• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cold Days!

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    That's right, I'm from 'up north,' and we had off of school today because of the cold weather! And to really make you southeners mad, we're off tomorrow, as well.

Today, the average temperature was -10F, the average windchill was -30F, and the high was 0F. We expect similar conditions tomorrow!

Is anyone else experiencing similar weather?

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    HAHAHA...I'm in MA right now, and early this morning was as cold as 4 degrees ferenheight (SP?)

My cousins school was cancelled, because it was stated that if you stood outside more than 5 minutes, you would get frostbyte.

kinda funny, if you think about it

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The temperature here was about that today. :[ School wasn't cancelled though. They never cancel for extreme cold here; they only cancel for bad weather/driving conditions. On days like today they just keep kids inside for recesses and whatnot. @_@;

I wish I could get days off when it's cold like this. XD It sucked walking home, but at least there wasn't too much wind.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    o.o I have to walk home for lunch (and back, as well as walk to school (and back..) and it felt like my ears and my forehead were being cut. The wind was just horrible. If you took the wind away, I could stand outside in my tshirt and jersey, and says "Huh, its prete warm out today" xD Oh, and now sionce Semester2 ahs started, I have to go outside to a portable for my period 2 class, which is the best class ever (Hands Down).

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Because of the weather I'm off school today after being off yesterday as well. I would be pleased, except school pretty much gives my life meaning these days.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    We've had quite cold weather where I live at the moment, but not as bad as -30F X_x Recently it's been between 0F - -20F.

Yami Rui

Awww {Tackle Glomps}
    Years
    Around -19C where I am currently at my school. I was off yesterday due to the windchill being around -30C. But yeah it's pretty darn cold, luckily recess has been cancelled today.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    Nyu, cold weather here as well. Forecast says it'll be -25C where I live, and that's on the coast where the temperatures are mellow. On the east border we've got temperatures around -40. o.o Meh, we never get days off from school because of the temperature, though, at least not unless it's so cold that the friggen' cars freeze up. xP

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    And here I thought it was global warming.

It's cold where I live, in Connecticut of USA. I'm wearing a winter coat and two shirts now as I sit in my living room. It's cold. I still have school, due to it being a college where the professors make the call on whether class occurs or not. So I still have to bundle up in 7 degrees weather for classes.

It just feels weird due to the warmer weather that we had in the past months. Even up here we had buds on the trees in December...which are now gone.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    Well, it's warm here now, but a few weeks ago it dipped into the lower 30's. I LOVED IT. XD

We had to cancel school because of icy conditions, and I'm in HOUSTON. Rarity.

And before that, it was in the 60's and 70's, then suddenly dropped.

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    That's right, I'm from 'up north,' and we had off of school today because of the cold weather! And to really make you southeners mad, we're off tomorrow, as well.

Today, the average temperature was -10F, the average windchill was -30F, and the high was 0F. We expect similar conditions tomorrow!

Is anyone else experiencing similar weather?

Yeah like you're from "up north USA". Canada has some pretty nasty winter weather. Right now, the temperature here is around -15C (5F), which strangely is "warmer" than the temps you've described.
    Where I live, schools and universities still require students to go to class even at -40C weather. I don't think I've ever had a school day off because of cold weather. I have to laugh at those from the West coast and the South, because school halts when a light dusting of snow is in the forecast. :cheeky:

Global warming? Nope. Feels like global cooling lol.

RYPHUS

anime lover
    Years
    I live in england the weather is always bad there it's like -1 everyday and thats still not cold enough to be off school.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I live in England, we et the whole week off, and it;s not even snowing >D

MystiKal

from the mouths of babes
    Years
    Here in Atlanta we got some ice a couple of weeks ago and we never get ice. Lol, everyone was flipping out. But my college never closes. :[

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    Nah, it's actually still summer here. Been hot since last year's November. No matter how serious it gets, I've yet to witness a school day get cancelled due to extreme weather. We endure swimming galas in heavy hail, being told that the downfall only urges us to swim that much faster. No one really cares about winning though, we just want to exit the pool and rush to safety. The school won't even consider building an indoor pool. For such an expensive, private school, it sure is cheap. It could also be that our weather never gets as bad as it does in the USA and other unfortunate countries. We don't even get snow here.

Years
    I had a snow day yesterday. And we had a 90 minute delay today. Last year there were so many snow days that we got out of school waaaaaay late. *_*

And yet oddly, when I lived in northern Utah, surrounded by ski resorts and WAY more snow than where I live now, we never had a single snow day. oO

~Chibi~

Back