• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Buyer Beware of Biting!

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
  • Would you ever perchase a pokemon?

Say one of those Magikarp salesman walks up to you and offers 500 yen for a magikarp, or, a slowpoke salesman offers you a slowpoke tail for 1,000,000 yen.

Would you perchase a pokemon, or give them a good slap across the face (or whatever the effect you might say "selling pokemon is bad")?

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
  • Yes, if it's not obtainable in any other way, I would purchase a Pokemon.

Of course, I wouldn't purchase a Slowpoke's tail. :<

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I kinda agree with the people above. XD;

I mean, if it was irl and no other Pokémon existed, then hell yes I would pay a large sum of money to get a Magikarp. Buuuuut if they were all over the place? Well, I guess it's kind of a weird situation. Think about it: we totally sell dogs and cats and all kinds of pets already. What exactly makes selling Pokémon different? I don't think I'd buy a SlowpokeTail (are they saying you're supposed to eat those??? plus it's totally promoting abusing Pokémon for profit which is bad!!) but I don't see what would be so wrong with selling Magikarp, aside from the fact that they're everywhere and you're probably ripping off any potential buyers. :(

(>-.-)>

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Why not? because in my ficiton of pokemon world, Pokemon isn't something that a 10-years can catch and be instantly obey your bidding. It needs to be tamed, and it is hard to catch. If they offer it for the right price, I might buy it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2020
    This sounds like an IRL question, and if it is than duh. I'd buy that magikarp and whip it up into gyrados in no time.

If you mean in-game, it of course depends on the price and availability of the pokemon

Years

• I mean, if it was irl and no other Pokémon existed, then hell yes I would pay a large sum of money to get a Magikarp. Buuuuut if they were all over the place? Well, I guess it's kind of a weird situation. Think about it: we totally sell dogs and cats and all kinds of pets already. What exactly makes selling Pokémon different?
    This kinda sums up my opinion as well. Selling animals is not slave labor, as long as the new owner treats the pet/pokemon right.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • a Magikarp? sure why not? but what am I going to do when it evolves into Gyarados? What if that Magikarp were as big as the one that was showned in the Orange Islands? But a nice Shuppet would be nice....it depends on the Pokemon

:t354:TG

Back