• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cheating - when is it okay?

When is it okay?

• It's NEVER okay!

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • It's okay if you don't really abuse it.

Votes: 62 57.4%
  • It's okay if you want to, but I wouldn't do it.

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • Man, cheating is AWESOME! Diglett knows FLY?! HELL YEAH!

Votes: 15 13.9%

• Total voters

light_umbreon

pokemon lover
Years
    • Age 29
    • ohio
    • Seen Sep 8, 2013
    my choice doesn't fit up in those so i'll put it here
    I feel free to use cheats but only after I have beaten a game thoroughly through out at least once

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    I dont think it should matter if you cheat on your own game. If you cheat to battle online than thats bad I guess but i thought everyone gets bumped up to 100 for the battles so how that matters either, I dunno but Ive never played online before.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I cheat to get event only Pokemons. And any other Pokemon I can't aqquire in-game.

Also, 999 Heart Scales and Master Balls. Heart scales are handy and master balls just remove the hastle of having to weaken Pokemon before you catch them.

But I only use cheats after i've completed the game.

Years
  • Cheating is okay when a game requires you to do certain pointless and time-consuming stuff. I therefore wholeheartedly support the use of walk through walls codes. :P

Years
  • I've been playing Pokemon Leaf Green on an Emulator. Makes it difficult to impossible to get all the Pokemon you want. So I will make Pokemon I have no way of getting appear where I want them to. I try to make it legit as possible by going to the Area they would be located on Fire Red. So I believe if theres no possible way to get something you want/need on a game, cheating is justified. What if you were stuck on a level and didn't know how to move forward? Would using a walkthrough ruin the game for you? Personally, it would ruin the game for me if I couldn't finish it, so I will gladly use a walkthrough...but only when I am absolutely stuck and have no alternatives. Otherwise, yes, I would agree that cheating would take all the fun and challenge out of the game.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • Eh, I'm pretty lenient with "cheating."

Obviously, I don't think it's right to go around ripping through everything with a Pokemon with 999 everything, but I've created Pokemon with the nature, EVs, and IV's I want. I don't have the time and patience for that, unfortunately, and while I do feel bad about those who do take the time, that's just how it is. If it makes anyone feel better, I level them up and get all their moves myself (like if I once sat down and played through Voltorb Flip for a while to save up for an Ice Beam TM).

I also see no problem with things like obtaining old event Pokemon or reobtaining a TM because really, if TM's are going to be one use items, there should be at least one way to be able to get it again after using it, whether it's Battle Frontier or Game Corner or just buying.

Back