• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Chase's Super Silver Playthrough

Sirfetch’d

Today is the day! Today is the day that I get to relive one of the greatest experiences of my childhood on a handheld system once again. I am finally getting the chance to replay my original generation 2 game, Pokemon Silver. Let's dive right into this shall we!

Update 1:

I started my journey like any other boy, I wake up and am tossed right into the world of Pokemon. My day starts with me going downstairs to greet my mother. She gives me my Pokegear and explains to me how to use the phone, even though I told her I knew how. Gee mom, I would have preferred breakfast! Anyways, she tells me that Prof. Elm is looking for me so I head out to see what he wants next door at the lab.

Filled with excitement, I enter the lab and Elm starts explaining to me that he needs me to go and speak with Mr. Pokemon. I wonder where Mrs. Pokemon is? Anyways he gives me the choice of 3 adorable Pokemon. It's a tough choice but I went with the blazing Cyndaquil and named him Clover. I head out now on my official first task and meet with Mr. Pokemon. Cyndaquil and I bond on the way there and he even grows a few levels!

I arrive at Mr. Pokemon's place after about 20 minutes of adventuring(and being poisoned by Weedles) and am given a mystery egg from Mr. Pokemon himself. However, that isn't even the exciting part. Prof. Oak is also there and he gives me a Pokedex! Wow thanks! I guess I am officially a trainer now. After Mr. Pokemon kindly heals Clover, I head back to New Bark Town and on my way Prof. Elm calls me in a panic. I must hurry.

A bit tired now, I'm nearing the Pokemon Lab when a mysterious(and quite rude) trainer stops me. He challenges me to a battle with a Totodile. The type matchup is not in my favor but I am easily able to get a win. He mumbles something and then heads on his way.

I arrive back in New Bark Town and as I enter the lab I am greeted by a policeman. He thinks I am the apparent thief? Wow way to judge! Prof. Elm quickly backs me up and we explain the situation. It appears the jerk who I battled is the one who took poor Totodile. I guess not much can be done now though so we push this issue aside.

After talking with Prof. Elm about the egg and one of his aides giving me some Poke Balls. I head on my journey to Violet City. I started thinking that I may as well make use of these Poke Balls and catch Clover a partner. After some brief searching I found an adorable Sentret. I catch her on the first try and named her Penny.

To be continued.....

Team:

Spr_2s_155.png

Clover
Lv: 7
- Tackle
- Leer
- Smokescreen

Spr_2s_161.png

Penny
Lv: 3
- Tackle

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
omg cute I LOVE GEN 2 SPRITES i love Penny, let her evolve pls

Sirfetch’d

Update 2:

Ok picking up where we left off last time, we are now headed to Violet City! It's now time to start becoming a serious Pokemon trainer facing many obstacles such as trainer battles. In fact, my first trainer battle was against Youngster Joey! His team wasn't too much of a test for Penny. I make my way up through this route and then decide to check out this place called Dark Cave and spoiler: it's dark.

I enter the cave and almost immediately I run into a Zubat. I defeat it and then leave. I explored the surrounding area and ran into my next teammate, Pea the Bellsprout! She isn't going to be too helpful early on but should be a solid help later. After training her up a bit I decide to go back and grab a Zubat because I will need a nice Pokemon that can learn Fly later in the game. I quickly encounter one and after catching him I name him Nosferatu.

I train up the team a bit and then make my way to Sprout Tower. I breeze through this as most of my team resists Bellsprout. I once again ran into that punk with the red hair before beating the elder and getting a free HM for Flash!

After departing from here I decide to check out the Ruins of Alph. I knew my team wasn't quite ready for the gym so I thought I could train up a few levels here. Doing the Kabuto puzzle was really nostalgic. After taking out a dozen or two Unown(poor things) I make my way back to the city and get ready to take on the gym.

Heart pounding, I decide to enter and test my strength. The first two battles were relatively easy for Clover and Penny. Nosferatu and Pea have to sit this gym out as they aren't much help here. It is now time to face a man named Falkner. To our surprise, he was fairly easy to beat! I guess that's what you get for using an illegal Pidgeotto, eh? He gives us our first badge and a TM for Mud Slap(yay?).

To be continued....

Team:

Spr_2s_155.png

Clover
Lv: 12
- Tackle
- Leer
- Smokescreen
- Ember

Spr_2s_161.png

Penny
Lv: 10
- Tackle
- Defense Curl

Spr_2s_041.png

Nosferatu
Lv: 9
- Leech Life
- Supersonic

Spr_2s_069.png

Pea
Lv: 10
- Vine Whip
- Growth

Sirfetch’d

Update 3:

Here we continue our adventure and make our way out of Violet City. However, before we leave I am set to meet up with one of Prof. Elm's aides. I wonder what he wants? I arrive at the Pokemon Center and he presents me with the egg from earlier. I am instructed to care for it and allow it to hatch! So what do I do? What any good trainer would do here. I box it. (Mean I know but Togetic is unusable in gen 2)

Ok now we head south below Violet City. I am making my way downtown walking fast faces pass and I'm Azalea bound. A young lad stops me and gives me a Miracle Seed. I thank him for his gift and continue on my way after attaching it to Pea. I decide to explore the route a bit before being rudely challenged by this Picknicker on the phone. I handed her a rough defeat!

After I cleaned up all of the trainers on the route I decided to Pokemon hunt. I knew exactly what I wanted and found it. Squirts the Wooper, welcome to the team!

We now make our way through Union Cave which tbh, was an excellent place to train up Squirts. Now it is time to head for our next destination, Azalea Town!(or city?) either works!

To be continued....

Team:

Spr_2s_155.png

Clover
Lv: 13
- Tackle
- Leer
- Smokescreen
- Ember

Spr_2s_161.png

Penny
Lv: 11
- Tackle
- Defense Curl
- Quick Attack

Spr_2s_041.png

Nosferatu
- Leech Life
- Supersonic

Spr_2s_069.png

Pea
Lv: 12
- Vine Whip
- Growth
- Wrap

Spr_2s_194.png

Squirts
- Water Gun
- Tail Whip
- Slam

Sirfetch’d

After a good night of sleep, we finally reach our destination of Azalea Town! The town is not as flowery as I expected, huh! Unfortunately I cannot challenge the gym just yet because there is a problem down at Slowpoke Well. Now being the curious person I am, I decided to go investigate.

I head my way down to the well and things got interesting. Apparently Team Rocket is back. I had heard stories as a kid but this was real. At first I was scared but though "hmm...maybe it is my time to be a hero". After 4 quick battles, I wipe the floor with these scrubs. Man Clover really came through here. He really ran through the last battle and *gasp* evolved!

After saving the Slowpoke I make my way towards the gym. Considering I have both a fire and a flying type this one wasn't too bad. Bugsy fell in defeat immediately. I get me a shiny new badge, a TM for Fury Cutter and then I am on my way to Ilex Forest.

To be continued.....

Sirfetch’d

I love Ilex forest!!! It's so calm and has all of those good headbutt trees aaa

Anyways, will update with team in a bit! Didn't have access to sprites earlier.

Sirfetch’d

Had a busy weekend but time to update this baby.

Update 5:

It's been a fun journey so far. We now have two badges and my team is beaming with confidence. We know a long road lies ahead of us though so we waste no time and continue on.

As we arrive at the Ilex Forest gates, that jerk with the red hair shows up again. Of course he wants to prove his strength in a battle but my team is ready! We accept his challenge and through the power of friendship(and Bellsprout walling Croconaw) we are able to win easily. He makes some snide comments and continues on his way. We decide to make a brief check in at the Pokemon Center and then continue on.

After resting up and eating some lunch, we arrive at Ilex Forest. It's a rather dark and somewhat spooky place, but not too bad! Off in the distance we spot a worried young lad and ask what is wrong. Apparently his Farfetch'd has wandered off and does not obey him. We decide to help him out and in return his boss gives us a nifty Cut HM! Now we can cut down that pesky tree blocking our way. We clear out the tree, explore the rest of the forest, and then make our way towards Goldenrod.

As we exit the forest, we immediately see a bunch of new challenges on the horizon. My team, as eager as always, are all ready to take down these trainers. We challenge and defeat everybody on the route. After taking down the last trainer, Penny starts acting differently. I turn to her and she is evolving! My little Sentret has blossomed into a powerful and fast Furret.

We finally arrive in Goldenrod and what is the first thing we do? Stop for a break and heal? Of course not! We go shopping! Too bad mom didn't send us her credit card. We make our way to the 5th floor and pick up some nifty elemental punches TMs. Squirts and Penny now know some sweet new moves. These will definitely help out in the gym battles!

After we finish shopping and training around Goldenrod and surrounding routes, we decide to challenge Whitney. We knew this was going to be a challenge but were ready. After taking out her Clefairy with ease, it was time to fight Miltank. It took effort from everyone but after a few good minutes, the cow was down and out. We are now owners of the Plain Badge!

To be continued....

Team:

Spr_2s_069.png

Pea
Lv: 17
- Vine Whip
- Growth
- Poison Powder
- Sleep Powder

Spr_2s_194.png

Squirts
Lv: 17
- Water Gun
- Ice Punch
- Slam
- Mud Slap

Spr_2s_041.png

Nosferatu
Lv. 18
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Bite

Spr_2s_162.png

Penny
Lv: 18
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Quick Attack
- Headbutt

Spr_2s_156.png

Clover
Lv: 18
- Tackle
- Leer
- Smokescreen
- Ember

Last edited:

Sirfetch’d

Ok! I've made quite a bit of progress so update time!

Update 6:

We have the Plain Badge in our hand and it is time to move forward. I stop by the Pokemon Center to heal the gang up after a tough fight and to get some rest myself. We head north because we heard through the grapevine that there is a man named Morty looking for us in Ecruteak City.

As we approach the route that leads us to Ecruteak we see a tree blocking our way. We get closer and it starts to shake. I am a bit scared that a tree suddenly starts shaking. We decide to head back to Goldenrod to see if anyone knows what is going on. A lady tells us that if we spray water on the tree it will attack us. My Pokemon and I decide to give it a shot and as soon as we let the water loose, the tree attacked! But it wasn't really a tree...It was a Sudowoodo! I decided to catch the Pokemon and add it on my team. His name is Cupcake.

We arrive in Ecruteak shortly after and make our way to the Pokemon Center. I made the hard decision of boxing Pea the Bellsprout due to the fact that Leaf Stones are post-game. She waved goodbye to the team and headed off to the cyber Pokeland.

After a brief rest we train up in the routes around Ecruteak and at the Dance Studio. After a few battles both Nosferatu and Squirts evolve! The team is really growing up. We grind a bit more on wild Pokemon and then head to the gym. We are ready.

The gym presents us with quite a few tough trainers and a dark puzzle to reach Morty, but it was no challenge for us really. We roll through the gym and are ready to face the leader. We get through his first two Pokemon easily and then he sends out his signature Gengar. Squirt falls to a deadly Hypnosis + Dream Eater combo. I send out Nosferatu to hit him with a Confuse Ray and after a few self inflicted confusion wounds and a couple of Bites, down goes Gengar. Penny handles his last Haunter with ease. After a solid victory, he presents us with the Fog Badge and a TM for Shadow Ball!

To be continued....

Team:

Spr_2s_195.png

Squirts
Lv: 22
- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Slam
- Dig

Spr_2s_156.png

Clover
Lv: 21
- Tackle
- Quick Attack
- Smokescreen
- Ember

Spr_2s_162.png

Penny
- Ice Punch
- Thunderpunch
- Shadow Ball
- Return

Spr_2s_042.png

Nosferatu
Lv: 23
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Bite
- Confuse Ray

Spr_2s_185.png

Cupcake
Lv: 21
- Rock Throw
- Mimic
- Flail
- Low Kick

Sirfetch’d

I haven't defeated any more gyms yet but figured I'd post an update anyways!

Update 7:

We now have the Fog badge so the possibilities for us are endless. We can head to Olivine next or take a detour and explore the routes above Mohogany Town. After a quick talk with the team, we decide to head East!

After crossing the gates from Ecruteak a large sea lies ahead of us. I hope on Squirts back and we being surfing towards Mohogany. A few trainers are out and ready to battle. At first we thought this might be a pretty tough outing since we are a bit ahead of ourselves here, but they were no match. We easily swept them and continued on. After checking out the tiny town, we head north. There isn't a whole lot to do here and we don't want to advance too far so we check out the patches of grass. We see a few wild Flaaffy and Girafarig and then suddenly a Venonat appeared. I knew I just had to catch this baby and add her to the team. I tossed a Poke Ball, caught her, and then named her Goggles!

We had back to the Pokemon Center and heal up before heading back to Ecruteak. Squirts takes us back across the water and then we start heading towards Olivine. The trek to the city wasn't bad considering we had already made this adventure earlier and defeated the trainers. As we arrive in Olivine that red haired punk leaves the gym and starts talking trash again. As usual we ignore him and move forward. We explore the city, do some training in the lighthouse, and as we reach the top Jasmine stops us to seek our assistance. She needs us to head to Cianwood and get some medicine for Amphy so he can light up the lighthouse once more. We depart on our next adventure.

To be continued...

Team:

Spr_2s_048.png

Goggles
Lv: 20
- Tackle
- Poison Powder
- Confusion
- Supersonic

Spr_2s_156.png

Clover
- Tackle
- Quick Attack
- Smokescreen
- Ember

Spr_2s_195.png

Squirts
- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Slam
- Dig

Spr_2s_042.png

Nosferatu
Lv: 24
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Bite
- Confuse Ray

Spr_2s_185.png

Cupcake
- Rock Throw
- Mimic
- Flail
- Low Kick

Spr_2s_162.png

Penny
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Return

Sirfetch’d

Worried about the health of Amphy, we waste no time making our way to Cianwood. We depart from Olivine and head across the sea. We see quite a few trainers on our way and use that as an opportunity to get stronger. After taking out pretty much every swimmer in our path, we arrive in Cianwood. This is such a lovely little beach town!

We arrive at the pharmacy and the nice guy running the place knows exactly what we need. I'm a little skeptical at first because this looks like a plain house. Shady much. He kindly gives us the Secretpotion and we stock up on other supplies while we were at it. We thank him and then leave his place.

Before heading back to Olivine we decide to take on the gym while we were there. Being a fighting typed gym, my team had relatively good matchups vs the gym trainers. Goggles handles most of them on his own but Clover and Nosferatu played a hand too. We take out everyone before fighting Chuck. Once we reach Chuck he shows off his own strength by tossing a boulder. A bit cocky if you ask me. After he finishes gloating we challenge him to a battle. Goggles takes out his Primeape and then Squirts takes care of his Poliwrath. 5th badge obtained!

After resting up the team, we arrive back in Olivine. We make the long trek up the lighthouse once more and give Jasmine the medicine for Amphy. Amphy bursts with joy and Jasmine thanks us for our help. She tells us that she is waiting at the gym for our challenge.

We arrive at the Gym and are ready. No trainers here it is just us and Jasmine. I love this. I thought at first this would be a tough battle but Squirts was able to handle this gym alone for the most part. Steelix did prove to be a bit too strong for him alone and Clover had to come in and finish Steelix off with an Ember. We took town Jasmine though and now have 6 shiny badges!

To be continued...

Team:

Spr_2s_048.png

Goggles
- Tackle
- Poison Powder
- Confusion
- Supersonic

Spr_2s_156.png

Clover
- Tackle
- Quick Attack
- Smokescreen
- Ember

Spr_2s_195.png

Squirts
- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Amneisa
- Dig

Spr_2s_042.png

Nosferatu
Lv: 25
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Bite
- Confuse Ray

Spr_2s_185.png

Cupcake
Lv: 23
- Rock Throw
- Strength
- Flail
- Low Kick

Spr_2s_162.png

Penny
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Return

Sirfetch’d

Picking up from where we left off last time, we continue on with our journey and head east for Mohogany. Once we arrive back in this quaint little town, things are apparently a bit odd. The residents seem to be in a panic about the Lake of Rage. We decide to go investigate this ourselves. Sounds like Team Rocket is up to no good.

We arrive at Lake of Rage and encounter this oddly colored Gyarados. As we approach it the beast decides to attack us. In a panic I toss the Poke Ball and catch it. Heart racing and everything, we surf back to shore. Once we make landfall a man in a black cape approaches us and tells us that an odd radio signal is forcing Magikarp to evolve. This is not cool.

We leave Lake of Rage and head back to Mohogany to assist this guy in taking down whoever is behind this. Of course we quickly find out it is indeed Team Rocket. We team up and take town their hideout. However this is not the end of them. It seems they are just getting started. Lance thanks us for our help and we part ways.

Our next challenge is to take down Pryce. As we get into battle with him I immediately realize that this will be a challenge. We are quite weak to Ice and Water types which he uses. However with good strategy, we take him down. Shout out to Penny for being the MVP here. 7th badge obtained. We have almost conquered Johto!

To be continued....

Team:

Spr_2s_048.png

Goggles
Lv: 29
- Sludge Bomb
- Poison Powder
- Confusion
- Stun Spore

Spr_2s_156.png

Clover
Lv: 28
- Tackle
- Quick Attack
- Smokescreen
- Ember

Spr_2s_195.png

Squirts
- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Amneisa
- Dig

Spr_2s_042.png

Nosferatu
Lv: 29
- Leech Life
- Supersonic
- Bite
- Confuse Ray

Spr_2s_185.png

Cupcake
- Rock Slide
- Strength
- Flail
- Low Kick

Spr_2s_162.png

Penny
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Return

Sirfetch’d

Going to keep this entry fairly short because we are ready to take on the Pokemon League and cannot waste time. That is right, we are champions of Johto! At least, we are champions of the 8 gyms. After an intense fight with Clair we now have all 8 badges and are ready to take on the League. We've taken down 8 gyms and Team Rocket. We are ready!

To be continued...

Team:

Spr_2s_049.png

Goggles
Lv: 33
- Sludge Bomb
- Poison Powder
- Confusion
- Stun Spore

Spr_2s_156.png

Clover
Lv: 32
- Strength
- Flame Wheel
- Smokescreen
- Ember

Spr_2s_195.png

Squirts
- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Whirlpool
- Dig

Spr_2s_169.png

Nosferatu
Lv: 34
- Fly
- Wing Attack
- Bite
- Confuse Ray

Spr_2s_185.png

Cupcake
Lv: 32
- Rock Slide
- Strength
- Flail
- Low Kick

Spr_2s_162.png

Penny
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Return

Sirfetch’d

Our journey continues after taking down Clair. We have been waiting on this day for an entire week now. Today is the day we make our way to the Pokemon League and challenge the best of the best. Pretty amazing how we went from worst to first in 7 days right? We have to be the best 10 year old to exist.

We head back to New Bark Town bursting with excitement! We make a quick stop in Cherrygrove to visit the Pokemon Center before we do anything else. Unfortunately because we need Waterfall to reach the League, someone has to sit back in the computer until we reach the Indigo Plateau. Since Nosferatu is the highest leveled, he gets to have a rest! We swap him out for the shiny Gyarados from earlier and make our way to the league.

As we make our way through victory road defeating many tough trainers along the way we are stopped at the end by that trainer with the red hair again. He just never gives up does he? This little guy ensures us he is the strongest trainer and that we cannot defeat him. He has improved quite a bit and the battle proved tough for us, but we prevailed. He vows to get stronger and makes his way out of there. I couldn't help but to think though, he seems a little....reformed? Just maybe!

Before we enter the rooms to challenge the league, we grab our friend Nosferatu from the computer and stock up on plenty of Revives and Hyper Potions. We are not the highest of levels so we definitely need some medicine to use between matches.

First opponent up for us is Will. With a team consisting of a few Poison types and Pokemon that are weak to his team in general, we knew this might be the toughest match of the entire league. We were right. It took a group effort from all 6 of the Pokemon to win this one. Luckily though we had a little bit too much power and with Penny's Shadow Ball immensely helping here, we took down Will.

We heal up and make our way to the second room. Koga, the ninja master says he has been waiting on us and is ready for battle. This battle was relatively easy for the gang and was the only match where no one fainted. Nosferatu took care of all of his Pokemon except for Forretress and Crobat which Clover and Cupcake handled respectively. He congratulates us on the win and we move forward.

In the third room a ripped man named Bruno await us. I remember hearing stories about Bruno and his Machamp as a kid(wait I still am a kid....). I was really looking forward to this one. I decide to send out Nosferatu once again due to his good matchup against his team. He is able to take out all of the fighting Pokemon before falling to a Rock Slide against Machamp. Goggles comes in and gets revenge here. Squirts also plays a hand in taking out the Onix with a quick surf. Bruno accepts defeat and we make our way to the 4th battle.

Here in the last room of the Elite Four Karen challenges us to a match. Our heart are pounding because we know we are almost there. Once again it takes a group effort to beat Karen because her strategy proves to be really strong. Nearly all of her Pokemon were a nuisance and her ace, Houndoom, was able to just power through anything. Luckily for us we had two Pokemon with Earthquake who were able to take it out as a tandem. We get victory number four and move onward.

In the champion's hall, Lance awaits us. We approach him and waste no time getting to battle. We fought both giving everything we had. His three Dragonites certainly proved to be the toughest test so far. His team had everything. It had power, it had speed, and it had bulk. In a close match that nearly ended our Pokemon League challenge, we were able to prevail. Thanks to a clutch couple of freezes from Squirt's Ice Punch, we sealed victory. We are now champions of the Pokemon League.

To be continued...

The Champs:

Spr_2s_049.png

Goggles
Lv: 36
- Sludge Bomb
- Solarbeam
- Psybeam
- Sunny Day

Spr_2s_157.png

Clover
Lv: 37
- Strength
- Flame Wheel
- Thunderpunch
- Fire Punch

Spr_2s_195.png

Squirts
- Surf
- Ice Punch
- Whirlpool
- Earthquake

Spr_2s_169.png

Nosferatu
Lv: 39
- Fly
- Wing Attack
- Bite
- Confuse Ray

Spr_2s_185.png

Cupcake
- Rock Slide
- Strength
- Earthquake
- Low Kick

Spr_2s_162.png

Penny
Lv: 37
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Shadow Ball
- Return

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Well done!!! that's impressive that you were able to beat them underleveled. you must know your type matchups!!

Back