• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

But that doesn't look right...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Like many other people here, I also thought that Azurill was a Water-Type. However, I found out it wasn't, then Thunderbolt wasn't being Super Effective against it. XD;

In the past, I thought Forestress was just a Bug Pokemon. At least until I got to Koga and Fire wasn't as Super Effective. :( Stupid Bug/Rock thing.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • Azurill comes to mind. As does Gligar, which I initially thought was Flying/Poison. And Girafarig always catches me out. XD;

UU-User

Highschools beware.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2009
    Girafarig ALWAYS bugged me. And Azurrill. I mean, its BLUE.
    And Rhyhorn looks like its made of STEEL IMO. When i first saw Porygon, i thought it was Psychic.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Porygon and Rhyhorn being psychic and steel respectively? That's...interesting...never heard that. Normal types are never really a certain color, except maybe brown and pink being the most common colors. Masquerain's another big deal. I always want to think it's still a Bug/Water type, but then I remember it has wings and that it's the super common Bug/Flying. Bug/Water is such an interesting combination, and unfortunately, it's only for Surskit who isn't the greatest represenative for it.

Years
  • azurill was a huge mistake i mean its a normal type but evolves into a water type
    and strangest of all its gender ratio is female:75% male:25%
    so 1 in 3 female azurill evolve into a male marill ( i seriously hope that is a programming error in the games)

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    -I can't see how Beedril is also poison type.... I thought it was Bug/Flying.
    -And how is Paras/Parasect Bug/GRASS? I understand bug fully but Grass? I could see rock maybe...
    -I thought that Seadra was Water/Dragon not just water.
    -Gyarados should be Water/Dragon
    -Noctowl should be Flying/Psychic because it learns so many PSY moves
    -Girafarig seems like it should be Psychic/Dark
    -I think Granbull should be Normal/Fighting
    -Octillery should also be Poison type as it is an Octopus
    -Donphan looks like it should be Ground/Steel
    -AZURILL!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!! why the heck is it norrmmmallll????

And Cacturne is Grass/Dark not poison

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
  • Mawile is steel because its teeth are made of steel or some sort of metal... And Girafarig is Normal/Psychic cuz its tail is the thing with the psychic powers .. its front half might as well just be normal type... Azuril is just messed up...

KingAlex

._.
    Years
  • -I can't see how Beedril is also poison type.... I thought it was Bug/Flying.
    -And how is Paras/Parasect Bug/GRASS? I understand bug fully but Grass? I could see rock maybe...
    -I thought that Seadra was Water/Dragon not just water.
    -Gyarados should be Water/Dragon
    -Noctowl should be Flying/Psychic because it learns so many PSY moves
    -Girafarig seems like it should be Psychic/Dark
    -I think Granbull should be Normal/Fighting
    -Octillery should also be Poison type as it is an Octopus
    -Donphan looks like it should be Ground/Steel
    -AZURILL!!!!!! GRRRRR!!!! why the heck is it norrmmmallll????

And Cacturne is Grass/Dark not poison

Paras/Parasect is part grass....? o.O Has the bug community gone mad!? :shocked:

I agree on Seadra, Gyarados, Beedrill, Noctowl, and Azurill. Azurill is just a reject they decided to include. ._.

No comment on the others.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Giratina never looked like a ghost to me. -shrug- Origin form looks a bit more ghostly, but the altered form never struck me as being a ghost type.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Meh, this thread is fantastic.
    I've yet to see any other thread where the subject is the most misunderstood ever.. :D

Well, Nidoqueen and -king doesn't make very much sense with their new found Ground typing. Fighting, maybe, because they are more muscular, but...

Back