• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Choices if I should get both double pack and the rerelease of the Pokémon Sword and Shield games.

Should I buy both double versions of the games?

• Buy the double pack that released last year only. And duplicate the first one

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, just get Pokémon Shield after gotten Pokémon Sword.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ultra Guardian DJ James

Horse Rider/Team Rocket/Plasma Member/Ultra Guardi
Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    Guys since I got Pokémon Sword from Sam's Club months ago, do you guys think I should get the double pack of Pokémon Sword and Shield games and own duplicate of the game I already have? Also should I get the new latest of them too?Choices if I should get both double pack and the rerelease of the Pokémon Sword and Shield games.
    Choices if I should get both double pack and the rerelease of the Pokémon Sword and Shield games.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    There's not any point in having 2 copies of Sword, so you can cross the double pack off the list. That then leaves you with deciding if you want to get Shield or not. I've personally not bothered with getting both versions of a Pokemon game for a long time because of the minimal differences between the two versions, but some people are into that, or have other reasons for getting both. You just need to figure out if it's worth it to you to spend money on the other version.

Ultra Guardian DJ James

Horse Rider/Team Rocket/Plasma Member/Ultra Guardi
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2024
    There's not any point in having 2 copies of Sword, so you can cross the double pack off the list. That then leaves you with deciding if you want to get Shield or not. I've personally not bothered with getting both versions of a Pokemon game for a long time because of the minimal differences between the two versions, but some people are into that, or have other reasons for getting both. You just need to figure out if it's worth it to you to spend money on the other version.

I just figured to just get Pokémon Shield to complete my collection...

Years
  • I personally wouldn't since they're both almost the same game, but if you're a collector and can afford it then that's up to you! Not a collector personally so in my case it makes sense not to get another version. Plenty of people collect and find the purchases worthwhile, nothing wrong with that.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I personally bought both Sword and Shield but separately due to getting them bundled with season passes. I always buy both versions no matter the difference between them. Collector reasons...

Back