• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Choose - Your own adventure! [Hoenn]

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • Mud Slap it could easily dodge mud shot but it might not be able to dodge this and it will lower Manectrics accuracy. Perhaps making him slip on the mud and letting us score some good hits.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Mud Slap since Bide would leave us idle for 2-3 turns, easily enough turns for Manectric to turns things around.

Mud Slap would be faster plus a type advantage.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Use Mud-Slap!
    Marshtomp lunges again, palms glowing brown. It swings, and totally misses Manetric thanks to another Quick Attack. Manetric zooms, and slams Marshtomp right in the gut, wounding him and sending him staggering backwards. Marshtomp tries Mud-Slap again, but it's doomed to fail before it even starts, as Manetric pounds him with a barrage of Quick Attacks. Marshtomp is about to faint, so you quickly give him a Super Potion. Marshtomp is back at full health, giving you a chance to redo your last choice, keeping in my mind that Manetric is very difficult to hit. What do you want to do?

Your Options
    -Mud Shot
    -Mud-Slap
    -Water Gun
    -Bide
    -Give up

Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • Bide!
    You whisper the attack name to Marshtomp.
    "Ha! You're backing off? Sure that was wise, kid? Manetric, rapid-fire Quick Attacks!" Manetric pummels Marshtomp over and over. "Even you must have realised it's over!" says Wattson, confident with his win.
    "Really...?" you say. Marshtomp is on his last legs, but is smiling regardless. "Bide!!!" Marshtomp unleashes a massive, blinding burst of white energy, paying Manetric back double for its attacks.
    "Un... believable..." says Wattson in disbelief. "I thought I'd won..." Manetric collapses. You've won.
    You've won. You've actually won. You defeated a Gym Leader...
    "..."
    "Ah... you okay?" he asks.
    "WHOO! YES! WE DID IT! I WIN! YEAH! WHO DA MAN? WHO DA MAN?"
    "Well, while your modesty could use some work, there's no doubt that you indeed did defeat me. And that earns you this - the Dynamo Badge!"
    "Awesome! So, any suggestions for my next move?"
    "Hmm, well you have your choice. You could see if you can catch a boat from here to Dewford, head north to Lavaridge, or try to get through the Rusturf Tunnel to Rustboro."
    "Thanks, Wattson."
    "Well, I've dilly-dallied long enough - I'd best be getting back to my Gym. I hope we meet again, kid, and good luck!"
    You look at a map of the three possible Gyms you could visit next. All three have various challenges - you'll need to find a boat if you want to go to Dewford, the path to Rustboro is apparently blocked by a rockfall and it's a long way to Lavaridge. Which way do you want to go?

Your Options
    -To Dewford!
    -To Rustboro!
    -To Lavaridge!

Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • To Dewford!
    You decide to set sail for the remote island community of Dewford. One problem - you can't surf, and don't have the badge required for it either, so it seems to be out of the question. So basically, you have to find a boat. You stroll down to the beach and check out the boat situation. There don't appear to be any ferry services, and you can't even see one single boat out in the bay. Maybe you should go back in town and ask around?
    "Hey kid, did I hear you need a boat?" says a voice behind you. It's a man dressed in green, who you've never seen before in your life. "I have one - you can ride for free if you do me a favour." This guy doesn't appear to be a villain, but then again, that probably doesn't mean a whole lot. What do you want to do?

Your Options
    -Trust this guy, and hop onboard.
    -Too suspicious, no way! Keep exploring Slateport.

Spoiler:

Box
    Spoiler:

Items
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    This is the only way to get to Dewford, but then again he might be a Team Aqua Member in disguise...... Only one way to find out!
    -Get on the boat-

Back