• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Can moderator be applied for?

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
  • No problems. There's also much more that they also look at, such as how users behave around others and whatnot, but that's being really general. They put a lot of effort into choosing their staff and make sure that they have what it takes.

Yeah for sure!
    A moderator without respect is clearly not what they're looking for.

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
    Years
  • OH, and I also have another question.
    I noticed Super moderators. I guess to earn that you just need to be active, helpful and respectful. Correct?

Since there really is no section designated for you to moderate.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    OH, and I also have another question.
    I noticed Super moderators. I guess to earn that you just need to be active, helpful and respectful. Correct?

Since there really is no section designated for you to moderate.

yes but they're promoted from moderators if deemed worthy they're not chosen from the memberbase

however I sent shenanigans a picture of me in the princess leia slave bikini and I hope my efforts are successful

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Super moderators pick up the slack and also decide with administrators on promotions. Their criteria is a stiffened version of that for moderators.

Usually the staff will solicit moderator promotions and do higher promotions without warning. That seems to be the standard operating procedure here.

Years
  • Yeah, I get that applying to be a moderator wouldn't work, as I proposed that but we got reasons why that wouldn't be such a good idea.

Since most of the forums that were once mod-less (at least for official mods) now have mods filling in for super mods, guess that answers that.

Sirfetch’d

I like to think of it as, you are sending in an application for moderator when you are active and contributive to a forum for an extended period of time. Moderator applications simply wouldn't work because then everyone would apply. Higher staff pay close attention to each section and know exactly when someone is ready and would be a great choice for moderator. They don't need applications telling them what they already know ;)

Back