• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    Arcanine, you didn't even take my advice did you?
    Alex_ is right, you're a bad player. If you moan at me, and ask me how to have fun, and when I tell you, you don't even try. You must be bad.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I've prestiged once, and I was really considering doing so again at least once more, but I don't know I just felt like getting all the pro perks...
    I'll probably prestige a few more times until I get a cooler emblem, not a fan of the first few.
    xD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Arcanine, you didn't even take my advice did you?
    Alex_ is right, you're a bad player. If you moan at me, and ask me how to have fun, and when I tell you, you don't even try. You must be bad.
    o.o;

I've prestiged once, and I was really considering doing so again at least once more, but I don't know I just felt like getting all the pro perks...
    I'll probably prestige a few more times until I get a cooler emblem, not a fan of the first few.
    xD
    If I didn't want to go all the way then I'd stop on the 5th or 11th. Them are my fav icons.

The Prestige 6 Emblem looks awesome. The one with the crossed green arms.
    That is by far my least fav emblem. XD

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Had a good time playing some wager matches with you guys earlier. Sadly I think I ended up with less money than I had when I started haha... Alex was kicking ass lol

Years
    Had a good time playing some wager matches with you guys earlier. Sadly I think I ended up with less money than I had when I started haha... Alex was kicking ass lol
    He was. Every Gun Game and Sharpshooter he had insane scores. Had a great time.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
    I've got it on the Wii...for what it's worth, Second Chance serves a fair purpose when you're trying to use only pistols. I don't like how dual wield can't be used in Second Chance, but yeah, it's really annoying. I've only ever used it when I'm trying to get higher killstreaks, the team members I generally get are jerks who won't revive me, but I find a few.

As per the times I've played x-box, I've been forced into Intense Sensitivity. My friend says that's the best, as when you're a sniper you can turn around while pulling out a weapon using Scout Pro and kill the guy before he kills you. He's obsessed with sniper rifles (which I can't use 'cause I suck :() and fully automatic pistols. AK-74u is probably the best SMG, especially with grip and red dot sight.

Just curious, I'm looking to make a new class that I could use to get higher killstreaks, I never seem to be able to get past 5. Any suggestions? Everyone keeps talling me FAMAS, but I can't really find much use on it. Its power is just too low in my mind, and I just haven't got much taste for it, since all the noobs keep using it.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    He's obsessed with sniper rifles (which I can't use 'cause I suck :() and fully automatic pistols. AK-74u is probably the best SMG, especially with grip and red dot sight. Everyone keeps talling me FAMAS, but I can't really find much use on it. Its power is just too low in my mind, and I just haven't got much taste for it, since all the noobs keep using it.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First of all treyarch puts you in a terribly awkward position where you can only use smg's or assault rifles. Second treyarch puts 2 obviously overpowered guns in the game 74u and famas. Imo famas isnt as nooby as a 74u but still very overpowered. If this is your first fps I recommend you playing cod4 preferably for xbox360 or ps3, because that was when you could actually pick a gun besides an smg or assault rifle and still go positive. In all honesty black ops is possibly the worst cod in all of the series to this day. And if you dont hate it right now, you will. But if you want to play the game and be somewhat unique with your gun type its going to cost you your kdr. Try shotgun's/lmg's for max specialness in the game :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

First of all treyarch puts you in a terribly awkward position where you can only use smg's or assault rifles. Second treyarch puts 2 obviously overpowered guns in the game 74u and famas. Imo famas isnt as nooby as a 74u but still very overpowered. If this is your first fps I recommend you playing cod4 preferably for xbox360 or ps3, because that was when you could actually pick a gun besides an smg or assault rifle and still go positive. In all honesty black ops is possibly the worst cod in all of the series to this day. And if you dont hate it right now, you will. But if you want to play the game and be somewhat unique with your gun type its going to cost you your kdr. Try shotgun's/lmg's for max specialness in the game :)

That might just be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. It's hardly the gun's fault if you can't go positive with anything other than the FAMAS or 74u.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I dont have a problem using all of the gun classes, you just have to have a sense of which maps are best for which gun glass (like it has always been). It is apparent that @Chibi Robo does not.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    That might just be one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read. It's hardly the gun's fault if you can't go positive with anything other than the FAMAS or 74u.
    Agreed. I'm not even going to bother with this one.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I used to beast with the Galil. K/D was over 2.00 with it for a good while, then it slowly dropped down to around 1.5 for no understandable reason. In the meantime though, my W/L is well over 1.10. I'm happy about that more than anything else.

I play pretty much Domination only, with a bit of S&D. Other than that + a few games of FFA/TDM, I don't play with the other game modes. I like One in the Chamber but I don't really need money anymore so I don't bother. I'm also on 4th prestige with pretty much every emblem/background that I can get.

Also, I dislike the FAMAS. I don't understand why people like it so much, honestly. I think the Galil is much, much better. I'd even say it's the best gun in the whole game. Or at least the best assault rifle.

and clearly rpgs are the best weapons ever

Edit: Also, whoever uses RC-XDs should go kill themselves (not really, but something bad). Not only do they seem to have a heat-seeking system in which I am always the target, they are completely and utterly outclassed by...the Spy Plane. Seriously, you'd rather get 1 or 2 kills than help the entire team out for a good minute? Plus, you could probably get at least one more Spy Plane just by having one up. It's a killstreak that keeps on giving and giving. I seriously think the RC-XD is the stupidest thing to ever cross a CoD game. Oh, and Valkyrie Rockets are pretty stupid as well. Impossible to control in tight spaces and also pretty helpless compared to the Blackbird, which I believe only requires 1 more kill.

That said, I have Spy Plane/Blackbird/Attack Dogs as my killstreaks. Sucks that dogs require 4 more kills than they did from World at War, but that's okay. STILL WORTH IT

Edit 2: Oh, Second Chance. I don't even know what to say. Just take it out, and I'm sure everyone would be happy (except the people that use it, but obviously no one cares about them). Noob tubing seems to be less of an issue than it was in MW2, at least. And Ghost. Oh my God, if there's one thing I hate more than Second Chance, it's Ghost. Seriously. I don't know why more people aren't complaining about it. When there are 6 people on the enemy team but the Spy Plane only shows 3 or 4, you get a little paranoid about everything and it drives you insane. I. Hate. Ghost.

And I play on 5 sensitivity. Any higher and I have trouble longshotting opponents. Any lower is a little slow.

yeah i think that covers everything

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017

Edit: Also, whoever uses RC-XDs should go kill themselves (not really, but something bad). Not only do they seem to have a heat-seeking system in which I am always the target, they are completely and utterly outclassed by...the Spy Plane. Seriously, you'd rather get 1 or 2 kills than help the entire team out for a good minute? Plus, you could probably get at least one more Spy Plane just by having one up. It's a killstreak that keeps on giving and giving. I seriously think the RC-XD is the stupidest thing to ever cross a CoD game.

The way I see it is, I can get anywhere from one to five kills from a single UAV, whereas with an RC car I will usually just get one kill most of the time. I just see the RC car as a selfish way for bad players to get kills. Not to mention it's extremely annoying to get killed by, and it's way too fast and hard to shoot.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Seriously,I go Positive with AK47/L8961?(the sniper rifle)/M60orStoner almost everymatch,and I'm a Ground War player.Its not very hard though i'm not used to the Villa map because it rarely shows up.Of course I'm probably one of the people you'd hate cause I run Ghost Pro/ Hardened or Warlord Pro/ and Ninja Pro and only because I hate killstreak deaths, especially by Attack dogs O_O

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Your taking things out of context.
    You clearly dont understand me Im saying that treyarch has clearly put 2 overpowered guns in the game the 74u and the famas into the game, supposedly they patch the 74u but thats unlikely since it takes about only 2 bullets. Im simply stating that the gun balancing in BO is clearly out of balance. And thats quite rude making assumptions like that when you dont know how I do in games. And flame me all you want I have a challenge if you go back to play cod4 and then play BO let me ask you, which one is more fun?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    You clearly dont understand me Im saying that treyarch has clearly put 2 overpowered guns in the game the 74u and the famas into the game, supposedly they patch the 74u but thats unlikely since it takes about only 2 bullets. Im simply stating that the gun balancing in BO is clearly out of balance. And thats quite rude making assumptions like that when you dont know how I do in games. And flame me all you want I have a challenge if you go back to play cod4 and then play BO let me ask you, which one is more fun?

Well... I don't necessarily think they are overpowering, it is just that more people favour those two guns, which are available to you pretty early on. I think that the MP5k is better than AK74u and that the MPL is more powerful. And that the AK47 and Commando and G11 are stronger than the Famas. Plus the Galil is evenly matched with the Famas. (I personally think the Famas is a little underpowered compared to the other guns)

In Blops I think Treyarch did a great job making the guns very evenly balanced.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

I'm not flaming you one bit, and I was not making any assumptions. The way you phrased yourself made it seem like people can only go positive while using the 74u or FAMAS, which is a very amateur thing to think. Any CoD game will have a gun or two that seem a bit more overpowered than others, that's just the way it is. To date, BO is most definitely the most balanced one. CoD4 wasn't perfect, it had it's unbalanced issues... such as the M16 being way overpowered. I've played my fair share of CoD4 while it was out, and yes I enjoyed it quite a bit. Like Alex said though, it was fun in it's prime but not so much anymore. I would much rather just jump into a game of BO.

Back