• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Christmas

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
  • So seeing November has almost come to end and Christmas slowly starts rolling in I decided I'd start my annual (2nd year in a row, whooo) topic on Christmas, I don't really expect to out do last years Angela (Me) on the Christmas topics/replies but we can try...

Anyway Christmas is my favorite season, I'm not really sure why, seeing my birthday is in August..... Anyway I just love Christmas I would totally believe in Santa if there was just 1 in Iceland, unfortunately we have 13 Santa's and they don't give a gift on Christmas day.. So yubb, they give us candy in our shoo which we place in our window 13 days before Christmas, I know ridiculous.... xD

Also, I've been seeing a lot of Christmas commercials on TV people have start decorating, mostly out door stuff nothing fancy.. And the rain of Christmas catalogs has barely begun.. With only 22 days to go one would think they should be clogging up the mail boxes....

The point of this thread is simple.. Have you started your Christmas shopping.. And if you have you post and tell us what you bought.. If you haven't now but have in 2 weeks then you post then and tells us all about it then.... Have you started the Christmas decorating?
    When do you think they will be up?

Do you feel the Christmas spirit yet... When is the right time in your opinion to break out those Christmas records?

I can say I'll probably start buying things after my exams, decorating might happen during the exams.. And I will probably start baking and listening to Christmas music after my exams.. :3

So guys... Post away...

Ayselipera

No I haven't started Christmas shopping, because I don't go Christmas shopping. Seeing as how I don't have any money on me. :)

I haven't started decorating yet, but I will be pretty soon. Probably the first week of December my family and I put up all the decorations. Sadly, I live on a dead end so we don't bother putting up any outside lights. Although, one year my mom bought 3 little light up deer. That same year my dad "accidently" ran them over with the snow plow. Hahaha, he didn't really like them from the beginning. :3

As for the Christmas tree, that doesn't go up until the second or third week of December. The reason is because we own a woodstove and if we got the tree any earlier it would dry out.

I'm not really feeling Christmas yet. Which is odd for me. Although today while I was cleaning for Thanksgiving I played some Christmas music in the backround. Which I thoroughly enjoyed. :D

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    No, that IS the Christmas Spirit. ;)

I say don't get started until the first of December, at the latest. a month-and-a-half for one holiday is too much for me.

Years
  • I don't think I'll be in the Christmas spirit much this year. Losing my Dad is still taking a toll and I really don't want to celebrate Christmas this year. I don't think we'll be decorating anything or having a tree.

It will be my first Christmas without him around. Not looking forward at all.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • OMG I love Christmas... Gooooooo Jesus! Sledding, and snowballs, and snowmen, and snowhermaphrodites, and snow angels, and hot chocolate with Baileys Irish Cream:p I! Can't! Wait!

There is one thing missing though... I don't have a hot tub...:C Who is ready for the best Christmas ever!!!??? WOOOOO!

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I don't think I'll be in the Christmas spirit much this year. Losing my Dad is still taking a toll and I really don't want to celebrate Christmas this year. I don't think we'll be decorating anything or having a tree.

It will be my first Christmas without him around. Not looking forward at all.
    I lost my dad around Christmas too, instead of celebrating we went on a tiny vacation...my mom still has a tough time decorating the house, that "Christmas spirit" just hasn't been the same. I still enjoy the holiday though, mostly for the weather and the colors.

Haven't gone Christmas shopping yet, but I've got a few side-jobs in the works to brace my wallet for the splurging that will take place. As for decorations, I think we'll get that done after Thanksgiving. My mum doesn't want to get fancy this year, and this saddens me, for Christmas is the best time to gaudy up your living room.

And pssh, here is no wrong time to whip out the Christmas records...I'll listen to them all year round.~

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Ah yes, Christmas, Tree's, Decorations, roast, oh and PRESENTS.

Also, can't forget the Dr Who Christmas Special.

I bought 'The Darkness' Platinum edition just for this event, you'll probably know why.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I hadn't been feeling the Christmas spirit very much this year, mainly because the shops in my local town put up their decorations and sales in early October, which means it's so far been Christmas for two months :/ I understand that it's all to do with stock control and seducing shoppers into the Christmas shopping season, which is especially important this year as the economy is basically relying on people splurging, but for serious guys. October?

However, I'm getting more into the swing of it now, especially with darkness setting in at 4pm and the music starting to be played in Costa and Starbucks. I love that you can never quite describe the exact nature of the feeling Christmas brings - quiet excitement, but a different kind to the one you feel before birthdays, graduations, weddings, and the rest. It truly is a great feeling. :]

Looking Forward To
    @ STOCKING! Yes, I'm 20, but I still get a stocking. :3 Last year I got pirate DVDs of the 1960's Batman show and I spent my entire morning waiting for the parentals to get up drooling over neurotically watching all of the Frank Gorshin Riddler episodes. :3
    @ Doctor Who Christmas Special, although after the appallingness that was the last episode (urgh seriously what was that) I'm not hopeful. If RTD mucks up Ten's Regeneration I am going to be so effing angry.
    @ Digging out our Now! Best of Christmas album. Papa doesn't allow it out until December itself begins. So this is Christmas, and what have you dooone~
    @ Party food! Party food! Party food! Sausage rolls, mini sausages, Pringles, chicken, relish, cheese sandwiches, dry roasted peanuts...*foams at the mouth* We have a beautiful Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, then set up a buffet on Christmas morning and pick at it all day. Also, Ferero Rocher and little chocolate mice from Lakeland. My Christmas chocolate. +1 stone. XD Ohhh, and Christmas crackers. :3

Not Looking Forward To
    @ Indigestion. XD

Also, Iceland is such a beautiful country. I went there four years ago as part of a geography trip and the air and water are just so clean. But I didn't realise you guys have 13 Santas. That's very awesome :O.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Christmas is my favroite holiday!
    Is a fantastic holiday where you celebrate with friends, family, and you also get free stuff, and eat many delicious foods n' stuff. :3

And this year, my family is having it at our house!
    YAYFACE <3

So yeah, epicness.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Well, I live in a dorm, which means the lights that have been strung up since September are called "Christmas lights" during the holiday season and "room decor lights" the rest of the semester. Christmas tree (2-foot fiber-optic one) went up a couple days ago.

Due to me being in college, I've only got one Christmas gift (for my brother) so far. It happens to fall at that time of the year when the budget starts running thin, so yeah.

I've started mixing in a few Christmas songs with my normal WinAmp playlist, so it'll be '80's song, 80's song, CHRISTMAS SONG, 80's song... It's actually kinda funny when Wham!'s "Last Christmas" plays right before or after their "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" XD

Actually I spend most of Christmas day totaling up the value of what I get and comparing it to my gift expenditures to ensure I'm making a profit and my budget remains in the black. 'Cause that's how finance majors roll on Christmas XD

Last year I got pirate DVDs of the 1960's Batman show and I spent my entire morning waiting for the parentals to get up drooling over neurotically watching all of the Frank Gorshin Riddler episodes. :3
    Frank Gorshin was the BEST Riddler, hands down :)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I start feeling a little Christmassy the day after Halloween.

We just finished putting up our exterior lights.

Every year I tweak our Christmas music mix a little bit. I took care of that already.

I'm not going to start listening to the music, or looking for a tree, or decorating inside, etc. for perhaps another week.

Thirteen Santas and no presents? What a rip off XD

MidnightMoon

Rock On Community!
    Years
  • I don't start worrying about christmas until december 20th until then I don't even think about it because it can cause problems to me knowing their is going to be gifts. The best thing I like about christmas is the tree I love the smell and the lights and the winter cold,the christmas specials on tv,the christmas lights on houses, I just love it.

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
  • My parents have been worrying about Christmas since September.... I still don't know what I want. Well, I do, but something tells me a nuclear missle is out of the question!
    XD
    Anyways, I gotta say, any holiday where you enjoy snow, presents, family, presents, presents.... oh yeah, and presents... is a good holiday in my book!

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • What gets you in the Christmas Spirit? :D

We all have thos really annoying things about Christmas, yes. That's not what this is about. There are those special traditions we have to bring the spirit of christmas to those around us.

So, what sorts of things always get you into the spirit? :D

For me, it's Frosty the Snowman. I also love Mannheim Steamroller and the song Where are you Christmas. Oh and who can forget Santa Claus too? And those Christmas specials everyone adores? 8D

There's alot of things that get me into the spirit. I love Christmas because its the one time I can act like a total kid and get away with everything. XD

Years
  • I really love it when it starts to get cold and dark early and the whole of central/west London is lit up with street christmas lights and all the shops are open late and just wondering around with a friend with a nice hot coffee and a cigarette.

On Christmas day I like to put myself up to be one of the people who go to work (I work in a bar and you get triple pay for doing christmas day) and enjoying the company of the regulars.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • My parents have been worrying about Christmas since September.... I still don't know what I want. Well, I do, but something tells me a nuclear missle is out of the question!
    XD
    Anyways, I gotta say, any holiday where you enjoy snow, presents, family, presents, presents.... oh yeah, and presents... is a good holiday in my book!

I think you forgot two things

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    My birthday is on the 24th of December.... :3
    XD
    I love christmas! Favourite season! All the gifts I'll give (and recieve >XD)!

Back