• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch of the Day

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Gen 2 Pokémon caught so far include Hoothoot (my first gen 2 Pokémon), several Ledyba, Sentret, Furret, Spinarak, Hoppip, Swinub, Murkrow and Xatu. Saw a Sudowoodo on my nearby list just now so I'm off for a walk! :D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    My first Gen II Pokémon was a 1237CP Donphan! And it was all downhill from there so that's probably my best catch today, lol. Missed a Sudowoodo because my game disconnected from the server. ;(

Years
    There's a nest of Chikorita on my way home from work, so I caught about 10 of them before I had to go catch my next bus. Might stop by again over the next couple days to start working my way towards a Meganium.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    There's a nest of Chikorita on my way home from work, so I caught about 10 of them before I had to go catch my next bus. Might stop by again over the next couple days to start working my way towards a Meganium.
    ...lougheed bus loop? :DD

Caught a Skarmory today!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    CP 789 Dunsparce was caught on my way to work yesterday. That was pretty awesome I must say. Decent IVs though.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I just got back into Go a few days ago and I caught a bunch of new Pokemon. Whatever updates they've added has made Pokemon more frequent. (There's a LOT more variety too, and not just from the Johto mons)

I got a bunch of Johto Pokemon. (early route mons, Murkrow, Wooper, Swinub and Aipom)

I got my first Meowth today too and a Nidoran female hatched from an egg. I also found a Mr. Mime just a bit away from my house. (Across the road from where I live there's this spot where a group of four Pokemon seem to spawn, all huddled together)

I also just caught a Hoothoot a few minutes ago that turned out to be a Ditto. Is that rare?

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Caught a Sentret nearby my place.

It turned into this mofo.

Catch of the Day

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
    Well with th update and all the new pokes added, I got a few that I didn't have, wobbuffet, cyndaquil, diglett, hoothoot, marull, natu and a couple of others, it was a good day for me catching pokemon.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    Caught a Skarmory yesterday, then discovered it was in the 10km egg group so I'm well happy I found a wild one as I don't seem to get many 10km eggs.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Not a catch but my 10km egg hatched today. It was an Omanyte.

I also caught my first Machop and Teddiursa today. I saw a Sudowoodo and a Hoppip but I couldn't find them.

and I discovered that my local Tesco is a hotspot for wild Pokemon. I've never seen so many Pidgeys in one spot before.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Town Centre/Lafarge Lake (took an indirect route home). Also saw a Dragonite at Mundy Park today, but didn't have time to chase after it before work.
    Ahh, that's a bit out of the way for me - I have been seeing some interesting Pokémon/silhouettes at Mundy Park too though!

Caught a Sentret nearby my place.

It turned into this mofo.
    Ditto is kind of making me want to catch every Pokémon I see - they seem to transform into such common Pokémon, like my friend caught one from a Pidgey, Ben caught a Hoothoot that turned into one and now you with the Sentret. I'm trying to save my Pokéballs tho but it's so tempting to catch every Rattata and Pidgey now, haha.

And in other news, finally got that Sudowoodo today. :D

Rin Sohma

Walking on the beach with her Vaporeon
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Mar 31, 2017
    Not today, but I want to tell this story. Last month I went to Japan. I only had wifi (no data) but badly wanted to catch Farfetch'd. Most of my trip was spent in Tokyo, though we went to Osaka for two days, and I read that there was my best bet for Farfetch'd - no luck even with constant wifi access. As we were going through one of the final gates at Osaka Station to leave the city, I turned on the game in a last-ditch attempt and there was a Farfetch'd in the station. He's only CP 174 but I was jumping when I caught him. It was beginning to consume me (I was having dreams about catching it rip) so it was nice to finally be able to relax!

It was actually my second Farfetch'd too- when we went to the Tokyo government building one appeared and promptly disappeared in an "error" when I tried to click it. That hurt, lol.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Girafarig and Gligar for me! I've actually seen Gligar's silhouette a lot at my local bakery but I just never wanted to go outside lol, but yesterday it popped up next to me when I opened the app.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    We have a Yanma nest nearby my home, I was super excited! Caught one that was a CP 224, which is okay, because Yanmas are awesome. <3

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    I caught a 2434 CP Blissey last weekend. It has decent IV's (14/13/6) and Zen Headbutt / Dazzling Gleam. Blisseys are pretty tough to catch, but I lucked out on the first throw.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mareep and Larvitar.

My work place is right next to a small recently park. It is also also a good spawn spot (right now my nest is Vulpix but it has been Totodile, Bulbasaur and Charmander before - five appearing a day.) Within the span of an hour today for no reason at all I had those two appear. The park is also where I had my first Snorlax appear.

There are more gyms or pokestops here but I don't mind. I'll happily take my rare Pokemon spawn spot anyday :)

Back