• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yup, I'm enjoying White. Only using Black atm so I can trade across an Oshawott for White. lol :3

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    I had to resort to my Acekard. My friend lent me Black for the long weekend so I could get him the Liberty Pass. In my Acekard'ed White, I'm at Castelia City, about to face Burgh/Arti. Fortunately for me, I can try the Xtransceiver with my friend's game. :D

That sounds so fun. ^__^ I can't wait until I can get a copy of the game. I suppose my first priority, gaming wise, would be to replace my messed up DSLite. >__<

-Jared-

Years
    What's wrong with your lite? Shoulder buttons shot?

[offtopic] Today, I got my cast removed. :D I feel so free... [/offtopic]

Well, that, but I know the whole "blow into them to fix them temporarily" trick. No, both my DS's top screen AND my brother's are messed up. Mine will turn completely white unless I hold it just right (even sometimes when I AM holding it right...) and my brothers messes with the colors to the point that the mountain tiles in Platinum are purple and yellow. 0__o

You had a cast? Glad it's off, anywho. :D I've never had to have a cast...*knocks on wood*

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My copy of White is sitting there, waiting to be played. ._.

Team Fail said:
    [offtopic] Today, I got my cast removed. I feel so free... [/offtopic]

I think I remember you mentioning that you had a cast on sometime ago. Excuse my crappy memory. But glad you finally got it off! :)

Years
    Hey, a new DCC thread.

I'm busy playing with my copy of Pokemon White. Sadly, I'm playing blind and I'm finding the journey a bit on the hard side. Is it me or does the CPU have better luck with critical hits, status inflicting moves hitting and just being a pain while my battles have been with really close level Pokemon, moves not hitting, crappy movesets and very slow experience gains?

I'm enjoying Pokemon White, but I need major help. ><

-Jared-

Years
    It sounds like the ribbon wire between the processor and the screen is damaged.

Yeah, the cast was a real pain to work with. You don't ever want one.

What does that meeeeeeaaaaan? T__T Is it easily fixable? I have no confidence in my DIY skills, so if it's to hard, I'd rather just buy a 3DS. XD

No, I don't, if not for the difficult to work with part, but the pain part. >__>

-Jared-

Years
    Not too sure. I've read many several times about the ribbon cord doing just that. I would ask a local game store and see what they could do. Or send it to Nintendo. You pay for a repair, but you can get extra warranty.

The cast wasn't painful, except when I tried to twist my wrist inside of it, because it would only move so far.

I'll just save up for a 3DS. Might as well, right? :D Besides, I can still technically use it for GBA games, and my brother's DS will work fine for Pal Park if it is necessary, so yeah.

Was it itchy? >__> That would be another thing I would hate. >__<

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Well, that, but I know the whole "blow into them to fix them temporarily" trick. No, both my DS's top screen AND my brother's are messed up. Mine will turn completely white unless I hold it just right (even sometimes when I AM holding it right...) and my brothers messes with the colors to the point that the mountain tiles in Platinum are purple and yellow. 0__o

tbh I'm afraid of that.
    Like that happened sorta with the laptop and the DS already has missing pixels. XD

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I just walked in the 7th Gym, I'm not sure how I'm going to do, as the only Pokemon on my team who has a fire type attack is my Zebstrika. But the three Pokemon that I train the most are all at lv 39, so I may be able to pull it off. I'll see after class. I've been playing the game too much lately, been kind of sick. While I should have been spending extra time sleeping I've been playing, 'cause I'm addicted >.>

I'm so excited to see how the plot goes, I can't wait to catch Reshiram.

Years
    A new experience system? Well, I hate it! I barely got by Cress and I got my ass handed to me by Lenora. >< And I can't tell you how many times my Pokemon already fainted against wild Pokemon.

There's one bright spot in all this. After I got beat by Lenora, I went to Pinwheel Forest, caught a Throh and he made short work of Lenora. It put my Pignite to shame! Since my Throh is slow to begin with, it learned Revenge. I need a Water type Pokemon badly. I'm already at Castelia City and I only spotted a Tympole. Maybe I should have started out with Oshawott.

BTW, explain to me how this new experience system is supposed to make training much easier?

-Jared-

Years

tbh I'm afraid of that.
    Like that happened sorta with the laptop and the DS already has missing pixels. XD

XD That's why I primarily play GBA games or DS games that primarily use the bottom screen (Mystery Dungeon, Final Fantasy Tactics A2, etc.)

I so want one of those. I'm asking my dad on Sunday and I am hoping he says yes.

As for itchiness, use a very thin, and long straw. Like, ones for older cans of compressed air.

Good luck! XD

Ah, good idea. I was kinda thinking, we have a fireplace, so we buy these big bags of kindling to help start fires, and sometimes they give us these really thin, near useless sticks that would probably fit down a cast. I would hope. XD Then they would

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I'll just save up for a 3DS. Might as well, right?

I'm so looking foward to the 3DS, I've already pre-ordered the Black one (to go along with Pokemon black)

A new experience system? Well, I hate it! I barely got by Cress and I got my ass handed to me by Lenora. >< And I can't tell you how many times my Pokemon already fainted against wild Pokemon.

BTW, explain to me how this new experience system is supposed to make training much easier?

I don't know either, I lost to Lenora three times, She is the only person I have lost to, I'm on route 9 now. I'm simply marveling at the size of this region. IT'S freaking HUGE!!

Years
    Basically when you use Experience share 2/3's of the Exp goes to the one holding Exp. Share.

So I use Lucky egg and every thing works out AWESOME.

Solosis went from Lv 20 to 26 in Brycen's gym LOL.

-Jared-

Years
    I'm so looking foward to the 3DS, I've already pre-ordered the Black one (to go along with Pokemon black)

Haha, nice theming. ^__^ I hope they make a Red/Black 3DS. I wanted the Red/Black DSLite but none of my nearby stores had them in stock, but they had the Blue/black ones, so I settled for that since I had already been waiting for half a year to get a DS. XD

Years
    I think I am getting the black one. I have pre-ordered the black one, however, I am still not sure. I can change my mind when I go to buy it if I want.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back