• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    Ten seconds? I swear my Choppers last about three.

Amen, half the time my flare is gone by the time I reach the map. If I'm lucky and can keep killing the guy with the strela, I might stay up for another 10 secs, otherwise I'm down in 3 as you say.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Hell yeah. I am one of the people who will pull out a Strela right after I hear "enemy chopper inbound." And if I don't have the class ready, I'll kill myself with my own goddamn Claymore or something and switch to the right class. I usually play with friends, so enemy choppers are down by the time they get to the map :D I think this applies more to attack helicopters, though. I can't remember the last time there was a Chopper/Gunship that was on the enemy team.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Ten seconds? I swear my Choppers last about three.
    Better to have blackbird on imo, gets you easy kills and helps your whole team <:
    I dont really prefer the chopper gunner or the gunship too much because unless your are on a gamemode with set spawn your gunship/chopper is going down, quick. Dogs are pretty good on set spawns because they do the spawn killing for you, but I still like blackbird better.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    I like the killstreaks that don't take you away from the game, such as Dogs, Attack Chopper and Blackbird. Must admit, it is quite fun using a Chopper Gunner once in a while though. Not a fan of the Gunship though, miss the AC130 - watching that bomb slowly make its way down then BAYAM!

Though it depends on the game mode, like for Domination I run a Napalm Strike, Mortar Strike and a Blackbird/Rolling Thunder so I can pummel any flags they may try and get (normally the B flag).

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    Better to have blackbird on imo, gets you easy kills and helps your whole team <:
    I dont really prefer the chopper gunner or the gunship too much because unless your are on a gamemode with set spawn your gunship/chopper is going down, quick. Dogs are pretty good on set spawns because they do the spawn killing for you, but I still like blackbird better.
    That goes without saying really. I usually run UAV-SR71-Chopper Gunner. However when I play objective based games the Chopper is usually switched for a Napalm or Care Package (depending whether I have Hardline Pro on or not). I always run the B51 on Nuketown though. :)

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    That goes without saying really. I usually run UAV-SR71-Chopper Gunner. However when I play objective based games the Chopper is usually switched for a Napalm or Care Package (depending whether I have Hardline Pro on or not). I always run the B51 on Nuketown though. :)

This, I used to run 3-8-9 as well, until recently when I got bored and decided to have some fun with care packages and hardline pro, in which case I ran 3-5-9 because I've been playing with people I know can consistently get their blackbirds and so I don't have to worry about running them.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    I've been having a bit of fun with a 8/9/11 killstreak setup.

SR-71 makes it easier to get the Huey atleast, then hopefully dogs. After the SR-71 has run out send in the dogs and call the Huey in. The dogs get the people in the buildings while the Huey mops up outside! The only downside is people leaving the game when this happens, heh.

I've tried using those rockets, forgotten what they're called, but I suck using them. The only time I've managed to kill people is on Nuketown, where I'd shoot them straight into the air, then back down again as if they were mini 'Predator Missiles'.

Then, as an act of revenge for the crazy amount of RC-XD cars that kill me (I'm not joking, the vast majority always go for me) I setup a Hardline class with the RC-XD. I let them build up until I had about five of them and used them all at once. Some guy sent me a message saying he was going to report me for hacking the game to get an endless supply of RC-XD cars, haha.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    What are people thinking of the 1.06 patch? I've heard people saying that they nerfed the 74u to the point of uselessness, but I'd personally disagree. I'm not certain, but I'm fairly sure that the damage now drops off faster over longer ranges so you have to stick more to close quarters and can't use it as a baby assault rifle like before, but it's still damn good up close. If anything, I'd say that they balanced it fairly decently by cutting its range.

Thoughts, anybody?

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    When I was on the PS3 I noticed people still using it and it dealing a lot of damage. I can't say I've noticed a difference (didn't use it myself).

The 360 hasn't got the patch yet, apparently it'll coincide with the map pack on Feb the 1st.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I haven't played online today, but I sure it's fine.

Anyway I have a 5/8/11 killstreak set up.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Looking forward to the patch! Great that it'll be coming with the map packs. I'm super excited for those.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    I very rarely buy DLC or map packs, but I'll most likely buy the Black Ops one as my friend bought me 2100 MS Points for Christmas. I can't see what else I'd buy with them.

I would have spent them on the Vietnam thing for Bad Company 2, but I only have Bad Company 2 on the PS3 - not the Xbox.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The new patch is online for XBL, which has the very much needed Second Chance-kill adjustment. For anyone who doesn't know, whenever you put someone into second chance now, you'll get credited for the kill and the other person will get the assist. About damn time!

CrazyJake265

The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    I am so glad about this patch, as i really hate people who nick other peoples kills. Finally actually get what you deserve.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The FAMAS really doesn't NEED to be nerfed. I don't have a problem with it. The G11 I hardly use, but it seems fine to me too... The only weapon I have problems with is the 74u. I'm not exactly sure what they did to it in the new patch, but it still seems the same to me.

They did some adjustments to the RC-XD too apparently, not sure what though. I'd like to see them decrease the amount of RC's that can be on the field at once (that is if there even is one?) Last night, I was getting killed by RC's, one after another. It was ridiculous. I'm not one to usually ***** about them, but it was just too much. Maybe I'm being too nitpicky though?

Back