• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Bursting With Excitement!

What are you most excited for?

• Updated Graphics

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Journeying through Kanto

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • Having your Pokémon follow you

Votes: 27 19.1%
  • Reliving the Johto experience

Votes: 87 61.7%
  • The Pokéwalker

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • The Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • The Events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 3.5%

• Total voters

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    I m excited to see if any new regions other than kanto and johto have been included, and with gold being my favorite game, i m sure to like this one, the things already revealed about the games are to die-ish, wats left for the rest? :P

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Geesh, everything everyone has said just makes me want to run around in circles screaming " WHY CAN'T THEY BE OUT ALREADY????"

Now that i see what other people said I wish i could add some things to the poll :( I can't believe I didn't add an All of the above because thats what I would've chosen...

Years
    i couldn't choose between basically all of the options, so i went with having my pokemon follow me,
    i've been waiting for this since pokemon yellow -_____-

Kumata

Webcomic artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    Reliving the Johto experience! G/S/C were my favourite games and Johto was my favourite region. I can't wait to do it all again!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually, everything. I'm pretty excited for reliving an adventure in Johto. It was indeed one of the best regions and introduced a lot of new features 10 years ago as it is doing so again. Not to mention the grea tnew graphics just gives Johto a pleasent finishing touch overall. With the new detailed and designed buildings it is like traveling to Johto since 10 years ago, reliving the adventure but in all new terms.

Having any Pokémon able to follow us is like returning to Yellow, except it is in both Johto and hopefully Kanto as well. Not to mention we can choose whichever Pokémon we want which can range from favorites to just basic laughs, such as seeing a large Wailord behind us [which would be really cool].

All the events, the PokéWalker, all the old and new legendaries tied in with the game is basically an added bonus on top of it all. It is a really exciting experience to enjoy when this game comes out and when we actually do get to play it will be even better. So, in all, all the new features we've seen now and the more to come before the game is finally exposed for Japan is what I'm pretty excited at right now.

Silvergale

..... >:(
    Years
    I'm excited for everything! Seeing as how when I was a kid when Gold and Silver came out and was completely uninterested in anything Pokemon, I never took the chance to play the original Gold and Silver, so this is my chance to finally understand the Jhoto Region!

Some of my favorite Pokemon are in the Jhoto region, so I'm excited for that too. :3

So wait, there's going to be Pokemon that follow you? OTHER than Pikachu? I'm completely about to burst with excitement now! >.<

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I am excited for everything, the whole remake and everything in it! But out of these just reliving the whole Johto experience has me very excited and I cannot wait.

TigerSwift

New Breeder
    Years
    I can't wait for the whole game.

I loved Gold first time round and can't wait to start playing it once i have beaten the E4 in platinum, so i can get my pokemon from gold onto it! I actually remember enjoying Gold more than Pearl and Platinum... I just hope the remake keeps this!

Ultraviolence

alt account for Eros
    Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 3, 2019
    Geuss I am lucky, I still have Gold and Crystal in tact. But I'd love to relive the Johto region.

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    johto honestly was the last good generation of pokemon, and i am gonna love replaying it with new graphics and all that it has to offer

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
    Well, I've been waiting for the whole game for many years, but what I'm really hoping for the most, is the Final Battle with Red. Also, it would be so awesome if after 10 or more battles with Red, his Team would be all Lv. 100, and all. I would so be traumatized. xD

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Try not to double post, Samme \o/

I am also really excited to see if there is going to be a better and more in-depth plot this time around. I think that with all of the added legendaries Team Rocket should go after them too.

Now that the HG and SS website was put online I am even MORE excited because of all of the new and clearer pictures they put up!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Also, it would be so awesome if after 10 or more battles with Red, his Team would be all Lv. 100, and all. I would so be traumatized. xD
    This would be so awesome, and needs to happen.

Why is there not an 'Everything' option? It's hard for me to decide why I'm excited for this game, especially since it was never part of my childhood. I guess I'm just in with all the hype regardless. xD

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Ok everyone I'm really sorry that I didn't add an "Everything" or an "All of the Above" option in the poll:( I would have I just didn't think about it at the time I was making it and I can't go back and change it now..

Sorry!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I just wanted to mention that I voted for 'other' seeing as there wasn't an 'everything' option either. However, with the latest information brought it, I'm pretty excited for all the latest features. Which this even extends to the new female having a supporting role, unlike in the original GSC is something pretty exciting. Not to forget, she/he [one that plays the side role] also has the ability to have their Pokémon follow them as well, which I think is pretty exciting, because it is different.

So, when it comes to reliving Johto, it is at the top. However, reliving Johto with all the new twists, turns, and areas is something to burst out for excitement for. I must admit, I've been enjoying everything I've seen before. I'm just waiting to probably hear the reveal of another Battle Frontier [maybe, not sure] in the game and then excitement will be busted once more. Over all, pretty exciting stuff and definitely catches my interest entirely.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I just want to go through Jhoto again. i can't believe I got rid of my GBC and GBA, I probably had 700 hours on Silver! But I'm super pumped for all the stuff they're adding on, especially the new areas and what-not.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Hey, did anyone here hear the news?! THEY'VE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED KANTO IS IN HG/SS!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
    Bursting With Excitement!

Back