• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch of the Day

dad

big poppa
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    so, what did you catch today?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Oh my gosh a ton. Excluding the common ones like Rattata and Pidgey, I also caught another Squirtle and Staryu, hatched Exeggcute (& added it to my dex!), Krabby, Slowpoke, Eevee, Nidoran female. :D Plus a load of Tentacool.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Guys, I only caught a Parasect today. ]: I'm like super bummed.

I already had a Paras with almost enough candy to evolve it anyway, so this is a little disappointing. Especially considering how many new Pokémon I got yesterday. I'm about ready to go outside right now and walk around until my two eggs hatch. Maybe then I'll have something to report. ;;

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • Bunch of Pidgey and Rattata, but I did hatch Jigglypuff and catch a Caterpie finally XD Just level 7 but I've walked hours already thanks to Go.

Jiggling Jigglypuff

I'll Sing Ya To Sleep
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    My 1st Day: It was Jigglypuff well just because I love Jigglypuff.
    Yesterday: Was probably Staryu which I was surprised I caught.
    Today so far is Bulbasaur because he is also awesome.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    Got a Butterfree today! I've yet to encounter a Caterpie which makes it kind of funny!

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I finally got my Cubone today! I'm so excited!

The rain finally stopped long enough for me to go on a little walk around my apartment complex in order to hatch my eggs. The very first one that hatched gave me a Cubone and I almost died. Bonus of the day was also the Squirtle I nabbed while walking around...

Checkchiron

PokeArtist
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    I caught a 938 cp Venomoth. It took a lot of tries to even hit him but in the end me and my pokeball army succeeded

Years
  • I hatched a Porygon today. That's got me pretty chuffed. I also caught a Gastly, Koffing, Diglett, Tentacruel, and some Jigglypuff. It's been a good day all thanks to whoever left those lures around.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I caught Tauros, Hypno, Venomoth, Bellsprout and Horsea today. Was happy to catch Hypno since I only had caught about 6 Drowzee. Venonat evens more scarce. Also caught a bunch of Pidgey and Weedle's and am close to evolving the final evolutions.

I also found a Krabby for the first time, unfortunately it was one of the 50% chance freeze balls that freeze the game when you try to catch them and you have to delete the cache and reload the game which automatically deletes the pokemon, but still puts a shadow of them in the Pokedex. Really lucky the ones I mentioned before were all non freeze catches.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Got a pretty high Scyther today adjusting for my lvl (14), so that was awesome.

Still hyped about my Porygon from the other day though.

Years
  • Leeeeettt's see:

1) Caught a Haunter, (174 CP) Venomoth (376 CP) and a Scyther (185 CP)
    2) Evolved my Bellsprout into Weepinbell
    3) Evolved my Eevee into Flareon (ugh)
    4) Got to level 8
    5) Hatched a Magikarp egg

Super pumped about Scyther and Haunter, but I was kinda bummed I ended up with a Magikarp that will take an eon to evolve for my first egg but the other two I have are 10km eggs that should get me some good ones, fingers crossed. D:

Cay

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I caught a Pinsir with around 350 cp on my way home from my dance class (I wasn't driving, dw) which I now have at 428. Also leveled up my eevee to Vaporeon which I'm very happy about, there's an abundance of Eevees in my area. Also got a few pidgey/weedle/zubats on the way.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Two hours into the day... highlights include my first Kabuto, another Squirtle, my third Cubone.

Then this showed up:
    Spoiler:

Showed up as CP???. But NO WATER ATTACK WHY?!

It's my second one. Worse moveset than my CP666 one.

Years
  • Two hours into the day... highlights include my first Kabuto, another Squirtle, my third Cubone.

Then this showed up:
    Spoiler:

Showed up as CP???. But NO WATER ATTACK WHY?!

It's my second one. Worse moveset than my CP666 one.

What do you suggest in that case, then? I have been in similar situations with a high CP but a better moveset on a lower CP. How do you choose between the two?

My best catch of the day: 720 CP Tauros! I was thrilled.

Last edited by a moderator:

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • What do you suggest in that case, then? I have been in similar situations with a high CP but a better moveset on a lower CP. How do you choose between the two?
    I keep multiples of one type of Pokémon when I can. In this case, I might use the higher CP Starmie as gym boosting fodder while the other one will stay in reserve and get leveled in case I can't get a better Starmie. I still have a CP500+ Staryu waiting to evolve.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    My best catches, ie Pokemon I caught that don't spawn in my town, Slowpoke, Paras, Jigglypuff and a second Squirtle. I evolved Beedrill and Pidgeot.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Seel was my catch of the day. I managed to capture quite a few different Pokemon at the park, but Seel was definitely one I wasn't expecting.

Back