• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comic Tragedy's Freestyle Extravaganza

This thread was approved by Loki, a Super Moderator of Pokecommunity.

Yes, you understand correctly. I, Comic Tragedy, have put together a new graphic contest. The point of this contest is that there is no point besides having fun making graphics. I wanted to make a simple contest where the contestants are encouraged to use ANY form of graphics, rather than being constrained to set guidelines.

Just to get this straight, in this tournament style graphics competition you are able to make anything as long as it is of course digital art. You are aloud to create any type of large piece, small piece or anything in between.

The only catch is that you must come to an agreement with you're opponent as to what medium you will be competing in for you're round of the tournament. For example, say the opponent I was paired up with for round two of our tournament was Dukey. Me and Dukey can come to agreement on any form of graphic medium, regardless of what we did last round, and as long as we both understand the medium's constraints (a tag is small, an lp is large haha).

Another feature of this competition is a prolonged deadline for entering your piece in each round. I really wanted to allow more flexibility for the participants of the contest. Giving them a whole week to find inspiration, and work on their, um, whatever.

How do I join?

Seriously you just post in this thread. I don't care what you say. There is no code, just make it clear to me you want to compete and I'll add you to the participants list at the bottom of this post.

The contests format

The format of this contest will be very similar to the Handicap Battle's. It will also be a sudden death tournament format. So if you win, you advance, if you lose, you are out of the competition.

After signups I will post the bracket on this thread. Please periodically check the bracket if you want to be moderately aware of when you get to compete.

The voting process

I am quoting CME for this section. I think she laid down the law quite eloquently.
A 48-hour (2-day) voting period will begin immediately after the deadline. All members can vote, except for the two participants of the match. The tournament presider can only vote in the case of a tie.

Members must post a paragraph of at least three sentences about the entry they're going to vote for, and one sentence of constructive criticism for the other entry. It's a pretty simple format so if a member fails to follow it, he/she will be sent a PM by the Tournament Presider and will be given the rest of the voting period to edit his/her vote. His/her vote will be invalidated if it still isn't of the prescribed format by the end of the voting period. (Sorry, chief.) And no playing favorites!

Some voting threads you should check out!

Elimination

• You will be eliminated if you do not meet the one week deadline of posting your entry.
  • You will be eliminated if you retract yourself from the competition (obvious lol).
  • You will be eliminated if you lose in a round of voting.

The participants

1. C:\PC\Ezzo
  2. Gummy
  3. Comic Tragedy
  4. Cherii
  5. Statistics
  6. Counterfeit
  7. Dukey
  8. Graceful
  9. moments.
  10. Loki
  11. Color Me Evil
  12. vVintage
  13. Angela

The bracket

Last edited:

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
    I wish I could compete guys but Im gonna be in school studying when this comp starts
    Anyways I just wanted to post here wishing luck to all of the contestants and I hope this goes well CT~

I am making it clear that I want to compete.
    Haha, now run up to you're room and stop you're funny business Cherii! -added- xD

I wish I could compete guys but Im gonna be in school studying when this comp starts
    Anyways I just wanted to post here wishing luck to all of the contestants and I hope this goes well CT~
    We all wish the circumstances were otherwise, and thanks.

Way to force me to join huh?
    I'm in, boiii
    WHY IS IT ALWAYS ABOUT YOU?! ;^;
    Ima smack that silly slang out of you boy.

-added-

Contest Announcement!

I would really appreciate it if all of the contestants took the time to read the entire first post to avoid confusion and complications. I really don't want people to complain about not understanding the contest they entered in suddenly.

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I think I might join.
    Might just make a piece of crap the first round and be done with it if it's too much of a hassle though. xD!
    [/time restraints are loosening~]

You're the one that used me in an example o.O
    Yay! You read the instructions. Good job setting an example Dukestah.

I'd like to enter....Please...? :P
    No need to do the whole quadruple dot please question on me. You're in. -added-

Entering might help me get back into the graphics scene and get accustomed with CS4!
    Count me in!
    I'm sure it will. -added-

I think I might join.
    Might just make a piece of crap the first round and be done with it if it's too much of a hassle though. xD!
    [/time restraints are loosening~]
    Loki you beautiful lady I'm sure whatever you make will be awesome. :]
    -added-

Keep the sign ups coming graphic community!

Back