• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I use blackwing and I used it a lot acually

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    Heck yeah! I've been playing Blackwings for years, as they were one of the first few archetypes I picked up when I first started playing competitively. However, I was quite disappointed when YGOPro made an AI deck for it, because my build now looks almost netdecked... D:

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I agree. The developer just made it plain sicko along the rest of AI decks it's just totally netdecking.

CobbyKun

Return of the Mack
    Years
    Username: CobbyKun
    Favourite card: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
    Nice to meet you all! I'm a casual player just beginning to play tournaments.
    I'm a Nekroz player but also have and play Bujins and Red-Eyes (post CORE). I'm also still trying to find a way to make my favourite archetype; Performapals a viable deck, although it's not easy.

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
    Welcome! ^

Anyway the new Vjump shows us that their will be a new odd eyes ritual monster! I will try and get the details soon, but yeh what do you guys think?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    GUYS.

Have you see the new game on the PlayStation Store (and maybe Xbox as well?) YuGiOh Legacy of the Duelist! O:

Totally buying, it only costs £16!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Username: CobbyKun
    Favourite card: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon and Shurit, Strategist of the Nekroz
    Nice to meet you all! I'm a casual player just beginning to play tournaments.
    I'm a Nekroz player but also have and play Bujins and Red-Eyes (post CORE). I'm also still trying to find a way to make my favourite archetype; Performapals a viable deck, although it's not easy.
    Welcome to the club! I wouldn't say Nekroz is very casual though haha.

I'm also starting to play Red-Eyes, it's bricky, but I love access to the Rank 7s.

Welcome! ^

Anyway the new Vjump shows us that their will be a new odd eyes ritual monster! I will try and get the details soon, but yeh what do you guys think?
    I'm gonna assume this is it:
    Odd-Eyes Gravity Dragon
    Level 7 EARTH Dragon-Type Ritual Effect Monster
    ATK 2800
    DEF 2500
    This card can be Ritual Summoned by "Odd-Eyes Advent". You can only use the (1) effect of "Odd-Eyes Gravity Dragon" once per turn.
    (1) When this card is Special Summoned: You can return all Spell/Trap Cards your opponent controls to the hand. Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to this effect's activation.
    (2) Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects except by paying 500 LP.

Odd-Eyes Advent
    Ritual Spell Card
    This card can be used to Ritual Summon any Dragon-Type Ritual Monster. You can only activate 1 "Odd-Eyes Advent" per turn.
    (1) Ritual Summon 1 Dragon-Type Ritual Monster from your hand or Graveyard by Tributing Pendulum Monsters from your hand or side of the field whose combined Levels are equal to or greater than the monster you Ritual Summon. If your opponent controls 2 or more monsters while you control no monsters, you can send "Odd-Eyes" monsters from your Extra Deck to the Graveyard instead of Tributing monsters.

Not really sure if that's what Odd-Eyes/Magicians need, but it's not exactly a deck I'm familiar with, so I won't be too hasty in judging it. The 500 Flare Metalesque burn per effect is always good though.

GUYS.

Have you see the new game on the PlayStation Store (and maybe Xbox as well?) YuGiOh Legacy of the Duelist! O:

I think someone here had mentioned it. I'd love to play Yugioh on the console, since that's a rather rare thing I think lol, but with DN and ygopro being free, and pretty good for that matter, don't know if it's worth it haha

Zehn

Years
    Yeh that's the card I was talking about ^ thanks flushed

Also I agree, the new game looks awesome, I thought about getting it from the PS store but I didn't because, again, YGOpro is free, a bit simpler, and has a lot more customisation, which I value more that fancy graphics to delay the duel.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    GUYS.

I do want it, I just wish it wasn't on the PS4 and Xbone.

If it was a 360/PS3...Or any other console release, really, I would probably have gotten it day one. After all, it's the most up-to-date Yu-Gi-Oh game on the market.

And in regards to using YGOPro over it, I don't really think YGOPro is an alternative. One of the things that I love about the games (that for some reason at least the Western release of Duel Carnival didn't have which really bothered me) is that you don't have access to every card right away. Oftentimes you have to buy them and earn them, just like real life, and I like them more for that. Card pulls were exciting, and dueling duelists from the various series was fun, too. Plus when there was a story involved, even if it wasn't that good, it was personal in that you would be using your deck. Plus, they tended to have good music.

YGOPro's more for building decks and battling online. You can do a lot in the way of that but I don't use it much because...well, kind of what I said above. You have access to every card and if you do play online, expect the meta. That's well and good, but I like making the best I can out of what I have and I like the thrill of collecting (Plus the AI isn't really on level with that of the games), and that's something that YGOPro just isn't designed for- which is understandable. YGOPro and the games seek to fulfill different purposes.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I definitely love the collectable aspect of the irl and some of the console/handheld games, I was actually more of a collector before I started out playing the game. But you're right, they definitely serve different purposes. I guess I like ygopro because you have access to everything and you can test and play with cards you'd normally not be able too. And the fact that the most recent cards are updated into the system (haven't read up on the console game, but not sure if they get regular card updates or not). I can definitely see why both would be enjoyable though.

CobbyKun

Return of the Mack
    Years
    Not really sure if that's what Odd-Eyes/Magicians need, but it's not exactly a deck I'm familiar with, so I won't be too hasty in judging it.
    I can see the card getting used quite a bit. In terms of a ritual monster it's not too hard to get out because of the level diversity of the pendulum monsters you might use in the deck. There are also cards coming that could help access the cards you need for the ritual such as Pendulum Call, which allows you to search for two Pendulum Magicians with different names and add them from deck to hand for the cost of discarding a card.

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
    Years
    Username: Hexoc
    Favorite Cards: Ice Beast Zerofyne, Lightning Chidori, Cyberdark Dragon

What Archetype would you like to see supported?
    A: Cyberdarks for sure. With only Edge, Horn, and Keel for main deck monsters, Dragon as a fusion requiring all three, and Impact as a special fusion card, they are very lackluster. The only good thing that's happened for them is Dragon Ravine to 2, but the archetype needs more support for itself and not the dragons in the grave portion of the deck

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hey there, welcome to the club! Definitely love your card choices, being a Harpie player. I've tried Cyberdarks too, and I agree, really hard to pull off.

CobbyKun

Return of the Mack
    Years
    Hey Hexoc! Welcome to the club!
    How many people have been opening packs from Clash of Rebellions? What have you been pulling / trying to pull?
    I've personally opened 3 boxes myself with my friends who I make YouTube videos with. We managed to pull 2 Archfield Eccentrick's and 2 Kozmo Farmgirls. The only thing we can't seem to get is Black Stone of Legend; which I actually need :(

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I tried my luck with a box and pulled pretty badly lol. Storming Mirror Force, and an ulti-Rebellion Dragon, which looks pretty nice, but aint worth too much haha

Zehn

Years
    Nice, odd eyes rebellion dragon has some really cool art work. I haven't got a pack in years... Anyway I would have done a dragons of legend/2 box cause they have some awesome (& expensive) cards

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    They had OERD as the Ghost Rare from the set, so I was thinking we might get our first Ghost Pendulum, but they changed it to the Red-Eyes Xyz :(

But yeah there's nothing like opening packs of cards, it's exciting, and the cards smell good hahaha. But it's a pretty expensive hobby to maintain. DRL2 was definitely a good set though, I opened a couple packs looking for the Fusions or some Toon stuff, but got garbage lol. I did get my Aquaactresses from that set though!

Zehn

Years
    They do smell awesome. And yeh I still have a draw in my house just filled to the brim with YgO cards, and a nearly finished infernity deck from wayy back in the day. Actually I still have some of the malefic monsters from that YGO movie I went to see

Back