• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chatroom information and questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
  • I got banned.
    I know, i abused PPN's scripts, spammed (a lot).

I feel bad about what I did. You don't have to unban me, that is completely your decision.
    I knew you mods told me not to keep abusing PPN's script. And I didn't listen.
    Then, once you banned me, I realized that the chat is not something to mess around in. It's something that allows you to talk to your friends faster and talk to anyone really. But in the time that I've been banned, I've realized this too: I miss the chat. I enjoy going there and talking to other members. Even though spamming was fun, it's annoying for the other members. And I really shoudn't have done that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd rather go into the chat, and talk about what really matters, not just to go in there and annoy people just because its fun for me, when they hate it.
    Also, (if I ever get back in the chat, which i don't think will ever happen. *sigh) I promise I won't abuse PPN's script anymore. If that even matters and if you actually believe me...
    If you do let me back in the chat, and if I abuse PPN's scripts, give me a two-week ban. (From the forums)
    Yes, I'm serious, a two-week ban. That way I'll know never to abuse the scripts anymore.

Well, that's all I have to say.

Last edited:
    Years

Well it seems that by your acceptance of the ban, that post was a complete waste of time. I do believe I warned you with a kick at one point for abusing PPN's scripts, what drove you to persisting after is beyond me. It'll be by the operators' discretion should they ever wish to unban you, but offences like that aren't usually taken very lightly.

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
  • I was just talking in the chat as usual (I WAS NOT SPAMMING, OR DOING ANYTHING WRONG). We were talking about bans or something. All I said was "If I was banned, I'd have mode +B on me." Then Amachi banned me with the message "Now you do"

What did I do???

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Would it be possible to add some resources in the first post about other IRC clients? Perhaps some examples? I know I didn't know what to do when I started using IRC, but I certainly didn't like the look of the java client that's available on the forum. Just a thought. If there's an issue with linking to things you can't take responsibility for, fine =)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Would it be possible to add some resources in the first post about other IRC clients? Perhaps some examples? I know I didn't know what to do when I started using IRC, but I certainly didn't like the look of the java client that's available on the forum. Just a thought. If there's an issue with linking to things you can't take responsibility for, fine =)
    Well the chat menu in the nav bar has a link to mIRC, though I strongly recall X-Chat being there before as well. I don't think it'd hurt to at least link to some other clients up there.

The thread hasn't been updated in a while, but I do think even just having a list with a brief description of some alternative clients would be good. Not enough people read this thread anyway though :<

I was just talking in the chat as usual (I WAS NOT SPAMMING, OR DOING ANYTHING WRONG). We were talking about bans or something. All I said was "If I was banned, I'd have mode +B on me." Then Amachi banned me with the message "Now you do"

What did I do???
    You were already banned, it's just that you were bypassing it and hence still able to enter the chat, thus my ban was not a joke and it has been reissued.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I have been kicked by PokeCom[bot] and kept getting kicked for no reason. And when I kept on returning, I got banned. Can someone please help me on this? How do I unban myself? :\

Last edited:

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • i think i know, i got kicked out for no reason but keep trying to get in ohtterwise contact the person who created the javachat

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • You constantly joined and left with numerous aliases which were spamming up the chat.

top trianer

blaziken trainer
    Years
  • i got kick out i dont know why

Banned means you are no longer welcome in. In other words, They block you out.

Also, the last sentence is a filer, and a poorly hidden one at that.

(top trianer) why i got blocked?

Banned means you are no longer welcome in. In other words, They block you out.

Also, the last sentence is a filer, and a poorly hidden one at that.

i"m back in the open chat

Last edited:

top trianer

blaziken trainer
    Years
  • I would not normally do this, but I want to be more helpful around here.

If you got kicked, it just a warning. If your banned, ask the mods why, you probably broke a rule.
    ok ill be helpful, only on one thing tell someone to let me in again

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back