• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Characters you want in? (Smash Bros. Brawl)

What do you think of Sakurai's latest updates on SSBB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years
    Yeah, well torchic is in a pokeball, right? So I doubt that it will be in a pokeball or as a playable character, i'm afraid...:(

I've heard from a website and the website said that the makers of SSBM thought (ok, i know i'm a bit confusing)... that the models for both Sheik and Ganondorf did work, but I think he should just get another moveset. Let him use his sword for crying out loud!

Yeah, i've heard that too! :) Here is a quote from Eiji Aonuma, the director of twilight princess:

I've been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they've had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We're working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

However he does not say if they will be bosses/assist trophies or characters, or if shiek will be separate from Zelda as a character.

I've also heard that Krystal will be in it in some form (character or assist trophy) as her voice actor said something about working on her voice for Brawl, and then Nintendo contacted her and told her to not tell everyone secrets about the game and it was made all hush-hush. Confusing I know but i'm no good at explaining things! :)

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    What do you guys think of Sakurai's latest updates on SSBB?

Let's see..... There really has not been any character reveals lately. And yes, it looks like all he's updating is everything that were in the E for All Expo. So, what do you guys think about the updates?

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    Everything except his updates are annoying. The only annoying update was the delayed release of the game. I'm waiting for an update saying "Dr. Mario joined the brawl!". Then I know I'm going to pwn at Brawl. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to do with regular Mario. He's obviously keeping some things secret. Like when the snapshot mode was revealed, there was a blurred out purple option. The best update was when he released Stage Builder and Custom Brawl mode. Two things I expected out of Melee.

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
    Im thinking this is the SS for Wii right?

Well all the characters have been revealed for it in the latest Game Informer, I'll list them all for you guys.

NEW

Pit {Kid Icarus}
    Wario {Super Mario Land 2}
    Ike {Fire Emblem: Path}
    Zero Suit Samus {Metroid: Zero}
    Pokemon Trainer {Pokemon Red/Blue}
    Diddy Kong {Donkey Kong}
    Meta Knight {Kirby's Adventure}
    Snake {Metal Gear}
    Lucas {Mother 3}
    Sonic {Sonic The Hedgehog}
    King Dedede {Kirby's Dream Land}

There are some assist's that appear, "friends of the family"

Little Mac {Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!}
    Excitebike {Excitebike}
    Mr.Resetti {Animal Crossing}
    Andross {Star Fox}
    Devil {Devil World

Original Cast is coming back
    Mario
    Link
    Kirby
    Pikachu
    Fox
    Samus
    Zelda
    Bowser
    Donkey Kong
    Yoshi
    Peach
    Ice Climbers

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    The update for Ice Climbers' Final Smash was sort of anticlimactic. (Always wanted to say that!) They high-five and a glacier (Iceberg as the move is called) appears out of nowhere. It clashes with the New Pork City stage. (New Pork City? Looks like Sakurai hates New York.) I've also realised when the new Donkey Kong stage was revealed, it was a remake of the Ice Climbers stage in SSBM.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    A lot of the updates lately have been minor features from E for All, Sakurai has just been catching them up for those that missed the Expo.

Though, even if these were new information, a lot of the updates of late have been lackluster, nothing that really strikes out the rest. Perhaps he is leading up to something big, or this is just a boring slump while he clears out menial updates before release (since it is said, with a few exceptions, that secret characters won't be shown on the site until then, and how Melee went, that's possibly half the cast or more...).

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I actually think there will be no character reveals for this month. (If there is, it'll be on like, November 30th or something.)

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
    >_>;, guy's I just gave you the character reveals from the magizine "Game Informer" should I take a picture of it? I'm pretty sure they are accurate with there information considering they have screenshots of the character's in game.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    >_>;, guy's I just gave you the character reveals from the magizine "Game Informer" should I take a picture of it? I'm pretty sure they are accurate with there information considering they have screenshots of the character's in game.
    You're talking about Sonic right (that's what I got because it's the only bold character on the list)? If so then I'm sorry, but that news was old news over a month ago.
    Might want to check this site more often.

Anyway, IMO the updates from the site are just stalling for time now. See if the game launched when it should have the updates would have ran out just on time. But now you got little things like "Color Changes", nice to see some of the color changes but that looks like a stall to me. Or "Smart Bomb" or "Training Mode".
    To me he's going to have to cut back on the updates. Maybe 3 or 4 per week, because he is going to run out of updates soon.

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
    You're talking about Sonic right (that's what I got because it's the only bold character on the list)? If so then I'm sorry, but that news was old news over a month ago.

Nah, not just sonic, basically the people listed under "new" that I posted. Its not a big deal, lol, i'm not that big of a SS fan, but I thought that tidbit of information would appeal to the fans.

ComNerd

Prof. L
    Years
    • VA
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    WHO CAN'T WAIT FOR Super Smash Bros. Brawl!

ME! ME! ME!

It gonna be the greatest game ever, and the color changes are cool, but they still havn't updated Luigi :(

But I can't wait till Feb. 10th, cause it will be out!

And I'm gonna get it, I'm going CRAZY!

Brawl will be awsome, And multi player will be cool...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well, it's not as if we don't have enough threads about SSBB in Other Games, but seeing as this is Other Chat, it'll have to be moved.

moved​

Years
    Haha.... good luck getting it, I pre-ordered it last month, and I don't even have a Wii! But... that's what Christmas money is for... xD

Years
    SUUUUPER SMAAASH BRROTHERS......BRAAAAAAAAAAAAWL! I CAN't Wait!:D It's just too ding-dong bad I don't have a wii (u can call me a n00b but don't PM me saying "Noob!:laugh:") My faves.
    character
    https://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/pokemon_trainer.html
    Assist trophy
    https://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/assist/assist11.html
    stage
    https://www.smashbros.com/en_us/stages/stage13.html
    music
    https://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music07.html
    pokeball
    https://www.smashbros.com/en_us/items/mball/mball03.html

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2014
    Have they even released that Luigi is going to be in it? I really hope he is, I enjoyed how much of an oddball he was in Melee and I hope they bring him back.

gameplay

Beginning Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Good thing he did two updates on the site today, Nov. 23. One was one VERY minor update, with charged shots. The other is Lucas's Final Smash.

King Boo

Hauted Artist
    Years
    Charcters:
    Master Cheif (Halo 3)
    Garret (Golden Sun)
    Issac (Golden Sun)
    Elite (Halo 3)
    Brute (Halo 3)
    Grim Reaper

Items:
    Sword (Halo 2,3)
    Gravity Hammer (Halo 3)
    Frag and Plasma Gernade (Halo 3)

Trophies:
    Hunter and Grunt (Halo 1,2 & 3)
    Golden Dialaga Statue (Pokemon Diamound)

PokeBall:
    Toxicraock

Last Boss:
    Bowers Hand

HARD: 2X Bowers Hand

Misson Last Boss:
    Giga Bowser
    -Master Chief
    -Issac
    -Mewtwo

Years
    playable:
    Marth-Fire emblem
    Roy-Fire emblem
    Tails-Sonic the hedgehog
    Cloud Strife-final fantasy VII
    Knuckles-sonic the hedgehog
    Chrono-chrono trigger
    Wolf O'donnell-star fox
    Mega Man-mega man
    Ryu-street fighter
    Steven-pokemon r/s/e
    rival(gary)-pokemon r/b/y
    Leon S. Kennedy

Assist trophy:
    Drill man-mega man
    Saria-LoZ:OoT

Pokeball:
    Rayquaza
    Arceus
    Palkia
    Diagla

BONUS ROUND!
    Use the little critters you find in D/P and the pkmn trainer can use em!
    Skyhunter104

Quidoo

Previously called Jason22
    Years
    Hmmm...a thought has just hit me! :\
    Will unlockable characters have their part in the Subspace Emissary? I don't think it will be fair if they don't. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back