• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Champions of the Regions (PG-13)

ultragon

Bone breaker since Gen I
Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    Ok Ace no problem at all and thanks for accepting my SU!

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
    Years
  • Hey guys, just wanted you to know this;

Lilliana - I have contacted you by PM and have asked if you are still interested in the RP. If you are I asked that you look at my response to your SU and make the proper changes. If not done by tomorrow I am sorry but I am going to have to re-open the Unova region for others.

MichaelaTheUchiha - I have already contacted you by PM and you said you would have your SU done by today. Please don't forget! I know there are other people excited to get started and I want to make sure we can do that soon.

Thank you!

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
    Years
  • I'm reposting this because my laptop is like "Oh, I won't let you edit your SU. Hahaha." I am done though. =D

Name: Miharu Mizushima

Appearance: Miharu is called very emotionless at times, due to the fact that she rarely shows emotions on her face aside from apathy, annoyance, and a blank mask. However, she only acts this way around other people; the only time she lets down her mask is when she around her pokemon, or her friends. She is very sarcastic and has a very sharp tongue, but whenever she says sarcasm, she usually does so with a straight face and even tone so others may believe that what she said was not sarcasm. She despises arrogance and will do whatever she can to beat it out of someone. If someone is in trouble, she may not help unless the situation is life-threatening since she believes that sort of experience can either break a person, or let them grow stronger. She will do whatever she can to help a pokemon though. Although she is taciturn, she does say things when there is something important at stake. She also will say whatever is on her mind as she is brutally honest.

Personality: Miharu has long, black hair which reaches to the middle of her back. She likes keeping it in a ponytail so it doesn't get into her eyes and she doesn't have any bangs. She also has purely black eyes which can unnerve people at times, she can use that to her advantage when she doesn't want to be bothered. She has a yellowish skin colour and has very definite muscles from the various martial arts training she has had. She is 5'1" and weighs about 70 pounds. She usually wears all black; a black t-shirt and long black slacks, but sometimes she would mix in a little blue as well. She doesn't own or wear any jewelry or any other accessories.

History: Miharu lived a realitve normal life in her hometown of Pallet Town. She lived with only her mother, her older sister had gone onto a journey when she was ten. She was realitvely famous and as such she wanted to be like her sister. She usually spent most of her time at her martial arts training or befriending pokemon at Professor Oak's lab. As such, she became very sufficent at knowing most, if not all, pokemon. Professor Oak loved having her as an assistant as she was a good student and was very useful in remembering facts quite like the pokedex. She spent most of her time at the lab until she was ten in which she is about to get her pokemon.

Your Region: Kanto

Notes: Has training in several martial arts and has an IQ of 153 (genius). She also has a photographic memory and cannot say contractions nor can she say the word "you".

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
    Years
  • MichaelaTheUchiha: You have a nice SU, however I am sorry but you have been Rejected. I would put you on a Pending state but everyone is eager to get this started (myself included) and I am not interested in waiting on it any longer than necessary. There are other people waiting for a shot.

I am really sorry! Best of luck though!
    Thank you so much for writing that SU. I appreciate it.

(Reason for rejection? I would post it but I am terribly tired right now - sorry. PM me maybe if you are interested in the reasoning?)

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I heard you needed someone for the RP

Name: Joshua Farmer
    Appearance: If Joshua had a theme to his appearance, it would be "simple". He has a buzzed head (brown hair if he lets it grow out), no facial hair, blue eyes, nothing out of the ordinary on his face. He always wears a tee shirt of a solid color, the color changes based on what he's feeling like for the day. With it, he wears blue jeans without fail. He dons white socks and tennis shoes most of the time, but can be seen in flip flops if its hot outside or he's going to the beach. Likewise, he wears hiking boots if he will be in the mountains. He's about 5'10" as of last measurement, and unless he weighs himself right after a Thanksgiving feast, he weighs right around 145 lbs.
    Personality: Josh is very easy to get along with. He's always gotten along with Pokemon too, he just never really tried to go on adventure with one. He always thought it sounded really complicated, a word he never wanted to hear. He's not lazy, he just never has been one for adventuring. Sometimes, his kindness gets the best of him, and he gets into unfortunate situations with people who aren't as nice as him. But, he never gets into anything too serious, and lives a mostly peaceful life. He is a strong believer in trying to befriend Pokemon instead of capturing them.
    History: His dad, a businessman from Saffron City, and mom, a citizen of Lavendar Town, met in Saffron while they both were shopping one day. They instantly fell in love, and a few years later, moved to Pallet Town with newborn Joshua sometime around when Red became the champion of the Kanto Region. They were at his welcome home party. Joshua fell in love with Red's Pokemon, and as a result, the two families became close friends. On some days, Red would take a 10 year old Joshua out and let him see some of the Pokemon. His family even sent him on a summer trip to the Safari Zone in Fuchsia when he was 15. Two years later, he gets a mysterious letter from the champion of the Johto region, wanting him to success the Kanto Champion as one of the strongest trainers in the world. Joshua felt that if he had this role, he would be able to teach many people how loving Pokemon is more important than capturing them, so he accepted the challenge.
    Your Region: Why Kanto, of course.

steffyace

You can call me Meg
    Years
  • Hey there, I would like to reserve a spot please? I will have my SU finished up in a few.

Name: Trinity

Appearance:
    Her dark brown hair is long and wavy, it comes down a little lower than shoulder length. Most of the time it is found put up in a messy bun with two think strands hanging down her face on either side. It is put up that way in a faded red ribbon that is torn and tattered, crying out in desperate need of something new. She has dull blue eyes and pale skin due to the lack of sunlight she has been exposed to in life.

She has a long scar that is spread horizontal across her lower back from a fatal first Pokémon encounter. She was the age of ten when she found a lonely Nidoran during the evening hours. It looked soft and sweet but now, she never trusted any of its kind again. She wears long shirts or dresses to cover the scar in fear that someone might see it - because she is quite embarrassed by the thought. She is the height of 5'8" and fast, quite agile with her thin figure. But it has its downside as well. She can barely hold her on in a combat fight without the help of a Pokémon. She is not very strong with her build, but she does have a strong heart and listens to it the best she can.

Her normal clothing consists of a long length burnt orange shirt that almost touches her knees. Though much like the ribbon in her hair, you can find many holes and rips here and there. Underneath the shirt she wears black leggings with brown rusty buttons down the sides. On occasions where it gets chilly, she wears a sleeved white jacket, it cuts off at her waist. Of course she also has her brown scarf and dark brown gloves to go along with it all.

She seems to always have her black messenger bag close to her side. It holds necessary belongings and any Pokéballs she may have with her. On it are brightly colored letters that spelled out her name. She had white and red sneakers, they had worn soles, but she wears them everywhere.

Personality: Trinity isn't very trustworthy of others. She sees the bad in almost everyone, rather than trying to see the good. She has been hurt in the past by her family as well as a Pokémon so obviously trust won't come easy. However, she has almost forgiven the past experience with the Nidoran and loves all other Pokémon to death. They are her best and only friends in life right now. She will speak kindly to them and to other humans (when she gets to trust them).

Trinity isn't very laid back. She is always on her feet and highly suspicious of others. Whether it is throwing something in the garbage or walking down the street she always thinks to herself; "Something isn't right." This sometimes affects the way she views the world but nonetheless she is a hard worker, who will put all effort into one thing until it is finished. She will never give up on a dream.

History:
    She can't remember most of her childhood due to suppressing it all. She only remembers bits and pieces of what there was. She lived in a complex apartment that was too small for her family. Constant fighting erupted from her siblings and even her own parents. Soon they separated and her mother took her on alone, while the rest of her family chose to stay with their father. She remembers the hard decision everyone had to make that day. She remembered her mother's face when she realized she would be leaving with only one of her three children. Ever since then she wasn't the same, and neither was Trinity.

After that it is all a blur. She struggles to figure out what went on during the time of her toddler and pre-teen years. Now she is fifteen years old and finds herself moved to a new place, the region of Unova.
    Her mother has been saving for years trying to get far away from the rest of the family back in Johto. Trinity doesn't care much what her mother does anymore and sometimes regrets not staying with the father. Then again, when she thinks that she feels guilt because then her mother would be living alone.

Trinity is struggling to start a new life, but when she got the letter from Katrina she was ecstatic. With permission from her mother Trinity set out to become what she has always wanted to be; a Trainer, and the new Champion of the Unova region.

Your Region: Unova

Last edited:

AceOfChance

➝ Koala... an evil koala
    Years
  • steffyace: Excellent ^-^ You are Accepted as the Unova Trainer.

We have all the Trainers needed!
    We can finally get started. I will post the first chapters for the regions in a moment.

You may change up as much as you like, however please refrain from changing spoken words and the looks of a building/person.
    Remember, the Chapters are Guidelines. How they play out is your decision.

Post Limit: 1
    (Only one for introductory purposes. After this, the sky is the limit!)

Though you yourself are able to chose the Pokemon you want, you character will not know who they got until they open the Pokeball! Keep that in mind.

Kanto | Chapter 1
    Spoiler:

Johto | Chapter 1
    Spoiler:

Sinnoh | Chapter 1
    Spoiler:

Hoenn | Chapter 1
    Spoiler:

Unova | Chapter 1
    Spoiler:

Please Note: As we move forward the Chapters will be more In-Depth

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    (*Clears throat* Here I go!)

His hands shaking as he looked at one of the only letters his family got that day. He read it, re-read it, re-re-read it, just to make sure whatever it was he was reading was true. Was this a practical joke? He hoped it wouldn't....once more, he read it.

Dear Trainer, if you are reading this you are one of the Five chosen.
    Chosen for what? You may ask. Well, first let me introduce myself. My name is Katrina, and you may know me as the Champion of the Johto Region.
    I, as well as the others, decided we need fresh new Trainers to fill our places. We are not old, nor tired from the constant battling. Instead, we just feel like the world deserves a change. We have been watching a lot of people throughout the Pokemon World and decided to call up a chosen Five. We will give each a chance at our positions and if, only if, they can beat each Gym Leader, the Elite Four, and the Champion of the Region. This task may seem impossible because you don't even have a Pokemon at the moment. That will all change. If you choose to accept this, which I am sure you will, go to your nearest Laboratory and a Professor will give you all you need by my instructions. Only one question remains; are you up for the challenge?​

HIs head swelled a little bit and he rushed back into the house, a large grin on his face. "Mom, mom!" Tyler shouted to his mother as he barged his way back into the house. His mother at the sink, jumped a little bit, looking over her shoulder and brushing her brown hair from her face.

"What's wrong, Tyler?" She asked, her overbearing motherly instincts kicking in and rushing forward. "Are you hurt? Did you break your leg? Are you ill?" She asked, inspecting over her son.

Tyler sighed a little bit. He was used to his mothers over protective nature, but sometimes even IT was overwhelming for him. "No mom, I'm fine, but look at this! I just got a letter in the mail!"

She grabbed it from her son and read it to herself, mouthing the words out. Her eyes narrowed as she reached the end, and stood stock still. She pursed her lips a little bit, her grip on the paper tightening and crumpling it (Somehow NOT tearing it), and finally said, "Absolutely not."

Tyler's heart dropped, and his eyes widened. "But mom-"

"No buts, young man!" She shouted. Tyler recoiled; he had never heard his mother raise her voice at him. "YOu're not leaving and that's final!"

"Mom, that isn't fair! I'm one chosen of the ENTIRE region! There's only 4 others, I have to go! You can't deny me that privaledge!"

"I can too, I am your mother young man!" She scolded again. "And watch your tone of voice, do not yet at your mother!"

"That's not fair!" he finally shouted. She recoiled as well; she wasn't used to him shouting at her. "Katrina said I was one of the chosen! Im the chosen of HOENN! Do you realize how big this is!"

"Well this "Katrina" can find someone else to be the "chosen" one, because you're not leaving young man!"

And so the fight continued for the two of them. His mother, Ronanda, argued that if he left, he would just end up another dead beat like this father, and that he would be disgracing his family if he did. He argued right back that everyone else in the town had left to be a trainer years ago, and even then trainers weren't bad people. If anything, they GREW, they learned, everything else! He wasn't going to learn all that HERE. He wasn't going to acheive anything still living under his mothers roof for the rest of his life.

He hadn't even seen a Pokemon his mother would let near. The closest things he ever played with were the Bidoof that sometimes made it into town, and even then she shooed them away. He was neglected of an outside life, and sometimes he longed for more. Sometimes he was thankful he didn't sing for this exact reason...

So finally, FINALLY, what seemed like days (realistically, Hours), he managed to talk his mother down. She was reduced to a blubbering mess in the corner of the living room, crying that she was a horrid mother for neglecting her son, while Tyler reassured her she was a fine mother, but she was a little too....clingy. He needed more in life, and even then he'd make more friends like this.

Minutes of silence later, she finally said, "Fine." She choked out, "You can...you can go."

So the next day, carrying a rather huge backpack full of too much stuff for him. She was seeing him out the door, lecturing him the whole time. "...And I want you to call me everytime you get to a new city, or Video call me! Send me a letter every day, change your underwear often, don't bathe too much in the river if you're able, be sure to eat both breakfast, lunch and dinner, get 8 hours of sleep-"

Tyler's eye twitched. "Okay mom, I get it, I get it, I get it! I'm going to leave right now, okay?" He asked as he finally opened the door.

She whimpered a little bit and bit her lip. "O-okay..." She whimpered alittle bit. Both were silent before she wrapped her arms around her son. "Please be careful..." The tears were coming full on now. Tyler sighed and hugged her back.

"I will mom," He said, "I promise I'll be safe, and I'll make you proud."

She nodded a little bit and gave him a kiss on the forehead. "Go ahead..."

And with a grin, Tyler rushed out the door to the white bricked building with the worn roof, he was greeted by someone wearing a white lab coat, a full beard and brown hair.

"Ah!" The man said, "You must be Tyler. It is a pleasure to meet you. Katrina's told me a lot about you."

She has? Tyler thought to himself as Birch approached him. How much did this "Katrina" now?

"Let me introduce myself," he said with a warm smile on his face, grabbing Tyler's hand and shaking it, "My name is Professor Birch. Welcome to th Littleroot Labratory."

"I'm Tyler," The boy said, "Tyler Brons. Pleasure."

Taking the boy by the shoulder, Birch brought him to a table with a strange container. Inside are three Pokeballs. "Here," The man said, "Choose one of these Pokeballs."

Tyler bit his lip and looked over at him. "How will I know which one to choose?"

The man gave him a smile that reassured him a little bit, adding, "Katrina said you will somehow know."

Tyler looked over at the three Pokeballs. Reaching his hand out, wincing. Any Pokemon he chose would be his first, his partner, his friend through this whole thing. So, he grabbed the Pokeball near the back. He stared at if for a moment.

"Well, go on, son!" Birch urged, "Open it!"

Oh, right, that part. He clicked the little button in the center of the ball and watched in surprise as it nearly tripled in size, fitting in his entire palm. It opened with a click, and with a rush of energy, light flodded out and in front of him.

The new creature that appeared was short and green. It looked like a lizard, bumpy little fingers and toes. A red underbelly, going from his stomach to its neck, with bright, yellow eyes and two green lobes resembling tails. It took a deep breath and chirped its name. "Treecko..."

Tyler grinned a little bit. Heh, it was kinda cute! The Treecko looked around for a moment, getting a semblence of sense and looked up at the two tall humans in front of it. Tyler grinned and knelt down in front of the Grass lizard. "Heh..." he chuckled. "Hey there little guy. My name's Tyler, and we're gonna be the best of friends."

Treecko just stared at him.

Tyler stood back up and turned his attention back to the Professor, who was now holding up a little red device out to him. "This is a Pokedex. It records the data of different pokemon you encounter! He gave him the little device, which Tyler stared at.

"Well!" the Professor laughed as he grabbed dTyler by the shoulder and shook him a little bit. "You have your Pokemon, you have the Pokedex, I'd say you're about ready to hit the road, hm?"

"Yeah..." Tyler said with a gulp. Treecko looked up at him, "I guess..."

"Oh, don't worry son," The prfoessor said. "Everyone is a little nervous when they're leaving for their Pokemon Adventure. Just remember this, kid...' He walked with Tyler to the Door, "That it may seem like a big, scary world out there, but in the end it's a great adventure. You'll meet new Pokemon, new friends, and who knows what else? It's a great, big world out there..."

For dramatic flair, he opened the door on the sunny day, making Tyler's eyes widen.

"Make the best of it."

And so, pocketing his Pokedex and looking down at the still confused Treecko below him, Tyler took a deep breath, and walked off to the wild.

It was time to start his adventure...

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • "Joshua! You got some mail!" a voice called out.

Joshua awoke from his slumber, gave a nice big yawn, and rubbed his eyes. He looked at his Hoothoot Clock in the corner of his room. "10:00 already? Looks like I overslept!" he thought to himself.

With another large yawn, he slowly got out of bed. He could smell pancakes downstairs, which prompted him to proceed down the stairs a bit faster. He entered the kitchen to find his mom setting the table for him, with a nice stack of pancakes and a tall glass of milk at his usual seat at the table.

"Mom, I'm 17 years old, I know how to take care of myself. You don't have to set the table for me!" Joshua politely complained to his mom. He then saw the letter that was next to his food, and his mind forgot about the delicious pancakes he was about to engulf. He picked up the thick envelope. The envelope had a very official looking seal taping it shut in the back, a golden Pokeball with a big 'J' on it. "That's odd," he thought to himself. It looked almost identical to the seals he had previously seen on most of Red's letters that they received while he was still Champion of the Kanto Region. The only difference was a 'K' where this one had a 'J'. Joshua could only assume this was from the champion of the Johto Region. But why would he be sending Joshua a letter?

With a puzzled look on his face, Joshua broke the seal. A thick letter fell out of its envelope. He slowly read it.

Dear Trainer,

If you are reading this you are one of the
    Five chosen.

Chosen for what? You may ask. Well, first let me introduce myself. My name is Katrina, and you may know me as the Champion of the Johto Region.

I, as well as the others, decided we need fresh new Trainers to fill our places. We are not old, nor tired from the constant battling. Instead, we just feel like the world deserves a change. We have been watching a lot of people throughout the Pokemon World and decided to call up a chosen Five. We will give each a chance at our positions and if, only if, they can beat each Gym Leader, the Elite Four, and the Champion of the Region. This task may seem impossible because you don't even have a Pokemon at the moment. That will all change. If you choose to accept this, which I am sure you will, go to your nearest Laboratory and a Professor will give you all you need by my instructions. Only one question remains; are you up for the challenge?

Sincerely,
    Katrina
    Champion of the Johto Region

Joshua's expression quickly changed from one of confusion to one of shock. He couldn't believe this! Why would he, of all people in the world, be chosen as the single trainer to challenge Micaiah, the only person ever to have beaten Red and the current Kanto Champion? He thought that Red must have something to do with this, Red either saw something in Joshua that he himself didn't see yet, or he wanted revenge. But Red wasn't that kind of person, so Joshua concluded that it must be the former.

"Mom, read this letter!" Joshua exclaimed.

After reading it through a couple of times, his mother started to tear up. "Oh, honey, I'm so proud for you! I'm going to miss you so much! Promise you'll always call me or send me letters. And make sure you take care of yourself! Oh, don't forget to pack clean underwear!" she cried. "Oh, I've got to tell Delia!"

While she ran to the phone to tell Red's mother about the news, Joshua went upstairs to pack his stuff. He really didn't know what he felt now, and this sort of startled him, but he was sure that this is how every beginning Pokemon trainer felt. Hoisting his bag over his back, he returned back downstairs.

After telling his mother goodbye for what seemed to be the fiftieth time, he trotted next door to the Pokemon Laboratory. Inside, he dodged all the scientists running about in the lab and made his way to the back, where an old gentleman in a white lab coat that he knew all too well smiled at him.

"Ah, Joshua! So good to finally be having this talk with you. I'm glad you could make it!" Professor Oak spoke. "Welcome to the Pallet Town research lab." He walked Joshua over to a cluttered desk, where three Pokeballs and a box lay motionless. Oak motioned Joshua to the balls.

"Joshua, it is now time for you to begin your Pokemon Adventure. And to do that, you will need to take a Pokemon with you. At the Pallet Town lab, we offer three choices, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. Now, take one!"

"But professor, how will I know which one to choose?" Joshua asked.

Professor Oak chuckled and patted him on the back. "Almost word for word what Red said when he began his journey. And I will give you the exact same advice. Follow what your heart is telling you. All three would make great partners for any trainer. That is why we offer them."

Joshua looked at the three Pokeballs, each with a picture of the Pokemon they contained behind them. He could take the Charmander on the left, who Red's rival Blue chose, or he could take the Bulbasaur opposite Charmander, that Red himself chose. And there was always the Squirtle in the middle. All three of them looked great.

Joshua closed his eyes. "All right, I choose you, Charmander!" he said, reaching to the left and picking up the Pokeball. It felt warm, just like Charmander. Joshua smiled, he felt much better, and already felt like he made the best choice.

"Go on, open it!" the professor exclaimed.

Joshua clicked the small button in the middle of the ball. Instantly, it grew to the perfect size to fit in his hand. He pushed the button again, and with a red flash of light, the Lizard Pokemon appeared from the ball. It yelled "Char Char!" and looked at Joshua with a joyous expression.

"Joshua, this Charmander will be your first of many partners that you have on your journey. Be sure to collect lots of different types and species of Pokemon. It will give you the best opportunity of becoming a great trainer." Oak lectured. "Now, here, take this Pokedex" he continued, reaching into the box that lay next to the remaining two Pokeballs. "This is a Pokemon encyclopedia. However, it starts blank. It is up to you to fill it with information on all kinds of Pokemon that you encounter. Nobody yet has completed the Pokedex, not even Red. But, I see something special in you, Joshua. I think that you can complete this Pokedex. Now! Go home! Show your mother your new Pokemon. She is going to miss you. When you are ready, leave to the north. Viridian City will be the first stop on your way to Pokemon greatness!"

Joshua listened to the Professor and said goodbye to his mom yet again. He slowly walked past the yellow brick building, past the houses of his role models, and onto Route 1, where he would start his adventure.

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • OOC: I won't be able to make a quality post tonight, so I'll have to do it tomorrow, at around this time or maybe later. I apologize =P

ultragon

Bone breaker since Gen I
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2011
    "Azul you have mail!"
    (Azul rushes down the stairs so fast he almost falls)
    "..No name? Who could it be from?"
    (He continued you to open the later nevously and curiously)

Dear Trainer, if you are reading this you are one of the Five chosen.
    I, as well as the others, decided we need fresh new Trainers to fill our places. We are not old, nor tired from the constant battling. Instead, we just feel like the world deserves a change. We have been watching a lot of people throughout the Pokemon World and decided to call up a chosen Five. We will give each a chance at our positions and if, only if, they can beat each Gym Leader, the Elite Four, and the Champion of the Region. This task may seem impossible because you don't even have a Pokemon at the moment. That will all change. If you choose to accept this, which I am sure you will, go to your nearest Laboratory and a Professor will give you all you need by my instructions. Only one question remains; are you up for the challenge?​

"..Mom..t-they chose me I get to go on an adventure with pokemon!"
    "I'm happy for you sweetie you have always wanted to go and travel with pokemon."
    "Yes but it means I can't help you anymore."
    "I'll be fine don't worry this what you want."
    "Yes thank you I love you good bye!"

Azul got his jacket and ran to the Pokemon lab

"Ah Azul finally your here! I am Prof.Elm glad to meet you!"
    "Hello I got a letter telling me to come here. I couldn't be happier to go on a journey."

Prof.Elm chuckled with joy and shook Azul's hand and then ran to the table almost tripping

"You are quite the eager one well pick a pokeball from the table but choose wisely..this will be your first pokemon."

Tyrun stared at the pokeballs for awhile and reached for the one on the left. He clicked it with his finger and it grew and a Cyndaquil came out and ran under the table in terror.

"Hey little guy don't be scared I wanna be your friend."

Cyndaquil turned and looked at Tyrun scared but then he seemed to become much happier. He ran towards Azul and jumped on his chest.

"Haha well aren't you friendly I'm glad I let you out."
    "Well Azul it seems Cyndaquil took quite the liking to you."

Prof.Elm then thought Azul must have a good heart of Cyndaquil likes him as that Cyndaquil didn't like anyone.

"Now Azul take this too."

Azul is handed a strange red device.

"What is it?"
    "Its a pokedex it records the data on all the pokemon you have caught."
    "Oh cool thanks proffessor!"

As he walked to the door he felt a strange aura in Azul it felt like a rage, but Elm knew Azul had a kindness in him he could feel that he knew he would take care of his pokemon that is why he was chosen after all.

"Well Azul time for you to leave have fun and remember no matter what you run into you can over come the challenge."
    "Thank you for the advice proffessor and thank you for the pokemon."
    "No need to thank me my boy just trying to find loving trainers for these pokemon and tell Katrina I said hello when you meet her."
    "...I will don't worry.."

Azul left the lab and headed towards Route 29.
    Cyndaquil shuddered and then said his name for the first time.

"C-Cyndaquil?"
    "Yes Cyndaquil I'll take care of you...No matter what. Got it?"

Azul left with Cyndaquil on his shoulder the two seemed to be getting along quite well they knew their next destination. Violet City.

Last edited:

Cooker

As free as my hair
    Years
  • Walking into the grandeur kitchen, Charlie slid into one of the leather stools at the marble counter, beckoning to his mother, who was tending to a plant basking in the sunlight next to the giant window behind the sink, to make him food. She turned around, her round face beaming.

"You've got a big fancy letter Charlie," Mrs. Caps enthusiastically told her son, joyously waving a large white envelope. "It looks important- it might be from a college or something!" Charlie snatched the envelope from her, rolling his eyes.

"So fish would be awesome, thanks for asking," the boy sassed, while still tearing open the envelope, his masked curiosity slightly unmasking itself. "Alomomola is preferred." He found a letter inside, and his eyes quickly tore down it as his mother started searching through the enormous refridgerator.

Well come on, we all know what it said.

A cocky smirk spread over Charlie's lips, satisfaction pumping through his veins.

"AND... I'm being recruited to replace the Sinnoh champ, no big deal." His mother turned around once more, a silver platter with already-sliced fish ornately laid on large lettuce slices. Her eyes rivaled the moon, and her jaw made a comic O.

CRASH. The platter fell to the ground, the fish flying everywhere. One the family's Houndoom was quickly on clean-up duty.

"Don't worry about that, mom. I'm just gonna go grab a few things and I'll be on my way." Charlie was upstairs back down in less than ten minutes, enoguh time for his mother to scan the letter for herself. He had a backpack slung voer his shoulder.

"Oh Charlie! I'm so proud of you, and I know your father will be too!" She pulled him into an obsessive embrace, which he barely reciprocated.

"Yeah, tell him I said bye, since I'll be out on fame's trail and whatnot." The situation may seem unrealistic to most people, but Charlie Kaps had complete control over his parents and was free to do whatever he pleased, including spontaneously leaving on a adventure to become a League Champion.

"I'll be needing some cash though..." With teary eyes his mother scuttled to her purse and retrieved a wad of cash, the outermost layer the equivalent of a Ben Franklin. Charlie pocketed it casually and opened the front door.

"I'll contact you if I run low." And then he pulled the door shut behind himself. Off to Sandgem!

---

The Professor's lab was easy enough to locate, and Charlie let himself in. A white bearded man in a lab coat over his dress clothes caught his eye immediately, as multiple other people dressed uniformly in lab coats were scattered through out the laboratory and seemd to blend into the background. The old man walked up to Charlie.

"You must be Charlie," he began, gesutring for the boy to come further in. "I'm pleased to meet you. Katrin's told me a lot about you. Let me introduce myself, I'm Professor Rowan.

"I've never even met Katrina myself, if I'm going to be honest, but I'm not surprised she knows about me," he explained, shaking Rowan's hand. The professor led him to a table that was holding up a flat machine on which three Pokeballs sat. Wonder and anxiety pulsated through his body, and this only enhanced when the professor sad:

"Here, choose one of the three Pokeballs." Charlie had the greedy instinct to take all three, but suddenly wondered if this some sort of test. Of course he didn't want his opportunity revoked, so he politely inquired:

"How do I know which one to choose?" Almost to a comic effect the old man rubbed his beard, postulating an answer. A few moments of silence passed.

"No idea. Go with what you feel is right, I suppose." Bleh, no help. Impulsively he grabbed the left ball. Upon pushing the button in the middle, it doubled at least in size. With excited eyes Charlie looked up to Rowan, who nodded. He pushed the button again. A red beam shot to the flood, and there stood...

"Turtwig! This one's particularly playful, I think you two will make an excellent team." He spoke the truth- the grass turtle was now running in circles, chasing its thick tail and looking ridiculous.

"Doc, what makes you think I'm playful?" he asked, regretting his decision already. Playful, like a child...children were annoying. "Is it too late to swap? You got any more serious guys? Maybe one that's doting and obedient?" Chuckling, the Professor walked to another table, ignoring Charlie's question. He held out a red machine-book-dealy.

"This is a Pokedex, it records the data of different Pokemon you will encounter!" Rowan practically shoved the 'Pokedex' into Charlie's arms, probably expecting such an enthusiastic response as to match his own. But Charlie really could care less about the instrument.

"Okay, thanks... Well, I'm gonna head out now, I've got people to see, places to go, battles to win. Seeya, Doc." And Charlie left the lab with a new Turtwig trotting on his heels.

"Listen bud." Charlie stopped and looked down at his Pokemon. "Listen to me adoringly and don't be annoying, and we'll be just fine. Fail to do so may result in your abandonment." But the Turtwig simply stared blankly into Charlie's eyes, before hopping onto his back two feet and falling onto his shell, his stubby legs kicking at the air. Oi.

Back