• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Cartridge pops out*

Years
  • How do you react if something like that happened?

I'd sigh, say a few foul words and then say it's alright.

Until you realize you forgot to save since you started the game.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I wouldn't get too mad, unless I found a shiny or something awesome like that, or grinded a ton of levels.

Years
  • Well, it happened to me twice now.

The first time happened when I dropped my gameboy after finally beating the Elite Four for the first time and I had not saved since I *started* my way through Victory Road. I was at a loss for words and my friend ribbed me about the face I made.

The second time was when I ground out the levels to get two of my pokemon to level 100, starting from when I last trained them at level 36 each. When I stood up, as the gameboy was on my lap, and the cartridge came out, I was too tired to even try to deny it happened.

I never want to see another Hypno or Nidoking for as long as I play this game now, though....

Years
  • This happened to me during my nuzlocke runs in HeartGold and Platinum. I didn't want to lose all that hard work, so I started a new game without deleting the old one. The cartridges popped out while I was halfway through the games. I lost all of that data... ;_;

Last edited:

Happy_Hereford

'Nicole da Silva' obsessed
    Years
  • After I defeated the E4 in Emerald, I stood up and waved my arms in celebration, when I'd realized I'd dropped my GBA on the floor. I hadn't saved for ages, either. And then the file corrupted :/

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I've only ever had this happen on a file I didn't care about (a blue version file I was playing through to get some exclusive Pokemon for my Gold Version Pokedex). I wasn't paying that much attention and grabbed another cartridge to put into my GBA, and I yanked the Blue game out of the system while it was saving (so it wasn't like the cartridge just "popped out" spontaneously). I think my save file corrupted, but I was only at Viridian Forest, so it wasn't a big deal.

I generally save pretty frequently, so I don't have too many problems. I should probably try to save less frequently than I do, actually.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I'm a frequent saver so rarely does it ever bother me that much. Usually the most progress I'll have made is a few levels or maybe gone through a whole route. But it does bother me with EV training, though I don't do serious EV training, I still like to get it as exact as possible. A sudden cut of the power (or as someone else said, dropping the console and having the cartridge come loose or jammed) can totally mess it up.

I've never had a cartridge just 'pop out' though!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If the game cartridge popped out, I wouldn't get annoyed unless I'm in the middle of something important, such as a gym leader battle, and forgot to save.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • If I have done a lot of stuff I will just snap and go on a huge anger wave consisting of stamping the ground, breaking something cheep nearby and swearing. If it is nothing I would just sigh or maybe let out a little swear.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • I forgot to save after beating the electric type gym in White. I forgot my DS turned on next to the computer, and its battery ran out. I had to do the gym all over again, which I hate due to its cheap paralyzing tricks.

breaking something cheep nearby

Years
  • Stop dreaming such random things and wake up.
    If I accidentally click on the top right X or press Alt+F4 while playing a rom* however...

By the way, I think I never ever had a cartridge popping out in my maybe 10 or 11 years of cartridge gaming. Never.

* Actually this happens quite often to me, since I have a tendency to play a while, then do some random stuff such as browsing something or overloading my laptop by opening up another game temporarily, and when I close them, sometimes they're not the only thing I close. I learned from it and am saving far more frequently than in earlier times though. So it's not even that much of an issue... most of the time.

Last edited:

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i dont get to mad mostly because i save after every major event. like before a gym fight after a gym fight after healing. so if anything happens to the game i wont be loosing much.

Necrolium

Flygon Trainer
    Years
  • This hasn't happened to me in ages, but if it does, it won't bother me because I save the game frequently. (I think I save this much because I have slight OCD).

Years
  • This happened to me recently actually. I was so cheesed, i had just caught a Drillbur, which i took 1 hour to find and catch =/

Years
  • My mother threw my GBA after I had trained my Exeggutor 15+ levels. Much rage was accumulated that day. On the subject of the cartridge ever
    popping out, I may have hit the cartridge once or twice, while it was in the DS, but I don't think anything significant was lost.

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    I HATE WHEN THIS HAPPENS!. After this happened i save every twenty minutes.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
  • This happened to me during my nuzlocke runs in HeartGold and Platinum. I didn't want to lose all that hard work, so I started a new game without deleting the old one. The cartridges popped out while I was halfway through the games. I lost all of that data... ;_;

Ouch! That is one of the worst horror stories I have ever heard! RIP to your Nuzlocke team. ):

This only happened to me while I was playing mystery dungeon years ago, and I totally freaked out because it was just after an automatic save after Celebi. Luckily, my data was unharmed, and everything was okay. (Lame story, I know..)

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I just finished EV training my shiny Mamoswine and I turned off my DS without saving. Woe is me.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • The game freezes, I turn off the DS, I pop the game back in and restart, I revert to the last save, and life goes on. I save very often because I have read the horror stories long ago.

XXIII

isn't really here.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    Oh, I do this so, so often. It gets irritating. I still haven't learned to save often. I've lost 10+ hours of progress in Dragon Quest 9 because of this, hehe. Oh well. Life goes on.

Back