• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bye Bye Pokemon!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • To be honest, releasing Pokemon has become kinda routine for me, and I'm often doing it without realising it. If you're a competitive player or a shiny hunter, then you'll have to be prepared to do that a lot with the rejects that you deem aren't "perfect" or won't be your worth raising. However, I've been taking to Wonder Trade as an alternative to releasing Pokemon, especially with the more worthwhile ones (such as hidden abilities) and it feels less like you're just tossing something away, but rather giving it to someone else to raise for you.

But does this mean I'm turning into Lusamine...?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I do a lot of releasing while I'm breeding. There literally isn't enough room in the PC to keep all my Pokémon as it is(and I don't have easy access to Bank, sadly), so releasing is usually the only option.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • To be honest, releasing Pokemon has become kinda routine for me, and I'm often doing it without realising it. If you're a competitive player or a shiny hunter, then you'll have to be prepared to do that a lot with the rejects that you deem aren't "perfect" or won't be your worth raising. However, I've been taking to Wonder Trade as an alternative to releasing Pokemon, especially with the more worthwhile ones (such as hidden abilities) and it feels less like you're just tossing something away, but rather giving it to someone else to raise for you.

But does this mean I'm turning into Lusamine...?
    I do a lot of releasing while I'm breeding. There literally isn't enough room in the PC to keep all my Pokémon as it is(and I don't have easy access to Bank, sadly), so releasing is usually the only option.
    Ya, if you're raising a Pokemon for competitive battling or breeding/hunting for shinies, you do not have much choice, but to release Pokemon that aren't to your liking or which don't really fit in. It can get a bit annoying though, when you need to let go of a lot of Pokemon, just to get that perfect one.

Pika Pika :chu:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Ya, if you're raising a Pokemon for competitive battling or breeding/hunting for shinies, you do not have much choice, but to release Pokemon that aren't to your liking or which don't really fit in. It can get a bit annoying though, when you need to let go of a lot of Pokemon, just to get that perfect one.

Pika Pika :chu:

Well, in Pokemon GO you can mass-release Pokemon, and I'm somewhat surprised you can't do that in the main games, especially considering you can move up to an entire box of Pokemon. It would really be a LOT easier and less time-consuming if they decide to allow mass-releasing of Pokemon, and it also makes breeding a lot less painful and time-consuming, despite the fact it does require repeatedly returning back to the PC.

Years
  • As they've said, I used to do it a lot while breeding, but Wonder Trade at least gave me another option.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2019
    I do a lot of releasing while I'm breeding. There literally isn't enough room in the PC to keep all my Pokémon as it is(and I don't have easy access to Bank, sadly), so releasing is usually the only option.

same, even with my having the pokebank
    i don't see the point in storing 5 boxes of eevees in the bank that i will literally never ever use
    it used to make me sad to release pokemon

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I've told this story before, but I accidentally released my starter in Pokemon Gold when I was playing it for the first time. Had to catch a Wooper and go through the rest of the game with him in place of my Totodile.

Never released a Pokemon on purpose though.

Lucario

Hardly active since 2017!
    Years
  • I remember releasing my charizard in firered once because I was a stupid kid and thought then I could get it to walk behind my player like pikachu did in yellow. I have no idea where I got that idea from.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I only release Pok?mon when I have more of one species and won't ever train or otherwise use that specific one. I don't release Pok?mon I've had in my team, even for a short part of the journey.

Back