• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Switch back to Sableye!
    "Sableye! End this! Fake Out!" Sableye re-emerges, dashes towards Spinda and slaps it with a glowing hand. Spinda collapses.
    "Sable-eyeye!" says Sableye triumphantly, getting into a victory pose. But it glows purple for a second and sinks to its knees again. While Spinda might be down, the poison is still working its way through Sableye. It stands up shakily as Norman releases his second Pokemon, Vigoroth.

Facade
    Protect
    Counter
    Fury Swipes
    "Protect will fail if used over and over. Fury Swipes!" Sableye charges again, but is repelled once more.
    "But that's it now! Fury Swipes!" Vigoroth takes the attack on the chest, sustaining some damage from it, but not too much. You frown. If this keeps up, the poison will finish Sableye before it can do any serious damage to Vigoroth. What will you do?

Your Options
    -Use a Soda Pop then continue
    -Use a Full Restore then continue
    -Switch to back to Swellow
    -Switch to Marshtomp
    -Switch to Tentacool
    -Switch to Ralts
    -Keep Fury Swiping!

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I say keep on using Fury Swipes. We might need the Full Restore for something more serious, like and Aqua/Magma battle. If Sableye's gonna go down, he might as well go down fighting!

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Full Restore, then continue!
    You decide that Sableye is too important to your strategy to faint, so you give him your Full Restore, and keep hammering away with Fury Swipes, while Vigoroth can do do nothing but Protect. It is a long, and largly uneventful battle, that eventually culminates in Sableye running out of PP for Fury Swipes. Nonetheless, it continues to lunge using Struggle attack, eventually finishing both Pokemon off.
    Norman grimaces as he returns Vigoroth.
    "Hm, a cheap, but fairly effective strategy. Unfortunately for you, I am far from beaten! Slaking! Let's turn this around!"

Return
    Brick Break
    Yawn
    Rock Slide
    You scowl. While it may appear you have the edge over Norman, this Slaking is at a higher level than any of your team. And you know, from your fight against Team Aqua, that Slaking is perfectly capable of sweeping through your two remaining Pokemon if you're not careful enough. And you've lost Sableye, leaving you with Swellow and you so far unchosen third Pokemon. What will you do?

Your Options
    -Switch to Swellow
    -Switch to Marshtomp
    -Switch to Tentacool
    -Switch to Ralts

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    Back to Swellow!
    "Thanks Sableye. Swellow, let's end this!" You release the bird Pokemon, now free from the confusion and it spreads its wings.
    "Sweeell!"
    "Easily taken care of. Rock Slide!" Slaking roars and punches the ground. All of a sudden, groups of rocks from the side and roof of the battlefield come tumbling down upon Swellow. Swellow does its best to dodge and swerve around them all, but one hits it, doing some serious damage. Swellow charges in with a Wing Attack, Slaking takes a step back and stalls. Norman frowns.
    "Slaking's Truant abillity requires it to take a break after every strike..." You look at Slaking, and it's your turn to frown. The Wing Attack seemed to have done little damage to the large Pokemon - it would still take several more Wing Attacks to do any damage to it. Another Rock Slide would take out Swellow if it can't successfully dodge it. Then again, Swellow could dodge it this time, or you could switch to a different Pokemon...

Your Options
    -Risk it. Wing Attack!
    -Switch to Marshtomp
    -Switch to Ralts
    -Switch to Tentacool
    -Use a Soda Pop!

Spoiler:
    Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Risk it. Wing Attack!

It's do or die!

(Off Topic: Has anyone noticed all the other Pokemon CYOA have all died?)

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
    I'm gonna post an analysis soon, but not right now, as I'm not on my home computer.

@Meduza - Really? cool! This is the original thread, and Paper-remote and I have specifically not touched the other CYOA threads, so awesome!

I shall spread the votes and say Switch to Marshtomp

Back