• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Codec's Art (Fakemon)

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    I have new tree tiles -
    Please rate - I worked really hard on this one!
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

New OW:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Soul (reserved for the use of con_11 only)

Last edited:

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Okay, So here I go:

The Fakemon seem kind of like Gumby Characters to me, in that all of them seem very gelatin-like. Also, I can see that you attempted to shade and it worked out nicely on some of them, but not on others. Finally, I can tell that you are new at this but I bet if you kept on doing this everyday you could become a master. (coming from a person who knows nothing about pixel art)

Now onto the Trainers:

The OW sprites that you have made are great. I absolutely love the ones that you made to look like they were on Vacation or swimming. You did a very nice job and they look very neat and real. Finally, the trainer that you fully sprited, like the fakemon, looks like a Jello Man. I don't think that his limbs are properly done (arms,legs) and he kinda looks sloppy........

Now to the Other Section.

I really like these. The Rotomizations are really creative and well done. I can also say the same with the Fusions. All of them are really cute. And the Retypes are awesome as well.

So overall, Great Job 07Harris :D

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Thanks -
    About the trainer -
    I dont think I will be spriting anymore of the trainers because I suck at it!
    But I will do more OW's because people seem to like them!

Years
    If your bad at them, then how do you think you'll improve? By keep on trying!

I've used up my fingers on Vednix and Froslass Maniac at the Showcase, so the crit won't be coming today. Maybe later.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    I have new tree tiles -
    Please rate - I worked really hard on this one!
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

New OW:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

The tree looks pretty good, but still kind of flat. The rounding and shading is better, and I'm sure it wouldn't look half bad in-game, but the shadow really throws it off. Either give the tree slightly more rounding (making it look three dimensional) or make the shadow more ovular (is that word dirty?).

The OW looks great.

Years
    I was making them FR/LG stlye though!
    And besides I am still learning!
    But I will try to shade more none-the-less!
    They're supposed to be in FR/LG style? Oh, well... then they'll need even more work. XD They seem closer to R/S at the moment.

New OW:
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Way too much black in the outline. You have to shade the outline. It's a must. It also seems to lack any shading on the skin, and has very little on the clothes. The hat seems a little flatter than Soul's, as well.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
    Really impressed with the soul Overworld BTW its con-11 now con_11 :) should be changing my user name soon.
    are you going to take there advice and change the soul OW? oh and i think the hat is fine,
    but i agree with the outline and her clothes although thats the only blue/purple colours for the pallete?

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    lol, oak on vacation is cool. the ows are quite good!
    and yeah the tree u just posted,why not make the shadow according to the shape of the tree? i hope u understood what i said..
    i mean the shadow is circular , why not adjust it according to the shape of the tree? make a few patches of light in between?

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)

Major Update:
    My first building tile!
    Man Was this hard to make!

I also have the OW sprites for...
    Soul - Movement Basics
    These are still reserved for con-11
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)
    Codec's Art (Fakemon)