• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cheating: Right or Wrong?

Master Electrician

Pretty pretty lights
    Years
    Tests: No. Dude, seriously, just take the hit. You screwed up, own up to it. Cheating helps no one.

Gaming: As long as it doesn't **** around with my online play, my copy of the game, or my storage unit, whatever. If it's a tabletop game, then I get very, very angry at cheaters. That just ain't cool.

Relationships: Mistakes happen. I understand that, I've seen them. Drunken nights, angry sex, whatever. Try to avid it desperately, but if it happens, admit you made a mistake and see if things can be repaired. If a repeated pattern of behavior happens, then there is a very significant problem, either with the person or with the relationship.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    You should never cheat in real life, on people or on tests and stuff.

BUT

You can cheat on games, like, if you've completed it without cheats, or got the game just to cheat on it. It's okay in the game world in my opinion.

I did cheat in a test, for one answer, I felt kinda bad, but it was only one question, that didn't give me a higher grade or anything, so I didn't think it was all that bad. I don't cheat anymore anyway.

I've never cheated on a person. I've only been out with one person, and I never cheated on them.

I cheat on some games, If I cheat to win it I have to redo it, because I just feel like I haven't done it right. But if I did a stupid cheat, like 'Drunk Link' in 'Z: PH', I don't care, because it's only for lulz.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    It depends on what your cheating on.

Loves/School: Well....
    Games: No one has to know now.

Then again, that can be said for Love/School too. ;)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Mr Burns said:
    Cheating is a gift man gives himself

I laughed so hard at that XD I've cheated on school tests, but it was only French and I dropped it anyway (I didn't know any of the answers and I hate getting low scores. We were supposed to swap papers with the person next to us, but I kept mine and filled in some of the answers as we went through them. Not all, just incase) I don't think I have with others, not recently, at least. Well, I've given myself marks here and there in psychology, but nothing major.

Secondary school homework was just copy and paste fests (for everything except english, maths and science, I did those) and change around a few sentences and words, and mix in a few sites. I remember people saying "bagsy first Google site!" *wipes tear from eye* Good times, good times...oh, and usually before science lesson me and my friends would "help" each other with science homework ie only 1 person did it and we copied it XD I don't feel guilty about cheating at school, it's better than getting a low mark from not revising, anyway, and no-one's gonna care a few days after

Cheating on people, however? Absolutly no. Cheating with work, it's just me. I'm hurting neither myself nor someone else. Cheating on people is just cruel. Just tell the person you don't like them, seriously.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Hell yes cheating is always justified I don't know what all you guys are on about.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    Wow guys you came through with this really well. Kudos to all of you. I think that cheating on video games is wrong it takes all the fun and frustration out of it. Not to mention it could ruin you're game.

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
    Years
    I just cheat in games... nothing else... er, I mean I don't support cheating. I am not saying I don't cheat.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    Well, it depends on what you're cheating on, and how you feel about that subject.

To take games for instance, I'd never cheat on a Pokemon game. However, I always cheat on anime-related games, XDD.

As for school, I think it's best to learn the material yourself. Though I for one don't mind working with others on assignments that are meant to be done individually. XD

As for love, absolutely not. You may be in the very unfortunate situation where you love two different people, but it is wrong to act on both feelings.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
    Years
    I think cheating is wrong but I do it occasional in terms of school but never on people and always on diets

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
    What do you think about cheating. Do you think it is right or do you think it is wrong?

I for one think cheating is wrong. It takes out the meaning of the game, test, etc.
    I want to hear your thoughts on cheating whether you think it is right or wrong.

I don't know I do it with homework all the time. Tests I rarely do it with. Quite strange how I still Ace the tests. Well I do read the textbook after. Although cheating on tests are extremely bad. I mean what do you learn from cheating on it? When you go to college you will **** yourself. If you get caught bummer you know how the consequences have been raised in school nowadays. Not only it does not affect you but also the person who you cheated from.
    Although I do hate cheating in games a lot. Why? It is unfair for others. It just makes the whole meaning of the game like why does this game exist when you can cheat in it. The fun in games should be you trying to earn them. However glitches such as duping I like :) and it comes out with legitimate results. However I can't do it in Pearl. Or I don't even know if you can dupe in Pokemon. So cheating can be good sometimes but mostly just FAIL

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Well, there is many forms of cheating, very little Right...

Cheating in...

School: PHAIL
    Relationship: PHAIL
    Video games: Acceptable only in some
    Gambling: PHAIL
    Sport games (Real life): PHAIL

Basically, anything form that doesn't hurt someone (This includes yourself), is fine, only in some cases.
    Every other form is a... PHAIL.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Cheating is generally bad, and the world would be better off without it.
    • Cheating in a relationship = bad, never a good thing.
    • Cheating on a test = sometimes a necessary evil, you should study, but we all know you probably won't :P
    • Cheating in a video game = w/e, its your game. Just be honest about it, especially when playing with other people, and it doesn't matter.
    I've cheated on homework before, but I really don't think it is that big a deal as long as you can honestly say to yourself that you understand the material but you just don't have the time to do it.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I say cheating is bad in any way. there's just one kind of cheating I support, and that's cheating in video games for the impossible things, like arceus. beside that, I'm against any kind of cheating.

chanchimi

With a Side of Cheddar
    Years
    Cheating is wrong in terms of school, taking tests. Cheating like that is wrong.

In video games it doesn't matter as much to me. I use cheat codes for fun. Like walk through walls on Pokemon. I think that you shouldn't cheat in a game until you've beaten it, or if you've played through it and made a new file. Then I'd say feel free to mess with cheats!

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    It depends on the importance of what they are cheating on, generally I think it is ok if someone can cheat through something without getting caught then I will say good work, it does take skill. Cheating on partners I don't support. Tests, well they won't last long once they get a job, their problem.

This thread has made google come up with an ad saying "meet fun and flirty married women"

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I despise cheating in games or anything else, because you're trying to get ahead in the easiest possible way, and life isn't about always winning, but it's all about the trying.

Years
    If you are doing it to beat the game, get items to brag about, ect....then it is wrong.

But if you beat the game, are just curious, and you don't care about others knowing then it is fine.

Back