• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Can your level 100 starter beat the E4 by itself?

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Actually, I beat the entire Fire Red second wave with a single Lv. 100 Blaziken. Because Blaziken is Fire and Fighting, but it can also learn some Flying moves, I used the following moveset:

ThunderPunch (Lorelei, Agatha, and even half of Gary's go down)
    Ice Punch (Lance, Bruno, and again Gary)
    Blaze Kick (Only attack that ever took down Agatha's Gengar in one hit)
    Earthquake (Probably the single most powerful attack in the game, and took down Arcanine for me)

BTW my starter was a Charizard, but it sucked so I started using Blaziken, so this means that Gary has a Blastoise for his final pokemon. BTW I also didn't cheat, just so you know.

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
    Years
  • Actually, I beat the entire Fire Red second wave with a single Lv. 100 Blaziken. Because Blaziken is Fire and Fighting, but it can also learn some Flying moves, I used the following moveset:

ThunderPunch (Lorelei, Agatha, and even half of Gary's go down)
    Ice Punch (Lance, Bruno, and again Gary)
    Blaze Kick (Only attack that ever took down Agatha's Gengar in one hit)
    Earthquake (Probably the single most powerful attack in the game, and took down Arcanine for me)

BTW my starter was a Charizard, but it sucked so I started using Blaziken, so this means that Gary has a Blastoise for his final pokemon. BTW I also didn't cheat, just so you know.

You must be either really forgetful or just lying. Blaziken can not learn Ice Punch from it's standard moveset, egg moves or move tutors. If your Blaziken really does know Ice Punch then you've cheated.

Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    I have with my Blazikin who had Blaze Kick, Sky Upper cut, Flamethrower and Double Kick. XD

~Kipper~
    That's the moveset I always give my Blazikens. XD

Anyway, I think your Charizard will be able to make it. I just don't like the fact that you've taught it STRENGTH... Plus, you should avoid low-PP HYPER BEAM-like moves like BLAST BURN and choose a stat eliminating move as SMOKESCREEN or GROWL instead. Believe me, I used to think that this kind of move was useless, but I realised that it can totally save you if used correctly...

One thing is sure though. Even though I used to "kill" the E4 with a lv 78 Charizard, Lorelei's Lapras is getting on my nerves this time. So I'm training a Pikachu to take on the job. Yellow nostalgia... :P

Years
  • well lets c... i did somethin like that. a beat the elite 4 w/ a level 67 charizard (or somethin like that) and a level 51 zapdos. arent i impressive or what?! :3

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    You must be either really forgetful or just lying. Blaziken can not learn Ice Punch from it's standard moveset, egg moves or move tutors. If your Blaziken really does know Ice Punch then you've cheated.

I checked after reading this, and it turns out my friend hacked his game or something and changed the moves that Blaziken learns. Sorry about that, I didn't bother checking when he gave it to me.

kuribohgx

pokemon freak
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 17, 2007
    your charizard sucks. why teach it strength. my charizard it lv 73 and it knows flamethrower, fly, slash, and blast burn(which i regret).

misty_fanboy

self proclaimed #1 misty fan
    Years
  • no,its a fire type its weaak against several /E4 types <.> and 1/2 of its attacks are fire one of his normal types are hyperbeam and then theres fly....editing his move set.....eventualy

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2007
    I did already

i did it around ten times with my level 100 zapdos with attacks rock smash, thunderbolt, thunder and drill peck but i bought some full restores

Wuggles

Pokémon Omega
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2013
    Oo, i'm sure I can't, because my charizard sucks as hell Oo

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2007
    I've often held up the idea that any pokemon (of high level, 60 +) can conquer the elite four, it just takes alot of max potions, full restores, and full heals..oh, and paying attention to your pokemon's HP...so yes...the Level 100 Charizard should do it!

Jackie

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2007
    You don't even have to be at Lv.100, it's possible lower.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    No, but my Level 63 Haunter can. Almost. I keep a Typhlosion as backup.

Back