• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Years
    I was playing a game a Nazi Zombies today with two of my friends and their other friend, and it was his first time ever playing zombies. We did okay, losing at Round 22 after I actually started getting good weapons, but he got downed 41 times. Has anyone seen anybody else get downed more times?

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    well ,I guess I'm gonna have to take a small downfal in gameplay to get used to the higher speeds.I play on 4-6 and i did pretty well for it,but I feel thatfor better kills ,I might wanna step it up.Thanks guys.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I used to play on 10 sensitivity in other CoDs, but I find I play better with lower ones so I just use 5 now.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    By the way, is anyone getting annoyed with second chance?
    I had a really good sniper clip that I was going to upload, that got wrecked by 2 second chancers
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6328086&postcount=443
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6353095&postcount=476

And there's many other posts I made in this thread about Second Chance. I've run into it so much over the past few days that it isn't even funny. Anyone (and I mean ANYONE, I don't care if you're in this thread, on my friends list on XBL, or the fricken MLG pro circuit) who uses Second Chance is a skilless player. Anyone who defends it doesn't know what they're talking about.

I noticed that sensitivity plays a role in your gameplay, so I'm asking what sense do you guys play on?
    I play on 7. For me anything higher and I can't snipe, anything lower then it's just too slow.

well ,I guess I'm gonna have to take a small downfal in gameplay to get used to the higher speeds.I play on 4-6 and i did pretty well for it,but I feel thatfor better kills ,I might wanna step it up.Thanks guys.
    You don't need to play on a higher setting just because someone else plays on it, you need to play on it because you feel it's right for you. To me, the higher you can go without messing you up the better. Here's a way to get the right sensitivity setting for you...
    If you normally play on 4 then go to 5. Play around 8 to 10 games on 5 to get used to it. If you feel used to it then play on 6, and play another 8 to 10 games. If you feel good then move to 7... and so on. When you get to the point where you feel like you're not getting the kills like you once did, you're missing a lot more and so on then you need to back it down a level. And whatever that level is that's what you need to play on.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6328086&postcount=443
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6353095&postcount=476

And there's many other posts I made in this thread about Second Chance. I've run into it so much over the past few days that it isn't even funny. Anyone (and I mean ANYONE, I don't care if you're in this thread, on my friends list on XBL, or the fricken MLG pro circuit) who uses Second Chance is a skilless player. Anyone who defends it doesn't know what they're talking about.

I play on 7. For me anything higher and I can't snipe, anything lower then it's just too slow.

You don't need to play on a higher setting just because someone else plays on it, you need to play on it because you feel it's right for you. To me, the higher you can go without messing you up the better. Here's a way to get the right sensitivity setting for you...
    If you normally play on 4 then go to 5. Play around 8 to 10 games on 5 to get used to it. If you feel used to it then play on 6, and play another 8 to 10 games. If you feel good then move to 7... and so on. When you get to the point where you feel like you're not getting the kills like you once did, you're missing a lot more and so on then you need to back it down a level. And whatever that level is that's what you need to play on.
    That's what I did. When I first started, the only reason I really wanted to up the sensitivity was because of sniping. I felt the faster I could follow my target while looking down my scope, the better I would be at sniping. So I just really forced myself to a higher sensitivity.

I've read in the past a suggestion about upping your sensitivity every 2 weeks or so and see how far you can go. Though, Arcanine's method is obviously faster.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    That's what I did. When I first started, the only reason I really wanted to up the sensitivity was because of sniping. I felt the faster I could follow my target while looking down my scope, the better I would be at sniping. So I just really forced myself to a higher sensitivity.

I've read in the past a suggestion about upping your sensitivity every 2 weeks or so and see how far you can go. Though, Arcanine's method is obviously faster.
    They say if you just want to snipe then you need to be playing on 3 or 4 sensitivity. But since I don't use only a sniper... yea I haven't tried it and don't plan on doing it. XD

As for the 2 week thing... It won't take you that long to get used to playing on a sensitivity. On top of that it'd take 2 months to get to go from the default 3 (or is 2 default.... I can't remember, I went straight to 7 right off the bat) to 7 if 7 is your ideal sensitivity setting, longer if you're more of a 8 or 9 player.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    They say if you just want to snipe then you need to be playing on 3 or 4 sensitivity. But since I don't use only a sniper... yea I haven't tried it and don't plan on doing it. XD

As for the 2 week thing... It won't take you that long to get used to playing on a sensitivity. On top of that it'd take 2 months to get to go from the default 3 (or is 2 default.... I can't remember, I went straight to 7 right off the bat) to 7 if 7 is your ideal sensitivity setting, longer if you're more of a 8 or 9 player.

Where did you hear about the 3-4 sensitivity for sniping? AFAIK it's been a pretty universal idea that 6-7+ is necessary for sniping. Anything less and you really can't drag scope at all.

Normally I play on 7, but when I know I'm only going to be playing with a subby/AR I drop it down to 5 because I play better with 5 while using ARs/Subbys

Years
    I saw my teammate defusing a bomb in S&D yesterday and couldn't help laughing that he was spinning around on a 1 sensitivity.
    I played on 3 for the longest time, from the beginning of WaW until about 6 months after MW2 came out. Then, I changed my sensitivity up one everytime I felt comfortable with the latest sensitivity.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Where did you hear about the 3-4 sensitivity for sniping? AFAIK it's been a pretty universal idea that 6-7+ is necessary for sniping. Anything less and you really can't drag scope at all.
    I think because it's easier to line up shots on a lower sensitivity. If you have a high sensitivity then the slightest movement might be too much.

I saw my teammate defusing a bomb in S&D yesterday and couldn't help laughing that he was spinning around on a 1 sensitivity.
    I played on 3 for the longest time, from the beginning of WaW until about 6 months after MW2 came out. Then, I changed my sensitivity up one everytime I felt comfortable with the latest sensitivity.
    Yea I've seen that before. They go for the little 360 spin and it takes them forever to turn a full 360. XD

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    When it comes to COD including this release I tend to take much more interest in the multiplayer for either internet or LAN gaming.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    I think because it's easier to line up shots on a lower sensitivity. If you have a high sensitivity then the slightest movement might be too much.
    I guess, but by doing that you pretty much give up your ability to hit a moving target in my opinion.

But only just recently have I really figured out how to snipe decently in this game. I was still too used to my style of sniping in MW2 which is not nearly as effective in this game. Oh well. =/

Years
    Just to let you guys know, Morkula posted the Gaming events for the New Years Extraveganza, and Black Ops is one of the events. Any PC member who wants to jump in should leave their information.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Hey all. Got BO on PC, wondering if anyone else has. I don't suppose so, but surprise me.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm still yet to find one gun I think is best suited for me, but I'm good with shotguns and submachine guns, so out of those, which are the best guns? I know it all comes down to what you're good with, but I'm looking for an recommendation based on others views.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I'm still yet to find one gun I think is best suited for me, but I'm good with shotguns and submachine guns, so out of those, which are the best guns? I know it all comes down to what you're good with, but I'm looking for an recommendation based on others views.
    I personally prefer the AK-74u from the SMG's, I can use it close and medium range whereas with other SMG's I can only use close range. With shotguns, I think the Olympia is pretty good, but only if you're using Sleight of Hand because it only holds 2 shots. The silenced SPAS is also worth trying, but I've had it fail on me many times because it gets so many hitmarkers before it actually kills someone.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    The best SMG is the AK-74u. But ATM I'm really really liking the Spectre with Rapid Fire. Back when I used the 74u with Rapid Fire I lost gun fights to the Spectre with Rapid Fire, and I've won gun fights using the Spectre. Now it might have been connections and all of that... but still, that weapon is really good.
    My only prob with it is that you have like no ammo for it. So that's why I run with Scavenger on that class. Now if you still want something like Hardline then the 74u is the best bet.

As for the SPAS... put a silencer on it (it does the same damage, has the same range) if you're going to use it. I like the weapon, it's a fun weapon to use... I've gotten Chopper Gunners using it. But expect to be ripped off while using it, because there has been times where I hit people 3 times and they'd just turn and kill me. It's not a weapon to use if you're wanting to win, it's just there to have fun.

Whoever is wanting to take part in the Black Ops event (360) make sure you post in the thread below.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=239960

Last edited:

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    I haven't really played this for a long time, or as long as you, but I'll try to talk about everything that people have spoken about lately.
    Because I'm a total noob and only got my 360 a couple of weeks ago, I use the sensitivity of 3. :D
    I like to use the AK-74u with Grip, and like it. I also like to use the Galli w/ Silencer.
    I've been obsessed with Zombies lately, and even though my highest round is 19 with other people, I like to think I'm good at it.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Been playing more and more trying out different sets and stuff that are different and trying to unlock all the pro perks and stuff.

Currently dabbling in the MPL with Suppressor and Dual Mags, as well as AUG with Masterkey.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I like to use the AK-74u with Grip, and like it. I also like to use the Galli w/ Silencer.
    I've been obsessed with Zombies lately, and even though my highest round is 19 with other people, I like to think I'm good at it.
    The Galil is my fav weapon... I've got almost 9,000 kills with it I believe (don't feel like getting on and checking XD). But I do not like the Silencer on it. Or at least I don't like how it used to be. They changed the Galil a lot since day 1 (it used to be a lot better), and if it's still the same as it was when I first used it with a Silencer then I don't like it. Because it'd bounce around a lot more suppressed then it would without it. On top of that it'd cut down on the range/damage and I use it a lot for long range stuff.
    I might have to try it with a Silencer someday to see if it's still the same as it was.

Been playing more and more trying out different sets and stuff that are different and trying to unlock all the pro perks and stuff.

Currently dabbling in the MPL with Suppressor and Dual Mags, as well as AUG with Masterkey.
    Some of the pro perks are so easy to get, where others are really hard. Hardline Pro I can get by level 12 or 13, Ninja Pro at like late 20s to early 30s. Ghost.... I don't get that until I'm about ready to Prestige again (not that I run into lots of UAVs, or shoot down everyone that comes up). So I take it you're not prestiging anymore (or never have)?

Back