• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Change username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Improfane

hiatus
Years
    • Seen May 24, 2010
    How do I change my username?

This is a joke. I try deleting my account, you don't let me, you don't even let me change my name.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • You can't. The ability to get your name changed was stopped in late February, because of the server issues associated with it.

If you really want a name change, I'd suggest just creating a new account. But heck, I don't know why you' want to. "Improfane" is such a lovely name. xD

Ghost

[b][color=orange]ツ[/color][color=teal][i]In the Ma
    Years
  • He's only tring to delete his account.
    Some advice, ABANDON IT!

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • :( Here is what you need to do.
    Provided you're wanting to change your name . . . I'm not really sure what you're asking. :x

1.) Get a new email.
    2.) Switch this new email here so it is set as your email on your Pokécommunity account ("Improfane").
    3.) Start a new Pokécommunity account with your desired name and current email as the registration email.
    4.) Start using the new account and abandon "Improfane". =]

That's the only way you can change your name now that the staff have stopped changing names for members. =[

And you said something about deleting your posts . . . if you are ashamed of your old posts or something and don't want a record of them, you go ahead and delete them all, but be advised it will take forever, and staff will still be able to see them.
    Also, administrators simply don't delete accounts at request. Just don't even try. :<

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • We do if you're using them to sock-puppet...

Creating multiple accounts doesn't really hurt the server as much as changing usernames did. From what I understand of the situation, it's a huge stress on the server to go through and change every single post or other what-have-you a user makes to a new username. Multiply that by all the requests the admins got everyday, and there's gonna be a problem.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • We do if you're using them to sock-puppet...

Creating multiple accounts doesn't really hurt the server as much as changing usernames did. From what I understand of the situation, it's a huge stress on the server to go through and change every single post or other what-have-you a user makes to a new username. Multiply that by all the requests the admins got everyday, and there's gonna be a problem.

Ah I remember those days. With the server crashing so much that you needed to copy all your long posts just incase the server crashed. If it did you would paste it into the message box a few hours later.

I do remember that time when the server was down for an entire week.

But however if so many people request it why not do something like having only one request forever, and only doing them a few times per week?

Last edited:

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • How do I change my username?

This is a joke. I try deleting my account, you don't let me, you don't even let me change my name.

But jokes are funny. D=

Will just have to delete my posts and get an infarction.

This must be a joke! The only way this would make any sense at all is if you were trying to use this as a threat? Otherwise I don't know why you'd go to such lengths as deleting your posts. Oo You can't erase your existence here, the second you made your account, there will always be traces that you were here, even if you delete your own posts. If you want to go and individually delete all 220 that's fine, we won't infract you, but staff will still be able to see them.

Tinhead Bruce said:
    If you are going to get banned on purpose, you'd be best off asking an Admin. If you're just a bad Community member, you won't have much credit with the staff once you come back.

We actually don't ban people because they ask. Experiences in the past have had us doing this, and then the member coming back a day later and being all "k I don't wanna be banned anymore", so we stopped.

Scales said:
    But however if so many people request it why not do something like having only one request forever, and only doing them a few times per week?

It was getting to the point where every single name change we made could potentially ruin PC. I'm not 100% about the exact reasoning, so you'd have to go look it up in the threads about it yourself.

Anyways, there's not really a point in leaving this open since the answer has been given. So, closed I suppose.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back