• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Castform's catch em all Crystal challenge

Sirfetch’d

It's been a while since I have done a journal entry but I am excited to get back to doing one! This time I will be playing Crystal version and not only will I be documenting my progress throughout the story, I will also be using this journal to track my dex progress as I am going to fully complete the Crystal Pokedex for the first time ever. I have acquired a 2nd system that will allow me to trade between my other versions which makes this possible. After I obtain every Pokemon possible within Crystal, I will then trade over what is necessary to finish the Pokedex. Let the journey begin!

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

I started my adventure like any other adventure. I woke up, receive the PokeGear from my mother, obtained my starter Pokemon from the professor(I picked Totodile and named him Titan.) Then we set off on our journey. Of course there was some interruption from a thief who stole a Chikorita. I guess we will have to keep an eye on this guy that they call "Silver".

Our next steps were exploring the local routes. Route 29 was the first route on our journey and it was home to quite a few Pokemon! We managed to catch a Sentret, a Pidgey, a Hoppip, and a Rattata which we named Remy and added to our team! After training up a bit we headed north and checked out Route 46 where we caught a Geodude and Spearow. Our Pokedex is already coming along pretty nicely!

Current team:

Remy Lv. 2

Titan Lv. 7

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 9
    Captured: 7

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Not a whole lot has happened since our last entry. We did a little exploring of Cherrygrove but there wasn't much to see so we decided to move on and check out the next route which was Route 30. Here we managed to battle a few trainers for some sweet experience and catch a few more Pokemon for our Pokedex! On this route we found a Weedle and a Caterpie! We headed north to Dark Cave where we managed to catch a Zubat alongside the elusive Dunsparce and then grabbed 2 Bellsprout on Route 31. We traded one of these for an Onix once we arrived in Violet City. For now we decided to rest up at the Pokemon Center and take a break.

Current team:

Remy Lv. 7

Titan Lv. 8

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 14
    Captured: 13

Sirfetch’d

Just a small update here. It is now night time and new Pokemon are out and about so we decided to head back to the previous routes. We caught a Poliwag on Route 31 as well as a Hoothoot and a Spinarak on Route 30.

Current team:

Remy Lv. 7

Titan Lv. 8

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 17
    Captured: 16

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

A bit more progress to report on this time! After heading back to Violet City we decided to take the time to explore the town. It has quite a lot to offer including a school, a gym, as well as the Sprout Tower. We decided it would be best to first explore the Sprout Tower and get in some more training. During this time we also found out that Silver was once again causing trouble. After defeating all of the trainers in the tower, we found and caught a Gastly on our way out. Shortly after doing that we headed to the Ruins of Alph where a strange puzzle led us to a dungeon full of these strange letter Pokemon called Unown. We caught us one of those as well. We finished exploring all we could and took on the gym. It was an easy victory!

Current team:

Remy Lv. 11

Titan Lv. 12

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 20
    Captured: 18

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What do you think are going to be some of the hardest things for you to get on this PokeDex completion run of yours?

Sirfetch’d

What do you think are going to be some of the hardest things for you to get on this PokeDex completion run of yours?

The legendary birds and Mewtwo are going to be rough as I don't have a completed copy of RBY on me. I'll have to run through one of those as fast as I can to get them to transfer over. As for in the Crystal game itself fleeing Pokemon are definitely a challenge as well as 1% encounters. I managed to get a Phanpy pretty easily this morning but spent roughly an hour trying to get a Teddiursa and all 5 or 6 I found fled from me. I will try again tomorrow.

Sirfetch’d

While not a lot of story progress has been made since our last entry, we do have quite a few more Pokedex pages filled! To start the day off we got up super early to catch a Ledyba on Route 30 and a Phanpy on Route 46 as they are only early morning encounters. We tried to catch a Teddiursa in Dark Cave as well but did not have much luck there. During this time an egg that the professor gave us decided to hatch! Out came a cute little Togepi! Once we deposited the new catches into the PC, we headed south to Route 32 where we caught an Ekans, a Tentacool, and a Magikarp. We then made our way through Union Cave where we added a Goldeen, a Sandshrew, and a Wooper to our Pokedex. After this long trek we decided it would be best to rest up for a while in Azalea Town.

Current team:

Remy Lv. 14

Titan Lv. 15

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 36
    Captured: 27

Sirfetch’d

We made a lot of progress since our last update...or it sure feels like we did. After resting up a bit in Azalea Town we decided to head back east and check out the trouble brewing at Slowpoke Well. It seems Team Rocket is once again up to no good. After we took care of them and saved the Slowpoke, we caught one for ourselves! Knowing that the Slowpoke were safe we then decided to take on the gym. Bugsy was actually a breeze for us! Remy got lucky with a crit Hyper Fang and that was that! Titan even evolved after the match! After getting the badge we took down our rival and explored Ilex Forest where we caught a Metapod, a Kakuna, and a Paras. We made our way out of the forest to Route 34 where quite a few new Pokemon were available. We only snagged up a Jigglypuff who we named Ms. Jiggly and added to our team, a Snubbull and a Krabby for now though as well as an Odd Egg from the Day Care Man. Once we arrived in Goldenrod we bought an Abra who we named Spoons and added to our squad from the game corner and then decided to take a much needed break.

Current team:

Remy Lv. 18

Titan Lv. 19

Ms. Jiggly Lv. 12

Spoons Lv. 5

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 53
    Captured: 36

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

This is mostly just an entry to record some Pokedex progress. We trained on all of the routes surrounding Goldenrod to prepare for an upcoming battle against Whitney but in the process we managed to catch a bunch of Pokemon. We went back to Ilex Forest and caught a Pineco, an Oddish, a Venonat, and a Psyduck. We then revisited Route 34 where we found an Exeggcute in a Headbutt tree. After we caught it we then moved north to Route 35 where we caught a Drowzee and a Yanma. During all of this time Remy evolved into Raticate and Spoons evolved into Kadabra! We will rest up and then take on Whitney tomorrow.

Current team:

Remy Lv. 20

Titan Lv. 20

Ms. Jiggly Lv. 18

Spoons Lv. 19

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 71
    Captured: 45

Sirfetch’d

Smallish update here. Once again not a whole lot happened but we managed to fill quite a few pages in our Pokedex! We started the day off by catching an Abra to trade for the Machop in the department store. We'll need her later when it's time to get Machoke and Machamp. During this process the egg we got earlier hatched into an Elekid. And it was shiny! We named her Martha and added her to the team. The next thing we did was go and fight Whitney. This turned out to be an incredibly easy battle due to her Clefairy using Metronome which turned into Sunny Day. This made my Fire Punch hit like a truck and we took her down very quickly. After beating Whitney we caught a few more Pokemon on the way to Ecruteak. We got a Sunkern, both Nidorans, and a Pinsir from National Park. We then caught a Sudowoodo blocking our way from Route 37. Once we got past that obstacle we then grabbed a Noctowl, a Stantler, and an Ariados from the route. We are now taking a break in Ecruteak.

Current team:

Remy Lv. 20

Titan Lv. 21

Ms. Jiggly Lv 20

Spoons Lv. 20

Martha Lv. 10

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 82
    Captured: 55

Sirfetch’d

We got up bright and early to start today's adventure and headed back south to Route 37 to do a little more training before Morty. Here we managed to catch a Ledian, a Pidgeotto, and a Growlithe. We headed back to Ecruteak and took down the Kimono Girls before visiting the Burned Tower where we defeated Silver once more and caught a Koffing. We now felt confident to take on Morty. It took two tries to beat him but we did! After taking him down we visited the Ruins of Alph and picked up a Moon Stone to evolve Ms. Jiggly. On Route 32 a Qwilfish swarm was happening so we managed to catch one of those. We then explored Union Cave once more to catch the Friday Lapras, which we did, and named her Donatella and added to our team to replace Titan. We also caught a Tentacruel here.

Current team:

Remy Lv. 21

Spoons Lv. 25

Martha Lv. 20

Ms. Jiggly Lv. 21

Donatella Lv. 20

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 99
    Captured: 63

Sirfetch’d

Small update here! I haven't had much time to play over the last 2 days but we did make a little progress today in our journey.

Anyways, we started the day off by visiting Route 38 on our way to Olivine City. Here we managed to get some really good training in with the abundance of trainers on this route. We also caught a few Pokemon here! We caught a Magnemite, a Tauros, and a Miltank which we named Carrie. Carrie joined our team and replaced Remy the Raticate. We then moved on to Olivine and traded a Krabby for a Voltorb once we arrived. After doing some training in the Lighthouse and being given the mission of finding Ampharos some medicine, we decided to take a break.

Current team:

Spoons Lv. 25

Martha Lv. 23

Ms. Jiggly Lv. 22

Donatella Lv. 22

Carrie Lv. 22

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 106
    Captured: 67

Sirfetch’d

Pretty big update! We get a late start to our adventure today which means we were able to do some fishing around Olivine and catch a Staryu that only appears during the evening. We also took a quick trip north to Route 38 where we were able to catch another night time Pokemon, Meowth. After catching a few Pokemon we headed to Cianwood to get the medicine for Ampharos. Along the way we got in some good training and even caught a Mantine on Route 41. Once we arrived in Cianwood we immediately got the medicine needed so we wouldn't forget. We also ran into a trainer who kindly asked us to look after his Shuckle for a while due to it potentially being in danger. We happily agreed to help him out. Before we headed back to Olivine we made a quick stop at the local gym and defeated Chuck. We then used our new HM Fly to get back to Olivine ASAP to help Ampharos. As soon as we got there we rushed up the Lighthouse and gave the medicine to Jasmine. Ampharos was thrilled! We then headed back down and took on her gym. It was certainly a challenge due to how overlevelled her Steelix was but we managed to win. After getting the badge we did a little more fishing and caught a very cute Corsola! We then decided to take a small break and rest up. We will soon depart for Mahogany Town.

Current team:

Spoons Lv. 26

Martha Lv. 25

Ms. Jiggly Lv. 25

Donatella Lv. 25

Carrie Lv. 25

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 119
    Captured: 72

Sirfetch’d

Once again, this will be a rather small update in terms of overall story progress....but we managed to catch a heap of Pokemon for our dex. After starting the day off we went to Route 42 on the way to Mahogany where we caught Arbok, Seaking, Golbat, and Marill. We then took a small rest in Mahogany Town before heading north to check out what was going on at the Lake of Rage. On the way there we managed to catch a Venomoth. Once we arrived to the lake we noticed that there was a mysterious looking red Gyarados in the water. We caught it before being approached by a guy named Lance who needs our assistance taking down some trouble makers in Mahogany. We waited until morning to head back so we could grab a few more Pokemon from Route 43. We caught a Furret and a Farfetch'd who we named Duck Tape and added to our team. We trained him up a bit and are now ready to take on Team Rocket.

Current team:

Spoons Lv. 26

Martha Lv. 26

Ms. Jiggly Lv. 26

Donatella Lv. 26

Carrie Lv. 26

Duck Tape Lv. 26

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 133
    Captured: 80

Sirfetch’d

We started the day off by raiding the Rocket Hideout in Mahogany Town. Turns out these guys are using the radio waves to cause trouble at the lake. With the help of Lance we were able to eliminate the threat but I don't think we've seen the last of them. Once we finished with Team Rocket we took on the Mahogany Gym. Pryce was a strong leader but ultimately no match for our team. After getting the badge we got word that Team Rocket was once again causing trouble. This time they were in Goldenrod. We immediately flew there and put and end to their plans for the last time. During this time Martha evolved into Electabuzz!

Current team:

Spoons Lv. 30

Martha Lv. 30

Ms. Jiggly Lv. 30

Donatella Lv. 30

Carrie Lv. 30

Duck Tape Lv. 29

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 148
    Captured: 81

Sirfetch’d

Today is a big day for our adventure! We are making our way through the last stretch of the Johto region before we are ready to take on the Pokemon League. We will have to revisit old areas to catch missed Pokemon but the Johto part of our story is just about over. After taking out Team Rocket we flew back to Mahogany Town and made our way east to Route 44. Here we caught a Heracross, an Aipom, a Poliwhirl, and a Tangela to add to our Pokedex. We then explored the frigid Ice Path and ended up in Blackthorn City. We rested up a bit and headed south to Route 45 where we caught a Gligar and a Graveler. We did some training and made our way back to the city. Here we did a quick trade and trade back to evolve Spoons into an Alakazam. We were then ready to take on Clair. Her gym was tough as we were pretty out leveled but we managed to defeat her. Our challenge was not over though as we had to make our way through Dragon's Den and pass one more test. Which we did. Clair reluctantly gave us the badge. The Dragon Elder also offered us a Dratini but we did not have enough room for it to join us. We will come back to it later. It is now time to get some final training in before taking on the Pokemon League!

Current team:

Spoons Lv. 32

Martha Lv. 31

Ms. Jiggly Lv. 32

Donatella Lv. 32

Carrie Lv. 32

Duck Tape Lv. 31

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 163
    Captured: 88

Sirfetch’d

We start off today by heading to the Pokemon League from our hometown. We make the long trek through Tohjo Falls and Routes 27 and 26 where we caught a Doduo and a Sandlash before arriving at Victory Road. While a bit lackluster, Victory Road did provide us with some nice training and a battle with our rival. Soon after defeating him we decided to take on the Elite Four. We were extremely under leveled so it took quite a bit of healing and swapping out but we managed to take down every member and then the champion, Lance. The battle with him was extremely difficult as no one was quite strong enough to OHKO a Dragonite yet. We got our names registered in the Hall of Fame and are now ready for the next chapter in our adventure.

Current team:

Spoons Lv. 38

Martha Lv. 35

Ms. Jiggly Lv. 34

Donatella Lv. 37

Carrie Lv. 34

Duck Tape Lv. 35

New Pokedex entries:
    Spoiler:

Pokedex progress:
    Seen: 183
    Captured: 90

Sirfetch’d

Not a major update here as I've not had much time at all to play but some progress has been made! We arrive back home after beating the Pokemon League and immediately begin to think about the next steps in our journey. As we exit our home we get a call from Professor Elm where he informs us that he has a gift for us. We make our way over to him and he gives us a ticket to the SS Aqua. We now have a pass to get on the ferry to take us to Kanto! He also gives us a Master Ball that we forgot to pick up earlier. We will use this for catching one of those roaming Pokemon. We board the ferry and make our way to Vermilion City. Once we arrive we check out what the town has to offer, which isn't much but the music is nice. We then make our way over to the gym and take down Lt. Surge! We now have a Kanto badge! After defeating Surge we begin to make our way to Celadon City. On the way we stop at Route 7 and catch a Persian, a Murkrow, and a Houndour. We then arrive in Celadon City where we grab a Pikachu from the game corner. It's now time for a quick rest!

Current team:

Spoons Lv. 39

Martha Lv. 39

Ms. Jiggly Lv. 39

Donatella Lv. 39

Carrie Lv. 39