do that earlier, bc i caught taillow before the first gym, but i spent a long enough time making the update so lol. but anyway, that ghost rule...too bad this isn't sapphire bc then i could have gotten sableye. unless that only meant ghost pokemon i had at the time of the rule being added? does that apply to only at that moment, or future ghost types that i obtain? hm... time to wait on a new rule.

box:

bonus: team photo
    Spoiler:

Years
  • badge #4 get!

wheww. ran ahead to Morty with minimal battling because I really wanted to take that win before losing my helpful team members. was a struggle because of poor luck with being on the receiving end of hypnosis + dream eater. but with flaaffy's super useful thunder wave and the addition of our newest rocky team member, we did it!! I foresee this getting a lot tougher now that I'm on badge 4 though lol. ahhhh

Quilava ♂️ Lv. 23 (obtained lv. 5 - max lv. 25)
    Quick Attack, Cut, Smokescreen, Ember

Flaaffy ♀ Lv. 23 (caught lv. 6 - max lv. 26)
    Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave

Fearow ♀ Lv. 21 (caught lv. 3 - max lv. 23)
    Peck, Growl, Leer, Fury Attack

Sudowoodo ♂️ Lv. 21 (caught lv. 20 - max lv. 40)
    Rock Throw, Mimic, Flail, Low Kick​

it's a slight bit early, but thank you for your service, my sweet mons. <3 may you enjoy your retirement in the pc soon!

Years
  • Spoiler:

Ruleset Update!

💀 Kostucha / Badge 6:
    Black and White - Pokémon listed as Black and/or White in Pokédex gain 5 more levels for their level limit.

💀 Sydian / Badge 2:
    Odd team - All Pokémon in your odd team slots gain 5 more levels for their level limit and all Pokémon in your even team slots lose 5 levels from their level limit.
    (Re: previous rule - It applies for the rest of your run, so each Ghost-type on your team gain +5 to their level limit)

💀 Sheep / Badge 4:
    The ghosts are coming - For the next segment, you can only catch the first Pokémon you find in each new area, and you can't catch any Pokémon in areas you've already explored.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • 💀 Sydian / Badge 2:
    Odd team - All Pokémon in your odd team slots gain 5 more levels for their level limit and all Pokémon in your even team slots lose 5 levels from their level limit.
    (Re: previous rule - It applies for the rest of your run, so each Ghost-type on your team gain +5 to their level limit)

quick question about the new rule - does this mean my party as it currently is (like in my screenshot) or am i allowed to rearrange and then apply the rule? and if it does apply to how my current party is, what happens if i swap out party members? i was about to change some mons around so i'm trying to figure out how i apply this lol.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Eleanor • Blaze Black 2 • Badge #4

Due to how the challenge is set up, this is a VERY important segment: and this is why I decided to take it slow and make sure I was ready. I tried to catch as many Pokémon as I could in Lostlorn forest and the neighboring routes, and even though many still escaped me (looking at you, Rest Tauros with 5% chance of even appearing), I was able to get many nice Pokémon like Blitzle, Gothita, Scyther, and Roselia... all things that would come in useful against Clay as well, hopefully. They really won't last me that long in hindsight, as even with most bonuses most of these Pokémon will usually cap out at about level 50 - way lower than the Elite 4 levels in this hack - but they're still going to be helpful for the next segments, I hope. They've also been great replacements to the Pokémon I had last time, like Swellow and Houndoom, who were very close to the level cap.

That alone wasn't enough to even continue with the game though. I had to really use to the best of my ability all the items and money that I had found up to this point to beat Elesa, and after a couple tries, I was able to get my fourth badge! Gabite came in especially useful thanks to Dragon Rage, which brought down her Cotton Guard Ampharos, while Roselia with Eviolite took down Lanturn despite its Ice Beam shenanigans.
    I'm quite happy with how the challenge has gone up until now - I really can't complain - and I probably can still do better than this as far as team composition goes, but... I can't help but feel very anxious for what is coming up next.

My team right now is...
    Spoiler:

Also...
    quick question about the new rule - does this mean my party as it currently is (like in my screenshot) or am i allowed to rearrange and then apply the rule? and if it does apply to how my current party is, what happens if i swap out party members? i was about to change some mons around so i'm trying to figure out how i apply this lol.

No, sorry! The rule applies to the party as it is when you fought the gym - so that it's a bit more random in nature :)

Last edited:
    Back