• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Chapters 1/2

Best format for FTE? (Details: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9938264#post9938264)

• Option 1: One story, one map

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 2: One story, two maps

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Option 3: Two stories, two maps

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
We should probably wait and see what the next maps are before deciding on how to split up the teams.

Regarding Fire Emblem and recruiting enemies: It's a common thing in the series to recruit enemy units to your side, and usually you do it by having a specific unit (often the protagonist) talk to that unit. It's less common to recruit enemy commanders, but it still happens, although usually they don't join you until after you clear the map/beat them. There's also one instance I can think of where an enemy commander "joins" you, only to betray you later.

But I will give Sliggoo a chance. However, I would like to make it clear to Mr. Swamp Lord that if he so much as thinks of screwing us over, I will hunt him down and kill him myself. Violently.

Hmm... Garchomp vs Goodra.... That's a good matchup honestly...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2022
We should sell the Cut HM once everyone who wants to learn the move has done so. Right now Krakonos is the only one who can use it and with Truant, it really hampers his ability to attack anyone, much less Annoying Trees. I had a though regarding a certain move to get around that but it doesn't work in the games and if it doesn't work in the games, it won't work here unless Lycan permits it lol.

Also remember we can sell items we haven't used or that we are unlikely to use in the future.

PS: You'd dump Felix for Dawn in a heartbeat ;)

Also, seeing as we will be getting two maps(and hence two groups) for Battle#3, anyone have suggestions for how to divide the team up? To decide, I think its best to determine our overall composition:

1 Fire: Mozilla
3 Normal: Krakonos, Alex, Susato
3 Grass: Lily, Linus, Bulbasaur
2 Water: Coral, Cuddles
3 Electric: Mags, Priscilla, Felix
1 Rock: Hit
1 Ground: Nah
No Fighting
No Bug
No Ice
2 Steel: Mags, Lutin
1 Dark: Elwind
2 Psychic: Robin, Rinnia
3 Ghost: Mercy, Linus, WooWoo
1 Dragon: Nah
3 Fairy: Coral, Lutin, Mercy
1 Poison: Bulbasaur
1 Flying: Hit

So knowing above, here's what I'm thinking. We have 20 participants atm(AFAIK) so we'll have even teams and I tried to divide the Reviver Seeds and typings as best as I could. Anyways....

Team#1: Mozilla, Susato, Rinnia, Linus, Felix, Mags, Cuddles, Nah, WooWoo Elwind
Team#2: Alex, Coral, Lutin, Mercy, Hit, Priscilla, Bulbasaur, Lily, Krakonos, Robin

Hence Team composition is:
Team#1: Fire, Normal, Psychic/Fairy, Grass/Ghost, Electric, Electric/Steel, Water, Dragon/Ground, Ghost and Dark. 1 Reviver Seed + 2 Heal Pulses
Team#2: Normal, Water/Fairy, Ghost/Fairy, Rock/Flying, Electric, Grass/Poison, Grass, Normal and Psychic. 1 Reviver Seed + three people able to heal themselves if Coral gets Aqua Ring and Lily keeps Absorb or has Mega Drain.

Each team has a Steel Type, has anti-Ghost/Psychic means with Dark/Ghost moves, anti-Electric with 1 Ground type in Team#1 while Team#2 gets two Grass Types. Anti-Grass with me on Team#1 while Team#2 gets Hit and Bulbasaur. Anti-Steel for Team#1 with me but Team#2 will struggle on that(particularly since your Water type that does normal damage is weak to Steel). At least Electric, Dark and Ghost harms it for normal damage(or moves that deal fixed damage like Robin's Psywave). If anyone has team suggestions for Battle#3, feel free to chime in during Intermission.

I believe there is a second fire type joining the fun.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
But I will give Sliggoo a chance. However, I would like to make it clear to Mr. Swamp Lord that if he so much as thinks of screwing us over, I will hunt him down and kill him myself. Violently.

Sliggoo.png
"My my, aren't you a brave one, little dragon. Or should I say foolish? Funny, how often those go hand in hand."

Sliggoo-happy.png
"Don't you worry though. Life may be dull here occasionally, but I won't give it up for all the swamp grass in the world!
Following you along for your entire journey sounds like a hell lot of effort to backstab you. I'd even need to think of a good reason to do that first, way too much trouble."

PS. You won by the way! :D I merely need another day or so to finish up the Intermission.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I should mention that while that dialogue from Sliggoo works on Light backgrounds(like Shooting for the Sun), it does piss poor on Dark backgrounds(like Soaring to the Moon). Keep that in mind for future reference, although I'm not sure if there is a way to make it background neutral.

In any case, I'm curious as to how much XP we will get from Battle#2. I'm leaning towards 5, maybe more due to number of Enemies but if Lycan has like 4-5 more Battles planned, then we may level up to 50(or higher) by the time the final battle rolls around.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
I should mention that while that dialogue from Sliggoo works on Light backgrounds(like Shooting for the Sun), it does piss poor on Dark backgrounds(like Soaring to the Moon). Keep that in mind for future reference, although I'm not sure if there is a way to make it background neutral.

In any case, I'm curious as to how much XP we will get from Battle#2. I'm leaning towards 5, maybe more due to number of Enemies but if Lycan has like 4-5 more Battles planned, then we may level up to 50(or higher) by the time the final battle rolls around.

I really thought I made my CSS dark theme friendly. Apparently not, thanks for letting me know!

"4-5 more Battles planned". Haha, good one. There most likely will be at least another eight. ;]

Lycanthropy

Years

Hey everyone! Since the game is still sort of in development, I'd like to present you with some changes to the system again before we dive into the intermission.

"Patch notes":
1. Starting the next chapter, we will try out two battle maps per chapter. This option clearly won the poll and I'm pretty excited to try it out myself too actually!
2. Remember there was a time limit? The 72-hour round limit has been degraded to a "soft limit". In practice, it is simply not possible to stick to this as a solid rule. When people are clearly still discussing the best strategy, I don't want to make it feel like I'm rushing things along without giving an opportunity to coordinate with your allies. Additionally, I have a life too (shocking, I know) and sometimes it is simply not possible to make an update on a certain day. I like to think of these 72 hours as a guideline still though!
3. Some minor tweaks that most likely do not impact the game all that much, but are probably still good for balance:
- Paralysis now only cuts the Movement in half (instead of lowering it to 2) as seen in Gen VII.
- Thunder Wave now has 90% accuracy (used to be 100%), since this too was apparently changed in Gen VII.
- Flamethrower now targets in Line 3 (used to be Rn shot).
- Detect now has 2 PP (used to be 3).
- Incinerate now has 2 PP (used to be 1).
- Intimidate now cuts opponent's Attack in Burst around the Pokémon (used to be only adjacent).

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hmm Flamethrower with Line 3... definitely getting that even though I loved the thought of a Rn Shot. Whether to get Flame Burst too along with Ember... decisions to make ugh... Changes in Paralysis are a positive outcome though because to drop from 6 to 2 really does suck lol. Clover will like the Intimidate change but something tells me that we'll be getting a few Pokemon who know it as enemies in the coming battles heh. Also I think you broke the Forum with that CSS lol... *or the Forum broke the CSS*

I also saw, before the post was deleted due to being broken lol, that Meta was still around(AFAIK he couldn't continue due to RL. Bonus if he's back though), Brewmaster as Charmeleon(granted I couldn't see our level's or his moves), and Epilogue was still Solstice(and hadn't changed to his new flavor of the month in Bulbasaur(or Ivysaur)). Patiently waits for full Intermission :P

Last edited:
Years
I take it FTE will do the two map portion by having a separate thread for the other map? If that's the case, which one will be the main thread for discussion until the two maps begin?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
The new FTE topic is either one of three possibilities.

1) Its a log of this particular thread so that if anyone wants to quickly find phases of a battle they can do so.

2) Lycan is planning to lock this thread seeing as we're approaching 1200 posts(which is a lot) and is "archiving" or linking to past actions here.

3) The new thread will act as the thread for one group while this one continues the mantle for the other so as to separate progress and discussion.

Of those three, I'm leaning towards #2 since... well why not? Three does make sense but I'm leaning #2. In any case, when he's fixed the CSS/Intermission, we can get back to deciding on what to do and where to go.

Lycanthropy

Years
Heyo folks! This thread is getting quite laggy for lengthy posts and it didn't even want to accept my Intermission post (hence a bit of a delay, apologies for that). Instead, we will use the fresh Main Thread for this game, which will act as the center for all general Fire Type Emblem related discussion you may have after the party splits into groups (in separate threads), as well as Intermissions (which is up actually, go check it out!) and other situations where everyone is together.

On top of that, you can also find all information you might need, including a brand new chapter index and an updated glossary!

So that makes it both #1 and #2 for you, Code. ;]

Clover will like the Intimidate change but something tells me that we'll be getting a few Pokemon who know it as enemies in the coming battles heh. Also I think you broke the Forum with that CSS lol... *or the Forum broke the CSS*

Not necessarily, I just found Intimidate rather underwhelming the way it was now. Felix literally never got to use it so far.

I also saw, before the post was deleted due to being broken lol, that Meta was still around(AFAIK he couldn't continue due to RL. Bonus if he's back though), Brewmaster as Charmeleon(granted I couldn't see our level's or his moves), and Epilogue was still Solstice(and hadn't changed to his new flavor of the month in Bulbasaur(or Ivysaur)). Patiently waits for full Intermission :P

Whoa, spoilers! Skystrike actually managed to get things back on track and is ready for action again! Revise simply hadn't let me known anything prior to just a couple of hours ago, so I had just put him there as Solstice.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Hah I love being somewhat right. Guess we should lock and un-sticky this at some point while adding Featured Tag to the new one no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back