• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cheating: Right or Wrong?

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2010
    What do you think about cheating. Do you think it is right or do you think it is wrong?

I for one think cheating is wrong. It takes out the meaning of the game, test, etc.
    I want to hear your thoughts on cheating whether you think it is right or wrong.

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    For me, It depends on what type of Cheating it is.

For test:
    WRONG!
    Tests are supposed to test your knowledge on the subject, Cheating doesn't help you in any way shape or forum. Cheating on Tests is a huge No-No

Games:
    RIGHT
    I usually Use a cheat device on my DS, Gamecube, and Wii (homebrew channel for the Win!) I get P'ed offed when I keep losing all my life, So i use codes such as Infinite health. XD Cheating helps me progress in the game. But I NEVER use cheats like "All key items". Those sorts of codes just screw up the game.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Cheating in school on tests, homework, etc: BADDD. I agree with Dogboy since cheating doesn't help you, it only hurts you. You are also dragging the other person(s) into your sorrow fest when you attempt to copy.

Now, most would think I'm against cheating in video games; however, I am not. If you happen to purchase a game and cheating device, then you could go all out on your hacking for all I care. You're in your own little world, so no one will be bothered if you get your million items or whatever. I'm against scamming, particularly with wifi, because then it is "dragging" in those whom do not wish to be ripped off or cheated from.

Cheating on people.. haha. Oh God, you are really screwing up with someone's feelings. That's very bad too. :<

Let's see.. You probably didn't intend this either, but another form of cheating is in sports. I wouldn't support that either for obvious reasons; it could change the outcome of huge events and such.

Years
    on TV or something said:
    If you're not cheating, you're not trying.

For the most part, I don't believe in cheating at all; period. Tests, games, relationships, whatever. It defeats the whole purpose of whatever the situation is, thus putting all of your effort and hard work to waste.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Cheating is always wrong and immoral. Whether it's in a game, on a test, or on a purpose. I don't support it at all. >:

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Any type of cheating is morally wrong...I can't imagine anyone would say that they think cheating of any type is acceptable. (At least I hope they won't say anything like that =/)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    The last time I cheated was in the first grade. I was caught and epically failed :(

I never cheated on a test ever since. Although, I do peek sometimes at others papers to see if I'm going too fast. But that habit deteriorated this year.

I only support cheating if it means a girlfriend :)

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    Cheating is wrong in everything. I lose respect for people who cheat. And as for people, If a guy cheated on me, it would be done and over with. No questions asked, no second chances. Once a cheater always a cheater.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm surprised anyone is asking this question.

^ I think that pretty much explains my views on cheating in any manner. And those whom already posted in this thread pretty much said everything there was to say.

Zet

Years
    well since theres nothing really left to say but cheating will always be wrong in real life but in the gaming world, who cares as long as you take your mind off something

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Cheat if you want, but don't drag others in without them knowing you did. That's what I am saying.

supertails

Dictator
    Years
    I think cheating is both actually. I think when people cheat it shows that something is wrong with the system. When people cheat on a test it shows that the school isn't teaching the student well enough. So he/she risk getting a 0 for a shot at 70, 80, 90, whatever the person has. I believe that if a student fails the teacher fails but unfortunately people don't view it that way.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I think cheating is wrong for pretty much everything, in gaming it's not as serious because it's just a game but I still don't do it, it takes away my sense of accomplishment for doing it all on my own.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    There are many definitions of cheating. In the real life, it'll deprive you of education and learning. In games... it's fun! >.<

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    Cheating is wrong. First off, you're using someone else's abilities for your gain, which can also be called stealing. Second, you don't develop yourself if you cheat. If you're copying someone else's work, you aren't learning the material, which will only set you up for failure down the road.

So cheating hurts others and you. Don't do it.

In terms of cheating in a relationship, it shows a lack of faith and commitment (to all parties involved), which is pretty much cyanide for said relationship. Again, don't do it.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    On tests:
    wrong purely wrong. The test is there so you can get challenged and develop more brain.

On games:
    why not?!
    I mean if its a real brain hurter ill just take a walkthrough

On girlfriend:
    Nope not at all.
    i see it as a chance to experience and experiment different things with different grils. I know im a bad person....

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    Cheating is totally wrong. I remember one of my tests in my High School, I got perfect because I cheated. And that made me guilty because I know it was not my answer but I just copied it from the book. Cheating is no learning.

Back