• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Compiling and Processing

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Is there any way to stop the new Essentials from compiling every time, like the older releases did.

In an older version, which I can't find on my laptop, the game would only compile if a txt file was edited.

Now it compiles all the time and it uses up about 2 minutes of testing an editing, it doesn't seem alot, but when you start the game and have done a silly error like an event walking too far or not enough, or a picture slightly out of position, it's very time wasting when you haven't actually edited any txt files.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    You can test using the game.exe rather that playtest or in Compiler script, in
    Code:
      if Input.press?(Input::CTRL)
        mustcompile=true
      end
    Change it to false, so when you hold Ctrl it didn't compiles.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Essentials has always worked the same way when it comes to compiling. There's a couple of checks which decide whether the game should compile fully (including whether a PBS file or data file has been changed since the last full compile, or whether a new map has been created since then) - if it passes these checks without needing to fully compile, then it does the quick version as normal.

The quick version is to compile the animations, turn trainer comments into proper event commands, and load the messages.

Basically, changing a PBS file isn't the only reason the game might fully compile. Essentials hasn't changed, so it must be because of whatever you're doing.

Years
  • I was having the same problem after updating. I'm not sure what it was exactly that was causing the problem, but I think it was because I copied over all the maps from my project and forgot to delete a few of the default Esstentials maps. At first the maps weren't showing up in XP so I never noticed the problem, but after a while they just appeared in the list so I went and deleted them. After that everything went back to normal.
    My guess is that when you updated you forgot to copy something, or forgot to delete something which could be causing it to recompile everytime.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Oh god! I kind of used FL .'s way at the moment, seems the easiest way.
    I really wasn't doing anything Maruno besides changing an event by one thing or a script by a couple numbers, nothing too major, but I went back to a real old version I have and it's clear here that it will only compile everything when you edit a txt file, not the scripts or anything... And when it's got to compile over 800 trainers with 1-6 Pokémon each, that's a lot of lines to process, even though it does it pretty quick, it's still unneccessary to do so when you haven't edited these... I'll look around Cast, thanks for your contribution... It's okay though, I'll suffer until I find the cure, it's not so much a problem when I have other things to be getting on with, just testing an event for a silly error or a script for the same reason just got irritating... I'll manage until then, thanks guys. x

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    And when it's got to compile over 800 trainers with 1-6 Pokémon each, that's a lot of lines to process, even though it does it pretty quick, it's still unneccessary to do so when you haven't edited these...
    Trainer comments are always converted into trainer events, regardless. You may want to delete the comments after converting them the first time, so that time isn't spent converting them again and again each time you run the game.

Back