• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
  • Has anyone seen the Super Quantum archetype? It looks really interesting, but there isn't too much support so far. I might pick 'em up on YGOPRO in the future and see if I like them. :p

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    omg if any of you know how the archetype works, I thought of an interesting combo to get out the rank 12:
    SS Red Power Ranger, NS Gale Dogra/Pay 6K to dump 2, Field Spell to Xyz, Field Spell into 4-mat Rank 12

Really situational, but it works haha. And I hear pepe is actually splashing Quantums (or Quantums are splashing 'pals), with moderate success. The XYZs are all pretty decent I think, though the Rank 12 can easily be sacked by Kaijus, Lava Golem, and the other Quantum XYZ that hits monsters

Meadow

Years
  • omg if any of you know how the archetype works, I thought of an interesting combo to get out the rank 12:
    SS Red Power Ranger, NS Gale Dogra/Pay 6K to dump 2, Field Spell to Xyz, Field Spell into 4-mat Rank 12

Really situational, but it works haha. And I hear pepe is actually splashing Quantums (or Quantums are splashing 'pals), with moderate success. The XYZs are all pretty decent I think, though the Rank 12 can easily be sacked by Kaijus, Lava Golem, and the other Quantum XYZ that hits monsters

Oh, nice haha. I still haven't tried these guys out yet (totally want to though), but I've mostly been tinkering around with a few other decks lately. Shame that I couldn't find any good YGO deals for Black Friday, as anything that would've been good was butchered by the shipping costs. ;_;

On another note, as much as I used to hate Limit Overdrive, I'm starting to really have fun with that card after building a deck revolving around it (since it's still bad in normal Synchron decks). Other than the lack of searchability, I was surprised that it's actually pretty easy to meet the requirements for a Level 12, along with the fact that you can attack first and activate it during the Battle Phase.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I can honestly say I've never heard of that card. I've been messing around with the Goyo Defender version of Quasar.dek though, pretty fun haha.

And regarding Synchrons, like Fluffals, I hear they've been having some success lately, mostly due to Stardust Warrior.

Meadow

Years
  • I can honestly say I've never heard of that card. I've been messing around with the Goyo Defender version of Quasar.dek though, pretty fun haha.

And regarding Synchrons, like Fluffals, I hear they've been having some success lately, mostly due to Stardust Warrior.

Omg I'll take you on with that deck next time I'm free to duel! Quasar vs Quasar, bring it on haha. (Though I sadly won't be able to duel for at least another week due to exams. *sigh*)

And whoa, I didn't hear that about Synchrons! I guess that should give me a reason to keep playing them, though r.i.p. ROTA... <_<

Years
  • Username: Boss Salamence
    Favorite Card: Probably either Archfiend Black Skull Dragon or Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss.

I haven't played YGO in sometime, though.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hey Revise, what's the plan for the GT-event?

Username: Boss Salamence
    Favorite Card: Probably either Archfiend Black Skull Dragon or Hot Red Dragon Archfiend Abyss.

I haven't played YGO in sometime, though.
    Welcome to the club! Random question for you, does the acronym "ycm" mean anything to you?

Meadow

Years
  • Hey Revise, what's the plan for the GT-event?

From the information I've gathered, it seems that I'm technically allowed to tell you since it's necessary for preparation purposes, so...

If anyone wants to join in on the YGOPRO Dueling Fest, it is officially scheduled to start on Day 10 of the Get-Together! Be sure to use this time to prepare your decks and test them out to your liking! :P

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • From the information I've gathered, it seems that I'm technically allowed to tell you since it's necessary for preparation purposes, so...

If anyone wants to join in on the YGOPRO Dueling Fest, it is officially scheduled to start on Day 10 of the Get-Together! Be sure to use this time to prepare your decks and test them out to your liking! :P

10? What am I supposed to till then. D:

Besides have to monitor the 1000's of Skype Messages because I chose to host, lol.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    From the information I've gathered, it seems that I'm technically allowed to tell you since it's necessary for preparation purposes, so...

oh dang, even the schedule's a secret?

10? What am I supposed to till then. D:

Besides have to monitor the 1000's of Skype Messages because I chose to host, lol.
    lol how does the Skype even work, I think I joined, but like either no one's there or I just don't know how it works.

Years
  • Hey Revise, what's the plan for the GT-event?

Welcome to the club! Random question for you, does the acronym "ycm" mean anything to you?

Thanks! Oh yeah, if it's Yugioh Card Maker you're taking about, I'm a member there too. They know me by RAEG over there.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Thanks! Oh yeah, if it's Yugioh Card Maker you're taking about, I'm a member there too. They know me by RAEG over there.
    Ok yeah, didn't want to leap to conclusions, but the avatar is pretty iconic, so I assumed as much.

I'm Catman btw, although you might've been able to tell since iirc I'm using the same avatars

Meadow

Years
  • 10? What am I supposed to till then. D:

The A.I. has gotten noticeably better lately, so practicing against it (for consistency) and tweaking your decks isn't a bad idea. :P

oh dang, even the schedule's a secret?

Yup, mainly to encourage the element of surprise. ;)

EDIT: The YGOPRO event is finally up, guys! There are no "real" commitments to this event, so just enter and you can earn an MST emblem! xD

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=359616

Have fun, and happy dueling! :D

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • [EXTENDED] The Duelist Genesis - PC's Yu-Gi-Oh! Holiday Fest

UPDATE: This post is now outdated! Please click here instead!

The Duelist Genesis
    PokéCommunity's Yu-Gi-Oh! Holiday Fest

O7O3AQU.png

[alink id=Rules]Rules & Structure[/alink id] | [alink id=Joining]How to Join[/alink id] | [alink id=Disconnect]Disconnects[/alink id] | [alink id=Tips]Tips[/alink id] | [alink id=Prizes]Prizes[/alink id] | [alink id=Participants]Participants[/alink id] | [alink id=Scores]Current Scores[/alink id]​

Hi there, fellow Yu-Gi-Oh players! Welcome to the Get-Together's Dueling event!

In this event, participants can freely challenge each other to a Yu-Gi-Oh match (via YGOPRO), and gain points for their victories. There are no restrictions or commitments, so you can declare or decline challenges at your own preferred pace.

At the end of the event, the person with the most points will be crowned the winner. All participants will receive an emblem if they take part in at least one duel!

Points will be periodically updated on the front post when I'm able to, but it might be helpful if you kept track of your own points as well.

[a id]Rules[/a id]
    Rules & Event Structure

All games will be held in the Match format (best of 3 duels). See the Tips section below to make sure you know how to set up a proper match!

All decks must follow the November 2015 TCG banlist. (Even though we're using the TCG's banlist, OCG-exclusive cards are still allowed.) If a new banlist comes out during this event and YGOPRO receives an update with this list, then you must adjust your decks to accommodate for the new banlist. UPDATE: In addition to the current banlist, the February 2016 "adjusted banlist" will also apply to this event! Click here for more details.

You may challenge any of the participants whenever you want, and as many times as you want. (To challenge someone, you may send them a VM, a PM, or simply post in this thread. I'd personally recommend VMs.)

You may decline anyone's challenge for any reason.

You may use any deck you want, and you can switch between decks as many times as you'd like throughout this event.

You are highly discouraged from using any of the "AI_" decks made by YGOPRO, as well as the archetypes corresponding to those decks. However, these decks are not prohibited, because I know that many players have been using some of those archetypes before they became "AI_" decks.

Each time you win a (best of 3) match, you will earn one point in this event.

After finishing a match, both players must report the outcome of the match in this thread. (Ex: You won 2-0, or you lost 1-2, etc.)

The person with the most points at the end of the deadline will be the winner of this event.

This event will end on February 25, 2016 at 10:00 p.m. EST. I will make an announcement when this event is close to ending.

Please be respectful to your opponents, and more importantly, have fun!​

All duels must be conducted on YGOPRO! If you don't have YGOPRO or if you have the wrong version, click here to download it.

Make sure you are using the standard YGOPRO, and not DevPro or TDOANE (Kaiba Corporation). You are only allowed to use DevPro or TDOANE if your opponent also has it and agrees to play against you on it.

[a id]Joining[/a id]
    How to Join

Newcomers may join in anytime during this event!

If you wish to join the fun, all you need to do is make a post in this thread with your username and any other information (not required, but highly recommended) that might be helpful for other participants to arrange a duel with you.

Required Info
    Username:

Optional Info
    Timezone:
    Times available to duel:
    YGOPro Nickname:
    Server:

Spoiler: Click "Show" to see an example!
    Username: Revise Librarian

Timezone: Eastern (EST/EDT)
    Times available to duel: Generally around 9 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
    YGOPro Nickname: Revise
    Server: USA (but I can use the Europe server if need be)

[a id]Disconnect[/a id]
    The Disconnect Policy

If YGOPRO crashes or a player disconnects, it is up to you and your opponent to talk things out together and figure out a compromise or solution. For example, if it seemed like no one was winning when it disconnected, then you and your opponent can agree to either re-start the match or cancel it entirely. If you have any disputes that you can't resolve, feel free to contact me and I'll see what I can do.

[a id]Tips[/a id]
    Tips

When hosting on YGOPRO, room passwords are helpful to ensure that only your opponent can join your room.

Make sure you un-check "Mute Opponents" under the settings tab! You never know when an emergency may happen.

You can hold multiple (best of 3) matches against your opponent in the same YGOPRO session if they are willing to play again. Just be sure that both of you keep track of the results from every match!

You can communicate with your opponent in the waiting room before the duel actually starts (via the chat feature at the bottom of the screen). This may be useful in many different scenarios, so don't overlook this feature!

I highly encourage that you all build a 15-card "Side Deck" in each of your decks! Since we are playing in "Match" format, you are allowed to swap any of those 15 cards between rounds, which can really come to your aid.​

How to host a (best of 3) match:

Spoiler:

How to find/adjust/change your server and YGOPRO nickname:

Spoiler:

How to find your opponent's room if they use a password:

Spoiler:

How to un-mute your opponent:

Spoiler:

[a id]Prizes[/a id]
    Prizes

(Hover over the emblems for descriptions!)

qOPNfDl.png
    Phu9LF9.png

[a id]Participants[/a id]

[a id]Scores[/a id]
    Current Scoreboard

Flushed - 4 points (Current Lead)
    Chicken Fingers - 0 points
    countryemo - 0 points
    Nakuzami - 0 points
    PlatinumDude - 0 points
    Golgari - 0 points
    Zehn - 0 points

Event deadline: February 25 at 10:00 p.m. EST

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: Chicken Fingers
    Timezone: EST
    Times available to duel: I'm a bit busy up until Saturday. If you'd like to duel before then, just lemme know. After that, I'll be pretty available most of the time
    YGOPro Nickname: CF or ChickenFingers (Different nicknames on two different devices)
    Server: USA

Last edited:

Meadow

Years
  • Username: Chicken Fingers
    Times available to duel: TBA, just VM me for now if you want to duel. :)
    YGOPro Nickname: (It's been awhile, so I'm not sure TBD)
    Server: USA

Awesome, great to see you joining us again! I'll add you to the list right away!

I'm gonna try to participate in this too, but I won't be nearly as active as I'd like to be, until my exams are finished. :/

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Username: Flushed

Times available to duel: No clue, I should be around a lot though
    YGOPro Nickname: Flushed
    Server: Any

ITS TIME TO DUEL

countryemo

Years
  • Timezone: Pacific Time Standard (PST)
    Times available to duel: 12pm-11pm or whenever I'm on.
    YGOPro Nickname: TheDoctor_13
    Server: USA, but I guess I can do EU, does it even matter?

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Won 2-0 over emo; props for outing CDI/Rafflesia G1 though

countryemo

Years
  • Me vs Flushed
    0-2

At-least I tried, got over CDI easily though, thought it was going to be big problem. Second game I could've grind-ed, but Flushed is mean. :( Haha

Back