• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Cheren? Bianca? But I wanted to name them Jack and Jill!

What do you think of not being able to name your rivals?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I actually like the names of Cheren and Bianca, and at least when we're referring to the rivals we all know who they are instead of just known as "rivals" :(

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • I don't give either way. In fact I sort of like their names, but I'm usually devoid of ideas so if I even had the choice I would go with their predetermined names.

Most_W4nted

~Mada Mada Dane~
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    Hmm well personally I would have liked to name Cheren Black and Bianca Grey or something =P But I heard that Cheren means Black in Bulgarian anyway =D

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I don't mind that the option isn't there. Sure, I like naming my rivals. but I'm fine with that ability taken away from me. Still, it sort of takes away from the experience when I can't replay the game, name my rival something inappropriate, then laugh for about twenty seconds when it appears that one of the characters in the game is insulting my rival.

Still, not that much of a problem.

MegaSlowBro.

泣かないで。
    Years
  • I actually liked not having the option of not being able to name my rivals. I never know what to name them, so it was a relief that I didn't have to skip over it at all. It also made the beginning flow more smoothly without having another long pause at the start.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I like it this way ;) I dont care for naming my rivals (though I used to do it just because I could) and I like Bianca and Cheren as their names. Used to them now. And they are in-game characters so I think they should have their own names.

Years
  • I don't mind at all as I usually never know what to name my rivals haha. I tend to just name them by their official names anyways, so didn't bother me one bit.

I agree to what JP said. I never know what to name them either. So I just tend to pick any of the 3 or so options given ;D

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    It would've been nice but at least their regular names are decent...unlike Hilbert and Hilda. -_-

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I don't mind being unable to name Cheren and Bianca into whatever I like because I usually have a hard time thinking of names for my rivals when given the chance to do so.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Their names pretty much suit them so yeah, i don't really mind. Cheren == cool and Bianca == Klutz. I like it :D

Citrus Knight

you've got bruises&&bitemarks
    Years
  • I hate how they re-named Belle, Bianca in the American version. Her name is so much better as Belle instead of Bianca. Let's set aside the fact that I hate a girl name Bianca AND Belle is just prettier.

Back