• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Competitive Battling Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I don't know if any of you saw but Multiscale Lugia/Regenerator Ho-oh are being released in that AR searcher game. Only relevant to Ubers players but interesting to say the least.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Imposter Ditto wasn't that much of a problem for me when I played in DW OU. It was full of Shadow Tag Chandelure, Technician Breloom, Prankster Liepard and mostly just the random Serperior, Sceptile etc. Although when I did run into one it wasn't that hard to take down. I probably just got lucky since I've heard that they can sweep entire teams, lmao.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
lol Imposter ditto will stop newbs setting up dd 6 times, played against it its really not that good.

(21:15:49) Elfnan the barbarian: its not that hard to thwart
(21:15:55) Elfnan the barbarian: though if you see it in team preview dont set up
(21:16:03) Elfnan the barbarian: plus with sr and no lefties its kinda lol
(21:16:16) Elfnan the barbarian: dat 300 hp stat

Years
just gonna tell everybody not to download PO v2 until PC's server has unless we're switching to PS because its apparently bad and has 2 separate registries, meaning servers equipped with PO v2 only show up to PO v2 users so you wont be able to see pc's server if you upgrade

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
just gonna tell everybody not to download PO v2 until PC's server has unless we're switching to PS because its apparently bad and has 2 separate registries, meaning servers equipped with PO v2 only show up to PO v2 users so you wont be able to see pc's server if you upgrade

I downloaded it into a separate folder for now, and it still has some pretty serious bugs to work out, so PC shouldn't update anytime soon.

First, the Therian formes appeared as [Normal][Normal] types for some reason, and take damage accordingly. Also, from what I played, Lum, pinch, and type effectiveness berries didn't work at all, so I'm inclined to believe none of the berries work. I was randomly disconnected from the PO server several times, and couldn't reconnect.

That's just what I got from yesterday, and I doubt they've been fixed yet. Stick with the previous versions of PO for now. >_<

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
What should we do with the server? Should we update to PO2, keep it the way it is, or convert to Pokémon Showdown? I would rather change to PS because it seems like a higher quality simulator, and I hear it's easier to make mods for it (i.e. create fake Pokémon).

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
What should we do with the server? Should we update to PO2, keep it the way it is, or convert to Pokémon Showdown? I would rather change to PS because it seems like a higher quality simulator, and I hear it's easier to make mods for it (i.e. create fake Pokémon).

I think we should move to Pokemon Showdown. I liked how they integrated the moving Pokemon sprites and some form of attack animation to make battles look more interesting to the eye. It also doesn't lag much.

Lila.

Banned
Years
PS is in a beta stage right now so it's REALLY laggy. I think that we should stay with po version 1.0.60 for now until pokemon showdown upgrades to a better version. The problem with PO version 2 is that most people haven't downloaded it as it is incompatible with older versions of po...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
PS is in a beta stage right now so it's REALLY laggy. I think that we should stay with po version 1.0.60 for now until pokemon showdown upgrades to a better version. The problem with PO version 2 is that most people haven't downloaded it as it is incompatible with older versions of po...

Huh, I could've sworn that Showdown was working fine for me. I haven't bothered downloading the latest PO, so I'll stick with Showdown for now.

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2012
I kinda prefer PO because really, I'm terrible with remembering to visit/use websites, whereas I open/load programs out of habit. :x But I guess if we are moving to PS like it seems to be then I guess I'll put in extra effort. Though if they had a downloadable version in the future, then that would be amazing! But ya one thing though, are there separate servers on showdown? Since I only know of Smogon's and I don't see anything else there.

And can we choose name colours/have challenge messages?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
PS is in a beta stage right now so it's REALLY laggy.
Are you sure the lag isn't related the amount of users on the official server? Because it might not be as laggy on smaller servers.

I kinda prefer PO because really, I'm terrible with remembering to visit/use websites, whereas I open/load programs out of habit. :x But I guess if we are moving to PS like it seems to be then I guess I'll put in extra effort. Though if they had a downloadable version in the future, then that would be amazing! But ya one thing though, are there separate servers on showdown? Since I only know of Smogon's and I don't see anything else there.
I don't see you remembering to visit PO. :( And it's possible to make a private server. If I ask Petie to set up the programs and all needed to run a server, it would likely be accessed through this link. Also, one advantage to using PS is that it doesn't require a download. Some users are unable to download PO, so using PS instead would be more convenient.

Edit: The battling chat has now over 1,000 posts wooo.

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
Personally I reckon stay with PO (old version) until you can get a PS server up and running. It's a much cleaner and better simulator as well imo. Don't switch to PO2 yet, it's very buggy atm. If you want to stay with PO2 at least let them iron out some of the issues first.

Wait til you can get a PS server would be my choice. It's not like PO is really terrible to use.

Perriechu

Years
so i'm confused, has the approval gone from tournaments and events?

Years
It's been gone for a while to give it a more casual atmosphere not to mention not as many tournaments [or events] were being posted as there were when the restriction was set in place.

I am back. %__%

Nelson_Mandela.JPG

Perriechu

Years
So is Pokemon Online basically dead now? Because the only server that has users is the actual PO server.

Years
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
OU is really really boring atm. I remember it was boring last gen too but not this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back