• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Is anyone having match making problems other than me? I keep getting put into lobbys on my own, haven't been ablt to find a single game all day. It isn't my connection. I have reset everything, re-tested the connection. Everything. But I just can't get into a single lobby.

I haven't touched my ps3 ever since my FFXIII save file corrupted and I lost 60+ hours of my life :(

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    Has anybody put up a uav and have nobody pop up because everybody is using ghost
    *raises hand*

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It's surprisingly only happened to me once, maybe twice. Though, having more than half of the team using Ghost has happened, and it was kind of annoying. I don't think it makes the game unplayable, though I can understand how very annoying it can be for those who rely greatly on the UAV.

There's always the Blackbird though.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Counter-UAV, Blackbird and Doggies.

The ultimate anti-ghost killstreak setup.
    Straight from the wise mouth of ThunderToro.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Is anyone having match making problems other than me? I keep getting put into lobbys on my own, haven't been ablt to find a single game all day. It isn't my connection. I have reset everything, re-tested the connection. Everything. But I just can't get into a single lobby.
    For me, it's been like that from the start. I can't stand being put in a room with no one there.
    My prob is that it'll never put me into a game. I search local but it'll take way too long to find a game.

Has anybody put up a uav and have nobody pop up because everybody is using ghost
    *raises hand*
    I can't remember if I've been in a room where 100% of the enemy team used Ghost. But I have been in a few rooms where only one person would show up on the Spy Plane and they'd have 5 or 6 people. It's so annoying to go up against that.

There's always the Blackbird though.
    I hear this all the time "Well there's a Blackbird", that's true, but it's not that easy. Getting 8 kills (7 with Hardline) isn't as easy as easy as people make it out to be, more so when there's Ghost players running around.
    Like JUST now, I'm in a game and I lost my Blackbird due to someone with Ghost getting past my teammates and killing me. Getting a Blackbird isn't as simple as people say it is... and I've called in over 600 of them.

Counter-UAV, Blackbird and Doggies.

The ultimate anti-ghost killstreak setup.
    Straight from the wise mouth of ThunderToro.
    I fail to see how this is the "ultimate anti-ghost killstreak setup". What does Counter Spy Plane do for Ghost? Ghost campers will still camp, Ghost rushers will still rush. Blackbird... that's a good killstreak to use on Ghost (seeing how it's the only counter to Ghost). Dogs... they're worthless. You'll be lucky to get 4-6 kills with them.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I hear this all the time "Well there's a Blackbird", that's true, but it's not that easy. Getting 8 kills (7 with Hardline) isn't as easy as easy as people make it out to be, more so when there's Ghost players running around.
    Like JUST now, I'm in a game and I lost my Blackbird due to someone with Ghost getting past my teammates and killing me. Getting a Blackbird isn't as simple as people say it is... and I've called in over 600 of them.

I'm not claiming it to be easy, I'm just saying it is an option.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    I fail to see how this is the "ultimate anti-ghost killstreak setup". What does Counter Spy Plane do for Ghost? Ghost campers will still camp, Ghost rushers will still rush. Blackbird... that's a good killstreak to use on Ghost (seeing how it's the only counter to Ghost). Dogs... they're worthless. You'll be lucky to get 4-6 kills with them.

Counter UAV takes away their radar.
    While this doesn't "counter" ghost in any way, it's very useful for manouvering around the map. I tend to look at the radar very little when playing, because I usually don't get the whole picture that way. Making ghost-users blind makes them just as susceptible as you.

Blackbird is the true counter to Ghost, so I'm not explaining that one.

Dogs are clearly more valuable than the gunship, which normally gets shot down within seconds. Also it gives ghost users nothing to shoot down. Therefore I'm disallowing them to capitalize off my killstreaks to gain ghost pro. That, and dogs will usually get a few kills against bad players, more than the gunship gives me when I run it.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Dogs are usable on every map, Chopper/Gunship aren't. Jungle and Nuketown are the only two maps I can think of where the Chopper isn't completely useless. Gunship has a bit more variety, but only slightly. And they both still get shot down within seconds if a team isn't filled with idiots.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Saying Dogs are usable on every map... I don't agree. I mean yea, you can get killed on any map when going up against Dogs. But the same can be the said with a Chopper Gunner or Gunship. Yea both choppers can be shot down, but to counter Dogs all you have to do is get in a room with one door or sit in a corner and kill them. People are more likely to die shooting at a Chopper then they would shooting at Dogs. On top of that they'll get spawn trapped with a Chopper, you can take out a bunch of people all at once with a Chopper, Dogs can't do that.
    Here's how it is with me... I've gotten a total of 87 kills with Dogs, and 85 kills with a Gunship. But the thing is, I've called in Dogs 23 times, and called a Gunship in 14 times. I don't normally run an 11 Killstreak, but when I do I get more kills with a Gunship then I do with Dogs.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    The gunship is better than dogs.

Anyway just played zombies and I hate how nobody ever watchs your back.

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    People think it is annoying.

Anyway what your favorite game in the game?
    Mine is the Galil with suppressor.

RockHardSemi

Lv 53
    Years
    My favourite game? Probably the game itself. :P

As for my favourite gun, I'd probably go towards the Galil too. Though I like to mix my weapons up, keep the combat fresh.

Rockin' the SMGs at the moment, just completed the Steady Aim Pro challenge but I've been trying out the Skorpian, Mac 11, MPL and the Spectre. I don't like the Spectre too much, the others are cool though. I went Rambo with dual wielded Skorpians against a some kind of clan as a joke but surprisngly didn't do as bad as expected, may have to whack them out again some time.

What console do you lot play it on? I used to play it on the PS3 but got a few connection issues, so I bought it for the Xbox as well but I don't have many friends to play it with. I'm guessing most of you are American though?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    I'm English and I play on the 360 but I'm giving the game a break at the moment because I'm pissed off with it so I'm going to stop playing until the DLC comes out and see if it can change my mind.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    I'd agree if I played PS3 more than I play Xbox, because they don't shoot that stuff down on PS3, but xbox players will switch to their ghost-strela classes as soon as they hear "Enemy Gunship Inbound".
    That's not true at all. I used to have Chopper Gunner set and I would last maybe 10 or 20 seconds before people shot me down. The difference between having a gunner and dogs is that dogs usually last longer and can therefore mess with the enemy longer. If you have a Chopper Gunner or Gunship that lasts 10 seconds, then the enemy will play scared for about 10 seconds. Dogs last for a full 60 seconds, which keeps the enemy from running around everywhere.

Back