• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 5: Pokemanz

Years
  • I've been looking around and I'm not finding many things that they have in common, besides what's already been mentioned. I'll keep looking. This challenge is difficult, though.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Volcarona and Nincada share that they cannot learn Attract.

I think that was what all four of them had in common. I was thrown off by you not mentioning Shaymin and Magnemite :P

Though it's too late now

Edit: second set
    064.gif
    048.gif
    137.gif
    044.gif

All are Gen. 1 Pokémon
    All can evolve
    All have 70 base friendship
    All can be found in both Kanto and Johto
    All have a hatch time of 5355 - 5609 steps
    All of them held a Berry when traded to Gen II from Red/Blue (albeit Porygon held a Bitter Berry)

Kadabra and Porygon have both sparked controversy
    Venonat and Gloom are both Poison

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • it was the Attract thing. damn, didn't even notice.

well, we lost the first set. but we have a second to try and win.

Set 2
    Spoiler:

All first generation pokémon? I'll give more guesses once I look into them.

Wobbu

Years
  • Well, with Porygon and Kadabra being included, that eliminates almost all possibilities from the anime and TCG (and maybe manga, idk)

Wobbu

Years
  • ok that wasn't it either... hopefully team 1 guesses wrong again because we can't make another guess until they do

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    All four of them have two feet?

I don't know whether superficial details such as these are counted, but it's the best I can think of haha

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • all evolve differently? idk the base happiness one sound good to me and what marisa found is p good look at that v

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • AHA! They all can't learn moves by tutoring. That's one I could find that isn't glaringly obvious. Another could be how they all have a form of medium rate of EXP growth - 2 have medium-fast, 2 have medium-slow. They also yield EVs for special stats, both special attack and defense. Maybe even the fact that all their Pokedex numbers for each region they've appeared in contain at least one 9. I know these are all silly, but it's all I have.

Disregard the post I deleted.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • all evolve differently? idk the base happiness one sound good to me and what marisa found is p good look at that v
    The normal base friendship is 70. All other values would be somewhat special (0, 35, 140). So I think this isn't it.

AHA! They all can't learn moves by tutoring. That's one I could find that isn't glaringly obvious.
    That's only because the "normal" tutors for the current gen haven't been released yet. Only the Blast Burn etc. & Draco Meteor are in XY.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • GUYS

All of them have a 100% chance of holding a berry in Red and Blue. I don't know if that's it because Porygon holds a Bitter Berry instead of the three holding a Berry.

I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Also, excluding Venonat, they cannot be found in Black.

Last edited:

Wobbu

Years
  • I'm already one step ahead of you :P

All are Gen. 1 Pokémon
    All can evolve
    All have 70 base friendship
    All can be found in both Kanto and Johto
    All have a hatch time of 5355 - 5609 steps
    All of them held a Berry when traded to Gen II from Red/Blue (albeit Porygon held a Bitter Berry)

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Would a reaction to the Fighting type work? 3 resist and one's weak to the Fighting type.

Also, thanks for correcting my error~

Wobbu

Years
  • Would a reaction to the Fighting type work? 3 resist and one's weak to the Fighting type.

Also, thanks for correcting my error~

Nah, unless it was something like all four are weak to fighting or all fourare resistant to fighting. it has to be something that's exactly the same among all four

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Nah, unless it was something like all four are weak to fighting or all fourare resistant to fighting. it has to be something that's exactly the same among all four

Oh :x well I keep finding close calls...first that, now all of them except Kadabra having a 13 total stat in the Pokeathlon...they combo break each other so much, it's getting sort of annoying :x I get 3 with the same thing, then 1 messes it up.

Wobbu

Years
  • I think the biggest issue with these four is that we've already found like eight things in common, but we don't know if any of them are the correct answer. We've already eliminated two possibilities, but there's only one chance for each team to guess, and Team 1 has the advantage since we can't guess again until they make their second guess.

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • Wait, all gen 1 pokemon.... can someonce check the GBC Pokemon Pinball game? I've got a hunch...I search as well.
    Nevermind - had a brainfart. All 150 were obtainable in that game -.-'

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Hopefully Team 1 gets this wrong... So one thing is sure, the answer is common but not obvious. I hate that I miss these meetings cause I'm in central time so you guys mainly discuss 1 in the morning... There's nothing much I can say... It has to be something that exclusive applies to this gen 1 group.

Back