• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
I had an idea for a wonder trade challenge, but not sure how to fully lay out the rules other than the first 6 pokemon you get you have to wonder trade and that is your team, maybe 4 instead for HM slaves, not sure. Would not be able to test it till I got a second copy of X/Y anyway, as my original I do not wanna delete for trades, but worth a debate

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
maybe a chellenge with a random dice roller and after every gym you'd roll it andapply the corresponding event?

example...

1. put the EXP share on an unusable HM slave (untill next gym)
2. HM slaves can be used in battle as switch-ins (untill next gym)
3. no HM slaves (untill next gym)
4. Legendaries are OK (untill next gym)
5. no in-battle items (untill next gym)
6. release / ditch a pokemon into the PC and catch a new one (permanently)

etc...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I had an idea for a wonder trade challenge, but not sure how to fully lay out the rules other than the first 6 pokemon you get you have to wonder trade and that is your team, maybe 4 instead for HM slaves, not sure. Would not be able to test it till I got a second copy of X/Y anyway, as my original I do not wanna delete for trades, but worth a debate

We already have a thread for that one, actually.

maybe a chellenge with a random dice roller and after every gym you'd roll it andapply the corresponding event?

example...

1. put the EXP share on an unusable HM slave (untill next gym)
2. HM slaves can be used in battle as switch-ins (untill next gym)
3. no HM slaves (untill next gym)
4. Legendaries are OK (untill next gym)
5. no in-battle items (untill next gym)
6. release / ditch a pokemon into the PC and catch a new one (permanently)

etc...

I feel like I approved something like that a month or so ago? I don't know what happened to it. Or maybe someone else brought up something similar in here. I know that I have seen this kind of idea pretty recently before though...I can't remember who brought it up. :(

Also guys, my copy of Pocket Monsters Green came in the other day! Excuse me while I retreat into the land of bad sprites. And when not doing that, my Pokedex in X is nearly complete. Mainly needing some trade evolutions, Unova Pokemon, and quite a few of the Bank legendaries. Slowly but surely!

Tek

Years
I want to start a breeding-related challenge. I'm not sure to revive this older thread or begin a new one. It seems no one ever challenged or completed it.

The rules are also somewhat different for my idea. Here are the main rules.

Spoiler:

There is also an expert mode.
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Oh yeah, nooo. Don't revive a 2011 thread, haha. That's definitely breaking the rules. But if you wanna make a thread for that now, go right ahead. :)

Necrum, go play all the things now plz.

I'm hoping I get off my lazy butt and finish Y soon, because I want to remake a challenge that has been done 13810 times and always (for whatever reason) dies off. What is it? A secret. Shhh.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd need more information on it than that. :P Though I doubt I'd allow it as an event, but you'd be welcome to make a Superbowl themed challenge in general.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I'd need more information on it than that. :P Though I doubt I'd allow it as an event, but you'd be welcome to make a Superbowl themed challenge in general.

My plan was this:

Based on what I'm assuming this is how it would be. I'm going based on the assumption Denver and Seahawks win and play in the Superbowl, however this can be revised.

Pokemon #1: Well, you're playing in the mile-high stadium, and one of the teams is the Seahawks. It'd only make sense to use a flying Pokemon to get to the top.

Pokemon #2: Mascot Pokemon. You need a cute, little Pokemon to motivate your team to victory! (First evolved form or small Pokemon).

Pokemon #3: Well, what's a football game without the big dude behind you with a beer belly? Also, you need someone to protect your team. Pokemone #3 must be big and bulky.

Pokemon #4: Are you a passing team that needs good weather, or are you a running team that likes it a little chilly. Pokemon #4 must know a move that alters the game field. I.E. Hail, Rain Dance, Sandstorm.

Pokemon #5: Well, you really need speed to win a football game! Pokemon #5 needs to be a Pokemon known for their speed.

Pokemon #6: And, obviously, a game isn't complete without the quarterback. This Pokemon just needs to have arms that look like they can throw a ball. I.E. Sawk, Machoke, Throh.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Pokemon #1: Well, you're playing in the mile-high stadium, and one of the teams is the Seahawks. It'd only make sense to use a flying Pokemon to get to the top.

Pokemon #2: Mascot Pokemon. You need a cute, little Pokemon to motivate your team to victory! (First evolved form or small Pokemon).

Pokemon #3: Well, what's a football game without the big dude behind you with a beer belly? Also, you need someone to protect your team. Pokemone #3 must be big and bulky.

Pokemon #4: Are you a passing team that needs good weather, or are you a running team that likes it a little chilly. Pokemon #4 must know a move that alters the game field. I.E. Hail, Rain Dance, Sandstorm.

Pokemon #5: Well, you really need speed to win a football game! Pokemon #5 needs to be a Pokemon known for their speed.

Pokemon #6: And, obviously, a game isn't complete without the quarterback. This Pokemon just needs to have arms that look like they can throw a ball. I.E. Sawk, Machoke, Throh.

Shouldn't the mascot be a Pokemon to represent the mascot of the team? For example, using a Feraligatr for Albert (Florida) or Donphan for Big Al (Alabama). Other than that, it seems nice. I wouldn't set it as an event though, because I have an event planned and I don't want consecutive events. Feel free to make this one though. :) Or just wait and see who makes it to play in the Superbowl first, so that it can go with both teams.

Well someone already beat me into making the Greek mythology challenge, that sucks ;~;

Aww sorry. :(

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Haha yea, I'll just keep it in case if the other one ever goes inactive or something :P
But I'm maybe gonna give it a try since It's an idea I also wanted to do :D

And oh? Did I read event? I'm excited about this one :3
Is it a Valentines event?? :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No, I'm finally gonna do an Easter event actually. :) Look forward to March! That's all you get to know for now though! Can't be giving away my secrets.

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
I have two challenge ideas that are pretty similar, but one might be kind of easy and one might be pretty difficult.

My first is that when your Pokemon tries to learn a move, you have to a teach that Pokemon the move. The problem with this is that it's a pretty exploitable rule (i.e. keep 3 good moves, keep forgetting the bad move), so there has to be another rule in place to put another limitation. Any ideas?

Second challenge is that your Pokemon has to keep the first four moves it obtains (i.e. you catch a Rattata with Tackle, it learns Leer, Quick Attack, Bite, those are your four moves), but I'm not sure if this is the this-is-tough-but-fun kind of difficult, or the beat-your-head-against-the-wall kind of difficult. Perhaps maybe 1 TM / HM per Pokemon, not totally sure though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
My first is that when your Pokemon tries to learn a move, you have to a teach that Pokemon the move. The problem with this is that it's a pretty exploitable rule (i.e. keep 3 good moves, keep forgetting the bad move), so there has to be another rule in place to put another limitation. Any ideas?

I've thought of this before myself, actually. Or at least something similar. My take on it is that when a new move comes along, you have to learn it and delete the oldest move you have.

Take Torchic in RSE for example. You've got Scratch, Growl, Focus Energy, and Ember. Peck comes along (I think...or does it evolve before idk I don't feel like checking lol). You'd delete Scratch in favor of Peck, and then when you evolve it to Combusken and it starts learing Double Kick, Growl goes in favor of Double Kick. Would make for a difficult challenge really, since there may be times you have one damage-inducing move or no STAB moves.

Imagine doing this in RBY with all the useless and weak moves everything learns...and how it's not as often you have level up moves in those games...EW.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Second challenge is that your Pokemon has to keep the first four moves it obtains (i.e. you catch a Rattata with Tackle, it learns Leer, Quick Attack, Bite, those are your four moves), but I'm not sure if this is the this-is-tough-but-fun kind of difficult, or the beat-your-head-against-the-wall kind of difficult. Perhaps maybe 1 TM / HM per Pokemon, not totally sure though.
I actually made this as my first challenge thread back in the day.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=286059

I thought it was a pretty interesting and different concept, and it did get a little traffic, but I don't think there's much demand for this kind of challenge. If anyone wants to resurrect it, good luck.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hey, I'd totally sign up for the one I was talking about. Just putting that out there. I've got some gen V games free, so why not? Been looking for other challenges to do, but still not sure. Wanna restart another challenge, but I wanna use Y for it, so I need to beat Favorite on there first before I do that.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
I'd do the "must replace oldest move" one. If anyone is gonna make a thread, just remember "No TMs" needs to be a mandatory rule, as they would defeat the point of the challenge imo

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
It's a cool idea. I don't know if having to remember your oldest move would put people off, even though it's really not that difficult, but anyone is free to make it if they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back