• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

buyer beware...?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    When you're buying something, sometimes you will either get undercharged or be given too much change. If this happens, do you tend to tell the seller that you have more money than you should, or do you stay quiet and leave with your purchase and a bit of extra money to go with it?

Alinthea

I have nothing to say
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2015
    I see someone decided to make a topic from the Daily Chit Chat thread. :3

Like I said in there, it depends on if it is a large chain store, or a independent store. If it is a large store, I will normally not bother, but the latter, I will make it known to them and tell them, that is if they have under charged me. Overcharged is another matter, I will tell any store they have over charged me.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah I'll tell them if they overcharge me without fail. I tend to tell them if they undercharge me too, just because I get nervous. I mean, what if they undercharged me because they forgot I also got something they need to plug into the register instead of scan? Then I'm just stealing that thing. Although it's probably just annoying for the cashier honestly, lol.

Although it depends on when I notice; I've been shopping with my family and not remembered we put something under the cart until we got out to the car. At that point I'm not going to walk all the way back in and be like "yeah I took this out without paying for it, please take it back". Once I leave the store I'm not going to go back, even for overcharging if it's less than 10 bucks.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Yeah, every time that's happened, I've always returned the money.

One time, at a subway, they actually gave me more money than I gave them to begin with, lol. Not sure how that happened, but I gave it back, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Regardless of the type of store, I hate lying just to save a few extra bucks (greedy much?), but I wouldn't want to be overcharged either, especially if the price tag says it's less than what they're charging me. The only exception I would make to being overcharged is if they're asking for the extra money so they can donate it to an actual charity of some sort. Though, unless I know for certain that the money IS going to charity, I still wouldn't want to be overcharged.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    If someone gives me extra change, I keep my mouth shut because I am not the type of person that gets a lot of money so any extra change would do fine. If I did have a lot of money then I would tell them

:t354:TG

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Uhhh I honestly wouldn't notice, probably. I just wanna get in and get out when I'm out buying something. I probably wouldn't notice unless it was an obvious difference. But ugh, the extra math I would have to do. @_@ WELL IF I NOTICE I'll say something. I guess. Maybe. It's almost 5 AM, why am I thinking about shopping and doing math ugh lol

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Uh... I don't really look at receipts right away when I buy something. I always think it's correct. Maybe I should start now...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I leave, and if it's a little bit more, I leave. I'm not up for telling the person either way if it was a few cents. It's a waste of my time. /notthatIdoanythingimportantwithmytime.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Whenever I've been undercharged or given to much change I will always return the cash or tell them they didn't charge me enough. This is if I notice mind, and if I notice and I've already left I'm not going to go return it because it's their fault for undercharging/giving too much change.

If I'm overcharged or short changed then they're going to know because I'm not paying more than what it says on the price tag.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Uhhh I honestly wouldn't notice, probably. I just wanna get in and get out when I'm out buying something. I probably wouldn't notice unless it was an obvious difference. But ugh, the extra math I would have to do. @_@ WELL IF I NOTICE I'll say something. I guess. Maybe. It's almost 5 AM, why am I thinking about shopping and doing math ugh lol
    Yup. I just put the money in my pocket and go. I jhave too much faith in the arithmetical skills of checkout operators to check their work, to be honest.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years

Yup. I just put the money in my pocket and go. I jhave too much faith in the arithmetical skills of checkout operators to check their work, to be honest.

Me too. XD; Unless it's a pretty ridiculous amount or I'm splitting the bill with someone and we're figuring out who got what and notice extras on it or the item is supposed to be on sale and it's the whole reason I'm there, I wouldn't notice. If I do notice, it'd probably be when I'm already out of the store and checking my receipt.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I wouldn't notice if something was overcharged for the price. I don't pay attention to what they clerk is ringing up when I'm waiting for them to finish. I'm often not even aware of what I'm doing since I'm daydreaming most of the time and find that they may have to call me two or three times before I become aware of my surroundings again. Other times I'm usually looking around the front of the store at the candy they have waiting there. I'd just pay them and take my leave. I wouldn't experience getting extra change because I pay for everything using my debit card.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I doubt I'd notice, but if I did it wouldn't matter whether it was a large chain store or a small independent. Regardless, the cashier would get into trouble, and whether he/she works at a large chain store or a small independent he/she's still just a person doing their job.

If they undercharged me I probably wouldn't say anything because it would most likely go unnoticed, but if they gave me too much change I would say something immediately, because that would cause a discrepancy in the tills that they'd get in trouble for. And having given people too much change before at my job, I'm incredibly grateful when people speak up and give it back.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'll probably notice if they've over charged me, but I usually just stick the money in my pocket straight away anyway. Unless it's like some weird looking teenager at the checkout. xD

Years
    My option is that if they make the mistake of underchanging you then it's on them it's not your responsibility to give them extra money for a mistake they made.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    If they don't give me back enough change then I'd point that out... But not if I'm undercharged. I don't have enough money to go around doing that, not with everything being so overpriced these days.

Back