• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • I like the part when you rebulid the walls.
    What?

Playing last night I pulled off a nice start to an S&D game on Firing Range. I got a quad spray and the killcam the first round. Second round I got another 3 or 4 kills. So 2 rounds in I had 7 or 8 kills (keep in mind all of that took place in like 40-60 seconds, both rounds together). The rest of the game was blah for me. But it would have been nice to rewatch what I did... but since theater mode is broken it didn't record the game. In fact it didn't record a ton of games. I played 5 to 10 games of S&D last night but it only shows the first game I played. It's not due to host leavings or anything like that, we backed out of the lobby a time or two as well (like we played a game, and then left, found another lobby, etc).

Has anyone else been having probs with the theater lately?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    If anyone missed the videos,

This new Zombie map looks really great and I'm definitely finding it interesting that they decided to put a highlight on sniping. The new character cast is also pretty sweet haha.

From the looks of it, it seems like this map might be inspired by that novel that puts a heavy focus on a lighthouse. I forget which book this is... maybe that Word War Z? Then again, I think the whole idea behind zombies in CoD was inspired by that book, no? My Zombie background is rather lacking haha. I just remember reading something about a lighthouse and zombies a while back. XD

Ces soirees-la

Hello, Hello
    Years
  • I am so excited for the new DLC, Zombies is my specialty.
    The only down side to the DLC's imo is the fact that it puts you in lobbies with pro's, and as I'm not a great player, it distracts me from playing it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2011
    Turns out that infinity ward let us down with black ops because it has one of the worst game engines ever.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • Infinity Ward had nothing to do with Black Ops though...?

Unless you mean that it's their fault Treyarch used their four-year old engine to make a game.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • The only down side to the DLC's imo is the fact that it puts you in lobbies with pro's, and as I'm not a great player, it distracts me from playing it.
    I beg to differ, if anything it's the other way around. XD

I mean yea, I've played with random people before that were good... and all they did was play zombies. But most of the time if I play with random people it's just people who go off doing whatever they want to do. You say "Come here and watch this window" and they run off to another room and go down, you say "pull back to this room" and they don't do it. They open doors they don't need to be opening, and so on. I mean you don't have to be a "pro" at it, just think a little.

Turns out that infinity ward let us down with black ops because it has one of the worst game engines ever.
    Infinity Ward has nothing to do with Black Ops. Even if the original engine was made by IW it was Treyarch that didn't use the 4.0 that was used in MW2. They went back to WaW and used that engine to make Black Ops. I can't blame IW for Treyarch not using the newest engine, unless somehow IW said no (and I don't see why because WaW was a modified version of the CoD4 engine).

Anybody feel like posting what their custom classes are?
    ~ Main weapon
    Gaili + Red Dot, M1911 + Extended Mags, Frag, Hardline Pro

~ Long main
    G11, M1911 + Extended Mags, Frag, Hardline Pro

~ Ghost
    Commando + Suppressor, M1911 + Extended Mags, Frag, Ghost

~ Long Shot
    G11, M1911 + Extended Mags, Semtex, Ghost
    (Normally this would be a sniper class, but since I think snipers are broken...)

~ Chopper Down
    Famas + Red Dot, Strela-3, Frag, Ghost

~ Tube
    AK47 + Tube, RPG, Frag, Flack Jacket

~ Hacker

AK74u + Rapid Fire, M1911 + Extended Mags, Frag, Ghost, Hacker
    (Did you know, at one time you couldn't put "Hacker" as the name of a class?)

~ S&D Main
    Famas + Red Dot, M1911 + Extended Mags, Frag, Ghost

~ S&D Speedy
    Spectre/AK74u + Rapid Fire, M1911 + Extended Mags, Semtex, Hardline Pro

~ Speedy
    AK74u + Rapid Fire, M1911 + Extended Mags, Semtex, Ghost

Every class other then Hacker has Ninja, every class has Concussion grenades, every class has a Motion Sensor.
    I tend to only play Search (S&D) these days, so as you can see by my classes most of them tend to have a "flip side" to them. The flip side to "S&D Main" is "Main Weapon", the flip side of "Long Main" is "Long Shot", and so on. What I do is the first round is I pick a Hardline class, and with that all I need is 2 kills for Spy Plane. 95% of the people will not put a Spy Plane up the first round (they'll save it for the next round), so I don't have to worry about that until round 2. Now between rounds I'll check to see if anyone has 3 kills, if they don't I'll keep with the Hardline class, and if they also had Hardline and got 2 kills for a Spy Plane they'll call it in as soon as the round starts. And since they're calling it in right away I have a chance to switch to my Ghost class if need be. Round 3 I normally run Ghost, and round 4 I go back to Hardline if I have a Care Package. Even if they have a Spy Plane they'll call it in right away and I have a counter in the pocket. But that's a shutout game, S&D you have to play by ear if things gets mixed up.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Anybody feel like posting what their custom classes are?
    Sure.

Standard 1
    FN FAL
    └─Masterkey
    Strela-3
    ─Frag
    ──Smoke
    ───C4

Ghost/Pro
    Hardened/Pro
    Marathon/Pro

Standard 2
    MPL
    └─Grip
    Strela-3
    ─Frag
    ──Smoke
    ───C4

Ghost/Pro
    Steady Aim/Pro
    Marathon/Pro

S&D
    SPAS-12
    └─Silencer
    Crossbow
    ─Frag
    ──Smoke
    ───Motion Sensor

Ghost/Pro
    Steady Aim/Pro
    Ninja/Pro

Sniper
    L96A1
    └─Extended magazine (sometimes ACOG)
    ASP
    ─Frag
    ──Smoke
    ───Motion Sensor

Ghost/Pro
    Hardened/Pro
    Hacker/Pro

Random
    Changed whenever to my whim's desire.
    Often has Olympia as primary weapon and LAW as secondary.

I don't prestige, as you can see from me having five classes. I don't play often enough to go up the ranks.

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Okay I've got my classes now:

1: Ak74u w/ Rapid Fire
    Concussion/Frag/Motion Senser
    Hardline/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro

2: Mp5k w/ Silencer
    Ghost/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro

3: Mpl w/ Grip
    Hardline/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro

4: PM63 w/ Grip
    Concussion/Semtex/Motion Senser
    Scavenger Pro/Sleight of Hand Pro/Marathon Pro

5: Default Sniper

6: Default Sniper

P.S. Has anyone noticed how much crap you have to go through to get marathon pro?

Last edited:

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    ViP I
    MP5K + Extended Mags
    CZ75 + Extended Mags
    Frag, Concussion, Claymore
    Scavenger, Sleight of Hand, Hacker

ViP II
    Galil + Extended Mags
    ""
    ""
    ""

ViP III
    M16 + Red Dot Sight, Dual Mags
    ""
    ""
    Scavenger, Warlord, Hacker

ViP IV
    SPAS-12 + Suppressor
    ""
    ""
    Ghost, Steady Aim, Marathon

ViP V
    FAMAS + Red Dot Sight
    ""
    ""
    Lightweight, Sleight of Hand, Hacker

Domination
    Galil + Extended Mags
    RPG
    ""
    Scavenger, Sleight of Hand, Hacker

Search&Destroy
    Famas + Suppressor, Dual Mags
    CZ75 + Suppressor
    Semtex, Flash Grenade, Motion Sensor
    Ghost, Warlord, Hacker

Killstreaks set is almost always Spy Plane, Counter-Spy Plane, Blackbird. Occasionally I'll switch CSP for Dogs or Chopper Gunner if I'm in a noob lobby.

The other 3 I won't bother trying to remember, but they're all lulzy classes. I doubt all these are exactly correct, but it should be close.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    P.S. Has anyone noticed how much crap you have to go through to get marathon pro?

Yeah. I like capture the flag... sometimes, but I hate having to cap a flag 15 damn times just to get it. Would have been better if it was just "be the flagrunner x amount of times."

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I need somebody to play with. I haven't been playing much so right now I'm not very good right now. So anyone up? I mostly play Dom and CTF.

What are your guys favorite game modes?

hazard master

Self Proclaimed Genius
    Years
  • Yeah. I like capture the flag... sometimes, but I hate having to cap a flag 15 damn times just to get it. Would have been better if it was just "be the flagrunner x amount of times."

Agreed, but I find capturing the flag to be relativley easy with the combination of smg skill, ghost (pro), and knowing the best flag run routes.

i.e. on havana take the side route through the houses on the side of the map A.D.S.ing whenever entering a room then grab the flag and make a quick turn around tossing concussion grenades behind you at the halfway mark. That strategy has gotten me 4 captures in one game.

Years
  • Out of interest, how many of you guys would be up for a Video Games Black Ops event in the coming weeks? It would be hosted by myself and another member. Me on PS3 and the other member on 360.

Would Friday or Saturday be more convenient?
    Feel free to PM or VM me if you prefer that way...​

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • I unfortunatly sold my copy of black ops on xbox when i sold the xbox and after seeing the new map pack that will (eventally) be coming to PS3. I am happy I never rebought it. The game wasn;t as good as I expected and the latest zombie map which is the main reason I play is in all honesty a joke. They had a good storyline going in it and now it just seems like a gimmick to me. It has ruined the storyline I find with all the new added characters and I really wish it would go back to its routes and back on with the story.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Out of interest, how many of you guys would be up for a Video Games Black Ops event in the coming weeks? It would be hosted by myself and another member. Me on PS3 and the other member on 360.

Would Friday or Saturday be more convenient?
    Feel free to PM or VM me if you prefer that way...​
    They never work.

I think we've had two, and I think on one we had more than three people.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I generally try to join them if I can. As for a day, Saturday would be best for me.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • I would be up for a Black ops game. So would we pubstomp or do Private Matches? For a day Friday would be good.

Back