• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Champion of champions............

The champion of champions ( all 4 generations taken together)

• Trainer Blue ( Pokemon Red , Blue , Fire Red , Leaf Green )

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Lance ( Gold , Silver , Soul Silver , Heart Gold )

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Steven ( Ruby , Sapphire )

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • Wallace ( Emerald )

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Cynthia ( Diamond , Pearl , Platinum )

Votes: 34 42.5%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I didn't recall the poll mentioning other games outside of the 4th gen. =/

But yeah, this actually should go in PGC as it's not HGSS specific, herp. Bit late but... *punts*

And personally - Red (not Blue given he is called Red in GSC/HGSS, so...) - highest levels, the greater challenge than fighting Lance (twice!), and I just prefer him given he was the protagonist from the previous set of games as well.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Cynthia, because she just seems very classy and in Platinum I really like the way she's involved, although if Alder was included, then I'd have chosen him.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Cynthia is my answer. She was the hardest to beat in any of the games. She has a variety of Pokemon that could make the other champions weep.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2011
    Lance; apparently he was good enough to be in 2 different Pokemon Leagues.

Actually, it's the same league, and they share a common location- Indigo Plateau. So therefore Lance isn't as superior as we suspected. HA!

Kelp

<3
    Years
    Actually, it's the same league, and they share a common location- Indigo Plateau. So therefore Lance isn't as superior as we suspected. HA!
    But you have to be super superior to be the champion in a league shared by two regions. ;D

On another note apparently Lorelai and Agatha weren't good enough to continue in the league.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
    I voted Cynthia. I think she's by far the toughest of all the champions, especially when you fight her in B/W where she has two Pokemon that have no weaknesses. But, you forgot to include Alder in the poll. However, I personally find Alder surprisingly easy to beat.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Wallace because water pokemon rule. I hope he's in the rse remakes as champion with a new and awesome water type team! I wish he'd use a swampert instead of whiscash, kingdra instead of wailord and maybe a lanturn instead of tentacruel. And teach his gyarados more physical moves.Quite a list of what should be done to him but the other champions have their weaknesses.

lance- ice beam nuff said
    cynthia- actualy prety good but I recomend her garchomp getting its dreamworld ability rough skin since she doesn't use sandstorm like say... Steven? Come to think of it steven could actualy make great use of a garchomp in the rse remakes.
    alder- half of his team can be taken out by a fire type.
    Not only wallace but I hope steven is also a champion in one of the rse remakes. unlike how hoenn was made for water trainers hoenn will recieve so many new toys to play with in terms of ground, rock and steel types.

Simipour

Geyser Pokemon
    Years
    Cynthia, definitely. Girl power! Also like others have said, she has the most diverse team (and my favorite Pokemon). She could easily take out the others, I believe.
    She didn't come back in BW for nothing... They know we wanted her back.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I'm gonna go for Cynthia. Firstly, she is the only female champion so far (excluding a female player), she was the first champion with a unique team, that beast Garchomp, and best overall design if you ask me. Though I do love Lance's HG/SS clothing.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Wat~~? No Red despite that he is strongest champion of his era? Gonna Pick Blue then. He defeat Lance once. If he want to take the title champion again I'm sure he can do it but maybe he only want to do that if Red is champion instead.
    But competition in one league that oversee two region must be a hard one.

Sorry, but in my book it is:
    Red>Blue>Alder>Steven>Wallace>Cynthia>N
    Despite their team.

Years
    Steven is my favourite champion by far. The only issue I have with him is that he doesn't look, act or talk to the player as if he's the champion. He seems to be like an older version of the player. I think that the two people there that actually act like champions are Lance and Wallace. Only leaving their post when there's something big happening. In that case, I would have to say Wallace, although I prefer Steven over him.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Alder is a dissapointment who makes wallace look that much better. I hope they give both of their champion teams a good changeup for their likely followups in generation 5.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I'd say a champion that is yet to be discovered. Or maybe Gary, the one who became the Champion first.

But I'm going for my first theory.

Years
    Cynthia,cause her Pokemon are hell of tough cookies.She could easily own Lance with her Garchomp,Blue with her Spiritomb.Wallace with her Togekiss or Roserade ans Steven with her Milotic.

Back