• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coffee -Wakes me up

Pichu2Pikachu2Raichu

Yep, that's me
Years
  • Who just can't function without their morning coffee?
    Coffee -Wakes me up

I can't as most days I sit in front of a computer screen and need the caffeine buzz to keep me going on my WINAMP server and pump my SQL syntax's in the MYSQL console to look for bugs.
    It also keeps me going in Adobe Photoshop and other computing stuff that I just LOVE. What (if anything) does coffee help you with

Is coffee bad for you? Well short answer yes -Coffee is carcinogenic (cancer causing like tobacco), but you will need to consume over 100 cups of coffee in 24 hours to get a lethal dose of caffeine or start to worry about the carcinogenic property's of the coffee bean.

Do you drink it? Whats the deal with de-caffinated coffee -this is a insult to coffee.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

FayAurora

Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Mmmmm. Coffee sounds wonderful right now!~ ♥
    Oddly enough though, coffee doesn't really hype me up; it actually soothes me, calms me down, and knocks me right out, though that's only if it's not a super, super sweet kind. I have some friends who usually only drink sugar with a drop of coffee XD I prefer mine to be slightly bitter

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait. Coffee's carcinogenic? Are you sure? =/

Anyway, I don't drink as much of it as I used to, but I do like coffee a lot. Back during late junior year in high school, I really needed to coffee to stay awake after studying a lot and not getting much sleep. The only reason I stopped is cause I started sleeping in later than I was supposed to, and therefore not have enough time to make it. If I had the funds, I'd probably buy it, but I don't. These days, I've learned to stay awake even with only 3 or 4 hours of sleep.

So in short, I love coffee (iced especially) but I don't rely on it.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm one of the few who doesn't drink coffee - even if I live in the city where 2 big coffee companies got started (Starbucks and Tully's - every 2 or 3 major streets there is one or the other).

It's the taste of coffee I can't stand.

Years
  • I'm with Persian. I hate coffee, the taste is quite hard to describe but I tend to go with "an overwhelming sensation of yuck".

Besides, the most effective food/drink for waking you up in the morning is actually apples.

FayAurora

Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Well, I think I'd rather be addicted to coffee rather than something much more harmful like smoking or drugs. :P

Oh poor coffee, why must you be so good, yet so bad?!?

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Who just can't function without their morning coffee?
    I function ok without coffee; however I function at about half speed. So I don't need coffee, but it helps a lot.

Coffee is carcinogenic (cancer causing like tobacco)
    [Citation Needed] - Last I checked, Coffee was good for you except for in extreme overdose scenarios, or extreme overuse scenarios.

Do you drink it? Whats the deal with decaf coffee?
    I do drink it. Perhaps not daily as of now, but often enough as I see it necessary. Decaf Coffee is nice to have to prevent the caffeine in normal coffee from keeping you awake. I see decaf used in instances where you don't need the stimulation, as the levels in decaf are so miniscule that it has no appreciable net effect.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of coffee. I love the smell, but it tastes pretty nasty. I've recently found that there are some coffee products that I can tolerate, like frappes and Sonic's java chillers. But never straight coffee. And no, I don't need it in the morning haha.

Do you drink it? Whats the deal with de-caffinated coffee -this is a insult to coffee.

For people that don't want to bounce off the walls and/or are having it with dessert, haha. It doesn't taste any different.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    I haven't had even a sip of coffee, & I don't think I ever will. I'm more of a tea person, & even so, I like it iced, not hot.

Sanguine

malignant narcissist
    Years
  • I can function without coffee, but I am really weird without it :3

Every morning, one of us goes to the Costa on the other side of the street and gets coffee for everyone. Now, I wake up expecting to find a mocha latte on my bedside table xD

loldecaf

Nakala Pri

Coffee is addictive, but it doesn't keep you awake. That's what studies show. I think the reason it keeps you awake, is because of that urgent need to pee all night long. xD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • The taste of coffee is delicious, did you add enough sugar?

I have added sugar to coffee before, even tasted the other flavored ones, Cappuccino, Java, and other fancy names they give them. I personally still didn't like the taste. If I had coffee today I could not add any sugar at all, sugar and diabetes don't mix.

Someone else mentioned how good it smells - I agree on that, at the grocery store I like travelling through that isle, on the other end is where all the tea is, other side of the same isle is where all the water and hot cocoa mix is.

Years
  • Sydian said:
    I'm not a fan of coffee. I love the smell, but it tastes pretty nasty.
    This is the same as me. Freshly ground coffee is one of my favorite smells, but I've never acquired the taste for it, even though I've tried. And even though it has a fair amount of caffeine in it, I find that drinking anything hot actually makes me sleepier (both coffee and tea included), so I'd much rather have a can of Coke if I need a bit of a caffeine boost.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm rather addicted to coffee as of lately. I feel out of place if I don't have at least a cup a day. I know it apparently "doesn't actually wake you up" but I find it hard for me to go without it. I guess it's is addictive. I usually stand the taste of really black coffee, always usually add lots of sugar and cream haha. I love me some frappucinnos from Stabucks and Frappes from McDonalds. I need to try more lattes. Mmm.

Years
  • I always need my morning coffee. I can't imagine my day without it. Usually I drink five cups of coffee a day. It's so good ! :) AND I drink it with milk or just black.

Years
  • I used to drink coffee every morning!~ Until, a few months ago... it was suspected that coffee was causing me to have higher than normal blood pressure so my doctor ordered me to not have any more coffee. :\

The last time I had a fully enjoyable cup of coffee was back in January 2013, and I miss that. :P I used to always pour me a cup of coffee in a travel mug and take it to school to finish up there

Years
  • I don't drink coffee. Recently got into drinking tea because I learnt about the benefits it can have on the heart. Even then, I can certainly function just on water.

Back