• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Capital Punishment?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    No but I'd rather it be that people are all treated equally, because everyone who commits murder is just as deserved of captial punishment as each other, regardless of social status. I've just read through your arguament and you talk about lower class like a seperate degenerate species, which in my opinion is pretty despicable.

Stalin Malone

Order. Stability. Progress.
    Years
    Equal treatment doesn't work. By any chance, Gofre have you read the book 'The Bell Curve'? It's about how IQ differences cause differences in social outcomes. I'd reccomend reading that book since any sound anti-crime or immigration policy would take into account IQ differences between classes and groups.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Regardless of IQ, you said it yourself, its social outcome. The outcome of a political leader stabbing someone is the same outcome as a homeless man stabbing someone- They have commited murder and need to be punished. You cannot tell me social standing makes them any less deserved of punishment?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    You didnt answer my question:
    Is the rich man less deserving of lethal injection than the poor man?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Even if a rich man contributes to society, and the poor man doesnt, that money still goes into the economy one way or another. A poor man will not get a job because someone else beat him to it, so the money he would submit still ends up in the economy. That money's not going to disappear, its just distributed more evenly.

I'm not a religious man, but a life is a life. If you take someone elses human rights, you do not deserve your own.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Yes he is. The rich man contributes far more to the economy and society than a poor man. Those poor who aren't expendable are the ones who get out of poverty via pulling themselves up by their bootstraps.

Just a few points, I'd like to add...
    1. So you're saying; even if someone has a committed a crime worth that of a highest penalty, based upon their income/ inheritance they should be allowed back into society because they supposedly "contribute to it more"? What about rich people that don't 'contribute'? What about well off murderers?

2. You think that the death penalty should be freely passed out, to 'poorer' individuals for small crimes. Any legitimate reason why? What about poor people who contribute like scientists, cleaners and firefighters?

3. Have you realized how stupid your ideas are? Your sense of justice / improving society is plain dumb. I'm glad people like you don't have the intelligence to pass off as politicians... your views are comparable to that of a modern-day Hitler.

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Thankyou Jaimes, you've restored my faith in humanity :P

Stalin Malone

Years
    1 People who are well off spend more and thus keep the economy humming. Imprisoning people who are well off and murder for long periods of times hurts the economy while using capital punishment on the poor has no similar effect due to them not having money. Try looking into a concept known as Capitalism and also look into the Chicago and Austrian schools of economics.

2 The poor respond better to discipline and force because they don't think like us. Things which are superflous and or negative for the upper/middle classes work well on the poor. Also, for whatever reason they completely lack any form of long-term thinking and predictions. Hence them constantly being bankrupt. Can you just imagine the problems that would result if we put in socialized medicine, expanded welfare or tried jobs programs(Not that any would actually work)?

3 Now don't be silly. Everyone knows Hitler was a leftist and not even remotely conservative. Ever read the book 'liberal fascism'? Its a good book and it goes into detail about the connections the nazis and the modern left have. Remember, conservatism is about freedom and personal responsibility.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2008
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that in tandem with Archon's idea we add a sliding "ethnic" scale to the whole ordeal. After all it's a well known fact that blacks commit more crime and on average have less money, so therefore are not as productive, or important, as whites and Asians or heck even Hispanics.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    Before you start using pseudo-intellect to back up your claims.. some sources would go a long way in support your twisted opinions. kthx noob.

1 People who are well off spend more and thus keep the economy humming. Imprisoning people who are well off and murder for long periods of times hurts the economy while using capital punishment on the poor has no similar effect due to them not having money. Try looking into a concept known as Capitalism and also look into the Chicago and Austrian schools of economics.
    This depends on what you define 'well off', because there will always be a significantly greater number who are 'not as well off'. This mass market will propel an economy. Not a minority who spend a bit more on expensive products.
    Many poor people also support the economy via low-paid jobs, such as cleaning, social services and so on.. so don't give me that crap.
    Also you didn't answer the rest of my points. There are lots of 'well off' people that do nothing in terms of benefiting society.. e.g someone who is born into rich parents (such as you).

More importantly you have one of the most barbaric and greedy idealogies concerning human life I have ever come across. Your belief that releasing muderers, terrorists and rapists because they have money, wheras slaughtering poorer people for petty crimes is disgusting. These are human lives, not stocks or shares. Human life is not expendable for your idea of 'economy'.

2 The poor respond better to discipline and force because they don't think like us.
    Hold on.. who IS the poor then? I'd like a definition if you will or at least some statistics. And not another stupid paragraph full of incorrect assumptions. Who said we were rich?

Things which are superflous and or negative for the upper/middle classes work well on the poor. Also, for whatever reason they completely lack any form of long-term thinking and predictions.
    Quoted for utter BS.

Hence them constantly being bankrupt.
    By the time I leave university in 4 more years, I will be 25 and have £80,000+ ($160k) debt on my head. I don't believe this will class me as 'poor' though?

Can you just imagine the problems that would result if we put in socialized medicine, expanded welfare or tried jobs programs(Not that any would actually work)?
    Can you imagine the problems of mass genocide? and why wouldn't it work at all? You're making a pretty big assumption there..
    Being rich and poor is not something that is decided by what families people grow into. It doesn't take much to get an education (which you seem to be lacking in) and most people work to achieve money.

3 Now don't be silly. Everyone knows Hitler was a leftist and not even remotely conservative
    It's great how you tried to correct me with something that's completely wrong... especially how Hitler & the Nazi party was one of the biggest anti-communist organisations established. Ever tried reading a history textbook? Idiot.
    But anyway, I was comparing your animalistic, barbaric, vile, selfish, greedy, ignorant, predujiced and tyranical attitudes towards human life to Hitlers.

Last edited:

Stalin Malone

Years
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that in tandem with Archon's idea we add a sliding "ethnic" scale to the whole ordeal. After all it's a well known fact that blacks commit more crime and on average have less money, so therefore are not as productive, or important, as whites and Asians or heck even Hispanics.
    The only way that would fully work is if we also factored in my scale as to reward the socially useful members of those communities and didn't blatantly shut them all out.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    The only way that would fully work is if we also factored in my scale as to reward the socially useful members of those communities and didn't blatantly shut them all out.

Your 'scale' is biased abusing of an already controversial punishment system, to socially cleanse people in your narrow-minded concept of reality.

Capital punishment is not a tool for genocide. Being poor does not make you useless nor does rich make you useful. Eitherway neither factor should determine who lives and who dies.

Nor can I acknowledge what makes you "socially useful" and why you think you have the right to decide the outcome of millions' lives.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    There's simply some people you can't argue with. Archon is one of them. He has twisted views, to be sure, and I don't think he's going to be very intent on changing them anytime soon. I say let him spout his nonsense. See how far it gets him in society. He'll probably be put in jail for hate crimes.

Espreon

Lord of the Nagas
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    Oddly enough, I was thinking about this this morning..

In the UK, the death penalty is completely banned and a life sentence is the strongest penalty.

Uh, sure yeah...: Life sentence > Death penalty

I am sure no one wants to be in prison until they rot to death, while they can just be fried in 3 secs and be relieved of prison...

Years
    I have mixed feelings about Capital Punishment. I tend to support it because some people have done something so heinous that they deserve to die a slow painful death, but for some people, death is just too easy for them and it would be much better for them to live the rest of their existence in some small, closed in cell until they die thinking about what they did and how nice it would be to finally be free.

Either way, the whole CP debate is a very razor sharp double-edged sword that will contiune to be a hot button topic for many years.

So, I'm really kind of half anf half about it.

Stalin Malone

Years
    There's simply some people you can't argue with. Archon is one of them. He has twisted views, to be sure, and I don't think he's going to be very intent on changing them anytime soon. I say let him spout his nonsense. See how far it gets him in society. He'll probably be put in jail for hate crimes.

My views are reasonable and moderate unlike your leftwing radicalism.

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    My views are reasonable and moderate unlike your leftwing radicalism.

NO

You're an arrogant and deluded racist. You're ideas are not only despicable, but only supported by your low mental incapacity. They are completely unreasonable and you have not contributed anything intelligent besides extreme Nazi-like beliefs of using a Punishment system to eradicate people without money.

Being poor is not a crime.

Spoiler:

Back