• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Calling all Emerald players!

Daystar

Elite Psychic Trainer
    Years
    Hi folks, I have a question For those who have bought emerald out of a retailer... When you start up emerald and you get to the main menu, does it say that the save file is ok and it will continue from where you last saved?

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    No. Sounds like you have a fake game. The easiest way to tell is the color of the cartridge. If it isn't a see-through Green you are in trouble. Here is an example:

Calling all Emerald players!

If they faked that well enough, the best way to check is to look inside the cartridge from the bottom and examine the card (it is the thin piece that connects inside the slot of your GBA/DS that you can see at the bottom of the picture above). Above the gold circuitry it should say 'Nintendo'.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    All real Pokémon games will go straight from the title screen to the load screen, except copies of R/S/E where the internal battery has run dry. If that's the case, the message you get will explicitly say that; otherwise, if it just says 'The save file was loaded' or something similar, it's fake.

Years
    No. Sounds like you have a fake game. The easiest way to tell is the color of the cartridge. If it isn't a see-through Green you are in trouble. Here is an example:

If they faked that well enough, the best way to check is to look inside the cartridge from the bottom and examine the card (it is the thin piece that connects inside the slot of your GBA/DS that you can see at the bottom of the picture above). Above the gold circuitry it should say 'Nintendo'.

This tells me that my Ruby and two Emerald cartages are fake...

I concur. Yours must be fake.

Daystar

Elite Psychic Trainer
    Years
    Ok, thanks... I just needed it reconfirmed, as the seller of the item has told me that it is definately the real deal. Obviously not.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years

Woah! My friend has the fake one!

Well, thanks for showing this. I gotta tell her now.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    My friend made that mistake. xD. Just like what everyone above me said, if it isn't green, then its bootleg. xD

If life were only this simple..... xD

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2009
    I bought a used one from vintage stock and it was fine. It still is even though I have had it 3 weeks.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    The fake ones generally don't have internal batteries, meaning you can't do any time-based events, such as growing berries or doing the lottery. Also, the memory chip is often unreliable, which means your save file will often be randomly deleted. Finally, if you start up D/P/Pt with a fake Pokémon game in the GBA slot, it will automatically delete the fake game's save data.

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    I remember getting a fake Emerald off ebay, and after "PRESS START" it said "The game can be played." before saying Continue/New Game. Also, it would randomly delete the save file. Fortunately though, I managed to get a refund.

Sloofish

★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn
    Years
    Luckily I have the real one. But if I want to play any game, I'm not going to waste money on it. That's why this site is here with it's own Pokemon ROM versions. If I want fake, it's right here where I can get it for FREE.

Back