• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    This might just be me, but does anyone find that they don't use certain guns or set ups because of the looks?

For example, the AK-47 is pretty amazing with the red dot sight - the recoil feels easier to manage and I can keep my shots on target much easier. However, I just can't use it. It's just too ugly, I can't stand it. I'm mad, I know but I'm curious to see if anyone shares similar opinions?

Years
    This might just be me, but does anyone find that they don't use certain guns or set ups because of the looks?

For example, the AK-47 is pretty amazing with the red dot sight - the recoil feels easier to manage and I can keep my shots on target much easier. However, I just can't use it. It's just too ugly, I can't stand it. I'm mad, I know but I'm curious to see if anyone shares similar opinions?
    The Uzi. I love using it with a RDS and Grip, but it by itself is a terrible gun, with correct (finally) but odd iron sights, and the recoil is unreal.

By the way, it sounds like Chibi is trolling. And if chibi isn't, then I apologize.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

It is rather ugly, I got turned off it for a while and used the Galil instead. But it is a pro gun and I like it with extra ammo seeing as I fire too many bullets than necessary XD And I have scavenger and Sleight of hand with it.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Not that much of a fan with the Galil I must admit...
    Currently using the AUG and MPL both with Dual Mags and Grip on the MPL.
    The Uzi I like and don't like. The recoil is ridiculous and iron sights are whack.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2024

Pretty much all the LMGs. The Stoner looks okay, I guess. I think the AK-47 looks decent. Not as great as in MW2, but I can still tell what it is and I just have fond memories of it.

I wasn't really a huge fan of the Galil until I tried RDS on it. Picked it up from a dead guy and then it just changed my life forever. I don't know why, but I prefer the huge reticules. Makes no sense, but I seem to have better accuracy with it.

I don't like SMGs that much either. I haven't even tried them all out, but it seems like a waste of money to try any more when I already have the 74u unlocked, which is supposedly the best SMG ever.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I hate it when there are contracts for things like Grenade Launchers. I swear I got noob-tubed in every single Free for All room I was in today.

Years
    I hate it when there are contracts for things like Grenade Launchers. I swear I got noob-tubed in every single Free for All room I was in today.
    I was too. The next game after that, I pulled out the RPG until all the noob-tubers left. Only way you can really counter them, in my opinion.

I don't like SMGs that much either. I haven't even tried them all out, but it seems like a waste of money to try any more when I already have the 74u unlocked, which is supposedly the best SMG ever.
    It seems that every SMG besides the Uzi and the PM63 with Rapid Fire gets a boost. It makes the MP5K and Spectre actually useable.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020

Sure. I don't much like the MPL and Kiparis because they remind me of 'gangsta' guns, perhaps you know, things like the TEC-9. I thusly associate them with unskilled operators and do not tend to use them. The shiny silver M1911 is a similar case, but it's the pistol I've done best with in CoD4 and it's not so much gangster as simply ubiquitous so I'll let it go.
    I've, like yourself, thought the AK-47 an ugly weapon. I find it passable with extended-magazines, though, since it then looks like an AK-74.
    I also don't use the FAMAS much. Good gun in the game, but unless it's some uncommon model it looks little like the actual thing. On said actual thing, the iron-sights are very different, the charging handle is on top of the main body (would make for a relatively interesting reload animation) and the F1 model's magazine only has a capacity of 20 rounds (which would balance the weapon nicely in BO, now I think about it).

Why does everyone complain about these? I find frags more antagonising, bouncing around walls and stuff. I know from my own experience with grenade launchers that they don't hit or kill as often as many apparently like to think. They do get kills relatively easily at range, but that's the point. Don't criticise efficiency, is what I say. They're rare anyway due to the stigma attached to them...

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I went through a phase of using the AUG with Grenade Launcher only because I liked it for Domination. If someone was capping a flag, you could clear it fairly easily and quickly remove many people trying to cap. At anything else, shooting normally is generally more effective...
    The grenades have surprisingly low splash and has to hit nearly directly under them to get the kill.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I've never used a class with a grenade launcher... maybe I will on my next prestige.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Honestly, I only found it useful for objective type games, because even if you tried to like clear out a room with it, the splash isn't that amazing like I said, and you're probably better off using a Semtex/Frag...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    In case you guys don't know, Second Chance is getting patched so the person who puts in 100 damage gets the kill. Even if you die and a teammate gets the finishing blow, they get an assist and you still get the kill (although I think the killstreak should add a +1 if you die and the team mate gets the finishing blow).

Also, they said that they're making the RC-XD's much weaker and patching the 74-U with Grip's center speed.

Years
    In case you guys don't know, Second Chance is getting patched so the person who puts in 100 damage gets the kill. Even if you die and a teammate gets the finishing blow, they get an assist and you still get the kill (although I think the killstreak should add a +1 if you die and the team mate gets the finishing blow).

Also, they said that they're making the RC-XD's much weaker and patching the 74-U with Grip's center speed.
    Treyarch is really showing us how much they care about the community. They are really listening to a lot of people to shape up this game, and I would say the community alone is what makes Black Ops so great.

I really also think they should take care of the invisible claymore problem. I use Hacker so it doesn't affect me, but it can get annoying.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019

Last I read, the Second Chance thing is only being considered and not 100% sure yet. Though, I really do hope they put it into effect. They're also considering putting in a limit to how many times you can be revived and at the speed which it can be done.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Why does everyone complain about these? I find frags more antagonising, bouncing around walls and stuff. I know from my own experience with grenade launchers that they don't hit or kill as often as many apparently like to think. They do get kills relatively easily at range, but that's the point. Don't criticise efficiency, is what I say. They're rare anyway due to the stigma attached to them...
    This is the first time I've said anything about them. I usually don't complain about them because the noob-tube situation isn't nearly as bad as it was in MW2, but I was complaining moreso because it was happening in every single game I was in yesterday.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I used to beast with the Galil. K/D was over 2.00 with it for a good while, then it slowly dropped down to around 1.5 for no understandable reason. In the meantime though, my W/L is well over 1.10. I'm happy about that more than anything else.

I play pretty much Domination only, with a bit of S&D. Other than that + a few games of FFA/TDM, I don't play with the other game modes. I like One in the Chamber but I don't really need money anymore so I don't bother. I'm also on 4th prestige with pretty much every emblem/background that I can get.

Also, I dislike the FAMAS. I don't understand why people like it so much, honestly. I think the Galil is much, much better. I'd even say it's the best gun in the whole game. Or at least the best assault rifle.

and clearly rpgs are the best weapons ever

Edit: Also, whoever uses RC-XDs should go kill themselves (not really, but something bad). Not only do they seem to have a heat-seeking system in which I am always the target, they are completely and utterly outclassed by...the Spy Plane. Seriously, you'd rather get 1 or 2 kills than help the entire team out for a good minute? Plus, you could probably get at least one more Spy Plane just by having one up. It's a killstreak that keeps on giving and giving. I seriously think the RC-XD is the stupidest thing to ever cross a CoD game. Oh, and Valkyrie Rockets are pretty stupid as well. Impossible to control in tight spaces and also pretty helpless compared to the Blackbird, which I believe only requires 1 more kill.

That said, I have Spy Plane/Blackbird/Attack Dogs as my killstreaks. Sucks that dogs require 4 more kills than they did from World at War, but that's okay. STILL WORTH IT

Edit 2: Oh, Second Chance. I don't even know what to say. Just take it out, and I'm sure everyone would be happy (except the people that use it, but obviously no one cares about them). Noob tubing seems to be less of an issue than it was in MW2, at least. And Ghost. Oh my God, if there's one thing I hate more than Second Chance, it's Ghost. Seriously. I don't know why more people aren't complaining about it. When there are 6 people on the enemy team but the Spy Plane only shows 3 or 4, you get a little paranoid about everything and it drives you insane. I. Hate. Ghost.

And I play on 5 sensitivity. Any higher and I have trouble longshotting opponents. Any lower is a little slow.

yeah i think that covers everything
    You my friend get a whole case of cookies for being one of the smartest people in this thread... There are very few people in this thread that I respect (I can count them on hand), you are one of them people. I'm reading your post and I'm like "where have you been hiding when all of these Second Chance topics came up". All I can say is... you play the game, you know what you're talking about.

Like complaining about Ghost... how many people in this thread has complained about Ghost? Like almost no one (if anyone). I know Alex and I dislike it, but other then that...
    The prob with Ghost is that there is no Stopping Power in Black Ops... In CoD4, WaW, and MW2 if you wanted to give up that bit of extra bullet damage you got from Stopping Power (and almost everyone used it) you could use UAV Jammer/Camouflage/Cold-Blooded and not be seen on UAVs. The odds weren't in your favor if you were going to get into a gun fight, but you're not seen on the UAV. There was a counter to Ghost users, you gave up something for not being seen. When Black Ops rolled around they didn't adapt to this new change of no Stopping Power, Ghost stayed the same and that's the prob. Alex and I were talking about it the other night, the counter to Ghost is that it takes twice as long to show up on the UAV. I think it updates every 4 seconds, well unless they have Ghost Pro it should show them on the radar every 8 seconds. You still have a slight advantage, you don't show up as many times as people without it. And if you have Ghost Pro then you don't show up at all... a simple fix to a pretty big prob. But sadly I don't see something like that being changed due to the overwhelming number of people who use Ghost. They're unsure of their own skill, or too scared to put themselves on the line to use other perks. I don't have a prob with someone using a Ghost class to shoot stuff down, or have it on a sniper. But someone running around with an AK-72u doesn't need to be using Ghost.

I don't agree with Ghost being more annoying then Second Chance. But if they make Second Chance to where you get the kill if you put them down, and if you can't get knifed or shot with a main weapon on the way down... then yea my biggest prob will shift from Second Chance to Ghost. I just hate that they're taking the skill out of the game, and putting in stuff to make bad players good by using tools to take shortcuts. I said the same thing about MW2, why try to get good at shooting your weapon if all you got to do is run around with OMA + Danger Close + Tubes? Why try to be a good sniper and sharpen your skills when you can put thermal on it and see people across the map? Why even fire your gun, put on Marathon + Lightweight + Commando and just knife people?
    And on the flip side... good players gets thrown aside. I know quick scoping in MW2 took more skill then knifing while going down in Second Chance... but snipers gets patched to be unusable and Second Chancers gets revived. Someone is good enough to earn a Chopper Gunner or Gunship, but they're able to be shot down in the blink of an eye. Be shot down by weapons that has a hard time killing people on the ground (you people don't believe me? Go play Gun Game and if you're able to get to the LAW you'll see that sometimes you can put it right next to someone and it not kill. The same weapon can take down a 9 and an 11 killstreak)

It's not the fact that tubes are in the game... it's the fact they're promoting tubes by making contracts.
    I think tubes have a place in the game (and that place isn't in S&D), they're to be used on campers, they're to be used on other tubers (if they're running around with tubes), and they're to be used on groups of people who run around with Second Chance. I don't have a prob with tubes when used the right way, it's when contracts are made and people say "Hey, 5 kills with a tube.... easy money".

After I read this I went to check David Vonderhaar's twitter and at first I was sort of scared. Because he'd say "100 points" and not say "would get the kill". But after he made a few more tweets I was happy to see it being "the person who puts them down gets the kill".
    I am very happy with this if they do in fact change it. Because we all hate our kills taken, I hate to put someone down only to have some "teammate" come along and take my kill. I hate putting someone down and then I have to try to go kill them and while going over there I die. It won't fix the prob of them going down and I get knifed, it won't fix the prob of them killing me with their main weapon while going down. But at least the part of stolen kills will be fixed. It'd be perfect if they removed it all together, but that isn't happening. If they do fix it then I won't have to put myself on the line to get that kill, I can say "Hey, ... put a flash behind that building" or "I have a guy in Second Chance at ... someone go kill him". I can drop the person and forget about them and move on to others, I like that a lot.

I have a vid in my file share where I drop 3 people into second chance in like 2 seconds (I was spraying off and there were 3 of them there and all 3 of them went into Second Chance). And then a teamamte comes along and tries to take them (he took one of them). If it were like what they're thinking of doing then I could have left and let that teammate come along and clean up for me. I could get back to killing other enemies while that guy gets points to cleaning up my kills.

As for the Galil... you're looking at someone who has 9,500 kills with the weapon. XD

Treyarch is really showing us how much they care about the community.
    I know I complain a lot... but if they cared so much then they'd fix matchmaking, host selection, putting people into games, etc. Yea they might be working on Second Chance (and if they make it where the person who puts the person down gets kill then I'll be a lot happier), and they might be working on RC cars. But if they really really cared then they would have heard the cries of people before the game came out. I'll give them points for listening, but the game has been out almost 2 months, why is the matchmaking still broken? Why do I still get a loss because the host Dashboards or because the game can't find a good host? Why are knives still broken? Why do bullets go right through people and it not register? Why wasn't this stuff worked out before the game came out? I'm not looking for a perfect game, but stuff like that you'd think would be a no brainer.

Now at the same time I will say they done some sniping tweeking that I'm happy with, it's not where I want it to be, but I think it's pretty good (I still think the hit boxes are off). I'm happy with them talking about making Second Chance. I'm happy with them making Ninja better. And some of the other stuff.

They're also considering putting in a limit to how many times you can be revived and at the speed which it can be done.
    I agree with this. I think it's stupid that you can put someone down and they get revived time and time again. I think 1 revive is all you get per life... you get a second chance. Not a third or fifth chance.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    I won't bother posting this in the Events thread because I don't see it as such. So, anyway, anyone up for getting in a party and playing some TDM or Domination (probably Ground War, depending on how many people play) or something on the 360 tonight?

I loved this game to begin with but ever since christmas the abundance of 74u's, Famas', Ghost, Second Chance and RC-XD's seems to have gone up tenfold. I'll have a guy in front of me get two bullets in him (and more as he turns around) only to have him turn around with his 74u and shoot me down in mere seconds; it's not even as if he has a good aim as when I watch the killcam his gun is just going crazy and being sprayed all over the place, it's bloody ridiculous.

When I started playing Black Ops I was finding games pretty easily that had no problems with lag or host migrations. But, recently, I'm struggling to get into games, getting 1-2 bars in games, having a horrible amount of host migrations in the games and other annoying things. I love how Treyarch are fixing things that people dislike but I can deal with the overpowered guns and stupid perks if they spent more time on fixing their 'dedicated servers' so they actually work more often.

On the subject of second chance, don't you love it when you finally get a good connection game and you're going 10-0 and one off of your gunship when you shoot someone only for them to have second chance and knife you as they're going down? I know I do, it's fantastic. Moments like this are the reasons I run lower killstreaks because with the games I'm getting into 60% of people use second chance or ghost, or even both.

Now, I wouldn't totally be against ghost as it's a pretty good idea if it wasn't used for the wrong situations. Unlike some things I don't think it should be nerfed. I definitely think some changes should be made to it, though. I think there's no way you should be allowed a surpressor when using it because then there's no way you're ever going to be found when camping, really. Not being allowed a surpressor on it would ruin the perk for the people who use it properly but that's the way we're going have to go if it's being terribly abused.

I have to say there are some maps that I particularly despise. I really hate WMD, Villa, Jungle and I'm not too fond of Crisis either. I'm honestly not a fan of the maps that are too big, obviously. I think Array is probably my only exception to that list because it's so easy to pick off noobs that rush by those parked jeeps and you can get your 9-11 killstreaks from that and those pretty much win the game for you.

All in all it's probably my favourite Call of Duty game and I commend Treyarch for at least trying to fix the problems that we whine about, that's better than InfinityWard or Respawn whatever the hell they're called nowadays. I cannot wait for the new map pack as the first three days with it are great as people have no idea where to go and stuff. I also love the Zombies feature and hopefully the new map fuels the story even more and adds yet another compelling direction to it.

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    On the input of Second Chance, I don't know why it's a perk in the first place. Maybe if it were like MW2 and was used solely as a Death Streak perk, then I'd be content with that, but Second Chance is annoying. I won't say anymore as I don't play standard multiplayer much nowadays.

Also, one thing I'd like to add is that I hate my shoddy internet connection. It seems to cut out a lot either when I'm having a really good game of Zombies or find people that are good to talk with on the game. I got my highest streak on there the other day, which was 22 when it cut out. Frankly, the last person would have died to one of those soul-fetching dogs, but still, I would have liked for the game to record my 22 streak. Another annoying thing is when I get a good gun combo or something like that the internet cacks out right away. Whenever I get the ballistic knife (which mind you I really like in zombies) my internat stops right away, and the other day I ended up getting really lucky with getting a Thundergun and a Ray Gun pretty much instantly, and the internet cacks out right away.

Also today, from learning from quick revives do in single player, I got to round 14 on my own, and I can say that's an achievement for me. :D I also played today with people and pack-a-punched the first pistol you get "for teh lulz". Turns out that Sally & Mustang duo is really good up to about 15. :D

Graphical

Beep beep boop
    Years
    love Black Ops, hate Live.. here's a small list of reasons.
    12 year olds.
    little kids with their fathers talking to them who can't turn down the mic.
    Ghetto kids yelling at their sisters not to touch something (yes, it happens a lot)
    12 year olds.
    LAG LAG LAG.
    12 year olds.
    british 12 year olds.
    more lag
    AND
    12 YEAR OLDS
    oh, and 12 year olds who are listening to The Lonely Island and don't know everyone can hear how bad they are at singing (yes it happens)
    maybe i'm stupid, but i can only mute people in the lobby. how do i shut them up in game?

Hey, you were a 12 year old just 2 years ago. =/

I'm going to get this on the Wii soon. I'd get it on the XBox or PS3, but my brothers are always playing some game on them, so I never get a chance.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    To mute in game just bring up the scorecard and go to someone's name and press X or Square depending on your console.

Back