• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Cartridge colour?

What colour will the physical copy be?

• Red/Blue like the GBA versions

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Grey like all 3DS games

Votes: 15 15.5%
  • Probably Red/Blue but I hope it's Grey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably Grey but I hope it's Red/Blue

Votes: 71 73.2%

• Total voters

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • I'm gonna go with the 4th one, probably going to be grey but...eh, I want blue and red cartridges so much.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I wish that it's red or blue cartridge, because this is what makes the original Ruby and Sapphire unique in certain way. So I voted for red and blue.
    Yeah, I can live without red and blue only for cost reasons. It really only helps those who buy both see which they have at a quick glance.

And that avatar. I am resisting every temptation to steal it right now. I love Kirby.

Pinta77

I would love red & blue cartridges.. but for whatever reason they stopped doing that. Why!? That was one cool thing that made them stand out back in the day

Years
  • I'm going with the majority who says the cartridges will likely be grey, but I'm happy if they make them red/blue like the original games were. And I feel like there hasn't been many special colored cartridges lately.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
    Years
  • I know it'll be the generic grey/white, but I'm sure someone online could/would produce colored ORAS carts.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    This reminds me of how disappointed I was to see that the X&Y cartridges were normal and gray.

I was seriously expecting them to be colored blue and red respectively when I opened the game cases for the first time. I don't understand why they kept them gray. :( Nintendo is usually kinda 'special snowflake' with this sort of thing, but I guess they didn't think of that little detail. I'm really hoping they'll add that blue and red touch to ORAS instead of being boring like last time, but one can only hope. It's not a huge major deal but we're pretty aesthetically inclined as human beings haha.

And I miss my colored cartridges and being able to spot the game from well across the room without confusing it for another one.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Not sure why people would expect them to be grey, since 3DS cartridges are all white ~_~
    Could be cool if they were made colored, but it doesn't matter, really.

And if Japan does get colored cartridges while the rest of the world doesn't, well... Consider this payback from the G1-G2 days :p

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I guess they're a couple of shades darker than actual white when I compare with actual white :p but when people say grey I imagine something more like DS games.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I assume they'll be the standard grey, but I'm really hoping for a transluscent red and blue :) that'd be pretty neat.

Back