• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Chaos Black (1337 march '05)

How many hacks?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Ooh its back.
    I remember this hack making me want to go into hacking myself, so thank you for the hack you have made!
    your sprites are pretty good, but your maps aren't that good to be honest.
    Well BOL on the hack!

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Dear god i bought this game in China and it was horrible!! I don't even know if it was actually Chaos black. The cover art was of Chaos from sonic, so i was like..what the hell? And then you couldn't get past the first cave, and all the pokemon were terribly wrong. Some grass type looking pokemon would learn fire moves and stuff...anyways...

This hack does look pretty good though. I was pretty surprised to see how it is, since i recall the game being...different.

Years
  • Dear god i bought this game in China and it was horrible!! I don't even know if it was actually Chaos black. The cover art was of Chaos from sonic, so i was like..what the hell? And then you couldn't get past the first cave, and all the pokemon were terribly wrong. Some grass type looking pokemon would learn fire moves and stuff...anyways...

This hack does look pretty good though. I was pretty surprised to see how it is, since i recall the game being...different.

Well that's because a stupid pirate released the alpha of CB, and didn't know about pokemon. Thus making me, Enix, and the hack famous lol... I would have waited for the Beta. The Alpha wasn't that pretty, the Beta is beautiful--note the screenshots--so maybe the pirates will release it again, except this time maybe actually put a pokemon on the boxart XDD lol

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    To be honest, when i first played this hack i thought some dude just went crazy w/ the map and sprite editor, but i played it for a while i found that its acualy quite an alright hack...this being all over youtube, this hack acually got me into playing pokemon hacks.

I cant wait for the next beta, and JW to come out

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Ooh its back.
    I remember this hack making me want to go into hacking myself, so thank you for the hack you have made!
    your sprites are pretty good, but your maps aren't that good to be honest.
    Well BOL on the hack!

All the maps have been redone. But that doesn't mean they are good though XD

Dear god i bought this game in China and it was horrible!! I don't even know if it was actually Chaos black. The cover art was of Chaos from sonic, so i was like..what the hell? And then you couldn't get past the first cave, and all the pokemon were terribly wrong. Some grass type looking pokemon would learn fire moves and stuff...anyways...

Its called progress.

Well that's because a stupid pirate released the alpha of CB, and didn't know about pokemon. Thus making me, Enix, and the hack famous lol... I would have waited for the Beta. The Alpha wasn't that pretty, the Beta is beautiful--note the screenshots--so maybe the pirates will release it again, except this time maybe actually put a pokemon on the boxart XDD lol

No, it made YOU and the hack famous. Im just hiding in the obscure over here. :(

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • I have a question for you folks. Do you have an IM name or website or something I can forward people to. Random Crazy Noobs keep asking me if I'm mewthree from Chaos Black, and its getting really really REALLY annoying.

I even had to put it my signature who I am NOT.

Years
  • Dear god i bought this game in China and it was horrible!! I don't even know if it was actually Chaos black. The cover art was of Chaos from sonic, so i was like..what the hell? And then you couldn't get past the first cave, and all the pokemon were terribly wrong. Some grass type looking pokemon would learn fire moves and stuff...anyways...

I have a question for you folks. Do you have an IM name or website or something I can forward people to. Random Crazy Noobs keep asking me if I'm mewthree from Chaos Black, and its getting really really REALLY annoying.

I even had to put it my signature who I am NOT.

Lol, my msn is [email protected], site will be up soon https://mew3iex.mooo.com/

-------------------------------
    Chaos Black (1337 march '05)

Well I've fixed just about all the bugs... Waiting for Enix to get online. For ferther progress.. ENIX WHERE ARE YOU???? XD

Last edited:

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Lol, my msn is [email protected], site will be up soon https://mew3iex.mooo.com/

-------------------------------
    Chaos Black (1337 march '05)

Well I've fixed just about all the bugs... Waiting for Enix to get online. For ferther progress.. ENIX WHERE ARE YOU???? XD

i AM online. Where are you?

Anyway, if those bugs are fixedthat means this is the most progress for the past year and that we can start getting into the meat of it. Awesome.

Wow, for the first time for a LONG time you can actually get past the first non starter town. PROGRESS!

ok, so i took some screenshots to compare teh two games, and i must say that the origanal chaos black is bad. Worse than bad. Almost unplayable. And the town maps? Same as fire red. How could anyone play the alpha?

check front post for comparison (when the server with the images comes back up)

Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
  • Yeah I remember playing a Chaos Black I downlaoded and it crashed or something a bit into it and I just thought well that's off in ma recycle bin.

Hope to see the screenies though, It sounds like it's been updated loads :)

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Yeah I remember playing a Chaos Black I downlaoded and it crashed or something a bit into it and I just thought well that's off in ma recycle bin.

Hope to see the screenies though, It sounds like it's been updated loads :)

screens are on the first post of this thread. (there are also a couple of otehres around on the thread, but the best ones are on the first post)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Oh, really? Is it back, and with mewthree as well? That's good, now I'm sure it'll stay online for a long time. And by the looks of the first post's screenshots it seems to have improved (although I'd expect a bunch of new stuff, but I'll be more patient)

Question: Is Samson still helping you guys? because I think he improved a lot on Pokemon creation. It'd be nice to see his creations here.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I've seen this hack all around the internet before, and I was pretty impressed with it, except the thing that it was unfinished. Now it looks MUCH better from the images, videos and reviews that I've seen before...

I hope that this hack makes a very big comeback.

Keep up the great work, Mewthree and Enix-Zae!

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • Oh, really? Is it back, and with mewthree as well? That's good, now I'm sure it'll stay online for a long time. And by the looks of the first post's screenshots it seems to have improved (although I'd expect a bunch of new stuff, but I'll be more patient)

Question: Is Samson still helping you guys? because I think he improved a lot on Pokemon creation. It'd be nice to see his creations here.

i hope so, ive been trying to get in contact with him, with little luck.

and wjat do you mean bunch of new stuff?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I was one of the unfortunate souls to actually buy it for the gameboy advance at a flea marker for $15 bucks.
    Good to see it back in action, and hopefully I won't fall for the same ploy again? xD

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Wheee....When I first saw this, I thought it was crap...I paid for it after all...xD
    But...now I know about hacking?
    Well, this is...dunno....AMAZING maybe?
    Keep it up!

~Edo~

Yu-Gi-Oh GX & Edo Phoenix Fan
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    wow Enix-Zae! this hack is very good and very nice XD.
    Fakes: good ^^
    Luck!
    Good Bye!

Years
  • Well I think Enix-Zae is mapping alot... He better be lol. Our scheduals clash, I'm ready to get the Beta released.. If I get in touch with him today. I plan to have the Beta released in a week(dreaming big) to two weeks. I just need to focus.

Mew3 Inc EX needs a web designer to make us a layout if anyone is interested, tell me ASAP. If not I'm going to have to make it, that will take even more of my hacking time..

Here are the progress stats...

Beta Stats:
    -

Events: 88%

GFX: 90%

Maps: 97%

Text: 95%
    -
    (Note: these are stats for the beta only, not the full game... The stats for the full game would probly be a very small fraction of these stats lol)
    -

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back